• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Epic 20] Diablos Ex Machina

Ryfte

First Post
Sooo... with gear now... (which isn't done but getting close...) Artim's attack...

+34/+34/+34/+29/+29/+24 melee, Unarmed Strike, 2d10 + 22 + wrack spell (Fort DC15) + level drain(2lvls on a crit.) + poison (FortDC20;1d10/1d10 Con) + (crit only) 1 Con, 20/x2 (full; two-weapon attack sequence + snap kick)

Gear can really make things scary! If you allowed the souleater you could REALLY rack up those level drains!!!

ethandrew

First Post
I should ask, would the Libris Mortis be allowed for feats for my Dread Necromancer? Also, I'm toying with the idea of having an undead mount/cohort. Probably a skeletal dragon, only Large size, though, based on the HD restrictions. Thoughts?

Eidalac

Explorer
Libris should be fine for feats, and an undead mount wouldn't be the strangest thing by a long shot.

Looking over the Undead Leadership feat and extrapolating the HD limits on skeletal cohorts, you could get a 34 HD skeletal dragon... but that would suck. Plus, the idea of a mindless cohort is, well, dumb.

So, I tooled around a bit with the Evolved Undead template to make something that should be suitable (it's not 100% fine tuned, but should be pretty close). I basically ignored the int restriction on the template and traded the +2 cha for a +1 int per instance. In place of the special attacks of the template, I gave a few feats, some skills and a fly speed.

I'm a bit concerned about the fast healing; I may take it down to 14 (the base 3 +11 for the other applications of the feat, rather than +3 each time).

[sblock="Dragon"]Evolved Skeletal <type> Dragon CR 15ish
NE Large Undead
Init +4; Senses Blindsense 60', keen senses; Awareness +18

AC 22 (-1 size, +13 natural), touch 9, flat 22
HP 150 (20 HD), WP 14; DR 3/-, DR 5/bludgeoning
Fast Healing 36
Immune <type>, cold; SR 20
Turn Resistance +12
Fort +12, Ref +12, Will +12

Spd 60', Fly 60' (poor)
Melee bite +40 (2d8+20) and 2 claws +35 (2d6+10) and 2 wings +30 (1d8+10) and tail slap +25 (2d6+30)
Space 15' (long); Reach 10' (15' with bite)
Atk Options Frightfull Presence (210', will DC 22)
BaB +20; Grp +42

S +20, Dex +0, Con -, Int +1, Wis +0, Cha +2
Feats Improved Iniative, Unholy Toughness
Skills Awarness (G) +18, Athletics (G) +38, Intimidate (G) +20, Spellcraft (G) +19[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ryfte

First Post
Eidalac... why is the fast healing a concern? It's got a really low AC and very little DR... so it will take a ton of damage. *shrug*

Avalon®

First Post
Eidalac, can we use the Spell Compendium?

[sblock=Else...]May I suggest downloading from a P2P (peer to peer) program the requested book? Limewire has it...[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Eidalac said:
Scott DeWar:
Possibly. However, IIRC, ATM, there are 8, and that's the max I'll start out with.

if you would keep me as an alternate player, that would be nice...if you want i can give a pc submittal, or i can remain open for what ever may be needed.

Ryfte

First Post
Scott DeWar said:
if you would keep me as an alternate player, that would be nice...if you want i can give a pc submittal, or i can remain open for what ever may be needed.

Hmmm... I don't think it was a "first submitted first accepted" model Scott. Thus you should do a full submit anyways... right Eidalac?

Eidalac

Explorer
Gah. I think the Internet is rejecting me...

Anyway:

The fast healing is only a minor concern. I did that late last night, so haven't had a chance to do a good crunch to see how all the factors work.

I don't have Spell Compendium, and it would take me weeks to acquire it. I'd be willing to consider individual spells, provided you can get me all the info on them, but there are only so many I can effectively keep track of, so go easy, k? ;)

And, yeah, order of entry will be a tertiary factor if I have to pick from the applicants. The character concept and execution will be of greater importance.

Lords, it's been nearly 5 hours since I first started typing this up...

Oh, and I'm thinking about Wednesday to get this party started.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Nac Mac Feegle said:
I dunno, MoMF seems a little...lame if it doesn't stack, considering that druids can turn into a rather impressive selection of things at 20th level and get their supernatural and spell like abilities.

I thought Druids only get supernatural abilities of elementals. Does MoMF broaden this to any shape?

Also Force dragons are epic monsters - do they still exist in this modified epic game?

I figure my character is woefully underpowered in comparison, mostly because Im not practiced with making PCs of this level. Any suggestions would be welcome.
However I figure such things will mater less is an online game. Unless we start killing each other, not an impossibility with an all evil party of worldbeaters.

Rapier of puncturing +2 is in DMG, at 50k Sakers is upgraded to +3 @ 75k
Both of my characters parents were human, infact they were (very) closely related.... but that is another story. That would leave Seker human as well.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Eidalac said:
...And, yeah, order of entry will be a tertiary factor if I have to pick from the applicants. The character concept and execution will be of greater importance...
right...i will read in the post and find the character gen data and where to submitt my submittle.

thanks!!

Remove ads