• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Epic 20] Diablos Ex Machina

Avalon®

First Post
Since we're down to 8 applicants, how about if we can get a list of all the entries?
It would help us coordinate tactics and such.

Ryfte

First Post
Eidalac said:
Skill Tricks
Okies, in this skill system, 1 skill point can be spent to gain 2 skill tricks.

(famous last words, I know. ;))

Those certainly are... famous... ;)

Okay... here goes... (using my 20th level swordsage as an example...)

6 + Int modifier skill points per level (and x4 at 1st level) = 184pts

New Skill System estimations...

Swordsage (as ranger/rogue base) 14pts. + Int modifier + 1/2 levels + 1/4 swordsage levels + Intelligence modifier = 29pts.

Swordsage Skills: Agility, Athletics, Awareness, Common Knowledge, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Ride, Search, Sense Motive, Sneak, Warcraft

Take Agility and Sneak as an example as well...

Agility (S) [Cost3 + 1classSkill(free)]
• +40 Balance +15dex+2synergy
• +40 Escape Artist +15dex+2synergy
• +40 Tumble +15dex+2synergy
• +38 Perform (dance) +15dex
• +40 Use Rope +15dex+2synergy

Summary:
In this system three skill points in class to Agility is worth 5 (number of skills) x 23 (ranks granted at 20th level) = 115 skill ranks!!!

Recommendation...
Make skill tricks swappable at a 1 feat = 4 skill tricks ratio. Since skill tricks are extremely situational and limited in uses as well they're far less powerful. In addition to this just adjudicate them as a good GM would. *shrug*

Shayuri

First Post
Mew...I was semi-half-serious, actually...

Though, with your system, I could afford to be LA +1...I have two racial abilities that are totally redundant with my feats and abilities...

HMM.

Not many +1 templates though...

Hey! What's this Belt of Magnificence from? It seems like a huge bargain for adding +6 to so many stats... Does it do anything else? I may have to try to fit one of those into my budget...

Last edited:

Ryfte

First Post
Belt of Magnificence

It's in the miniatures handbook and it is indeed merely 200k for +6 to all six stats. ;)

Edit: You don't save much in coin but slot-wise you really do. :D

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
On the contrary, you save a BUNDLE.

All six items in separate slots is 216k.

But given that compressing each of them into one slot would incur a +50% charge on five of them, the real savings is really more like...106k! And even that's assuming there's no affinity surcharges.

But I think Nac's got an even better one...an item that does the same thing, but only costs 150,000.

Hee...I think the GM might want to step in and make a ruling about what an item that does this (adds +6 to all stats) costs, cuz we're all over the map here. :)

Shayuri

First Post
Oh? Did I misread? I thought you had a belt that gave +6 to all physical...that you then added +6 to all mental stats to? That's still one item...

But I may have misread or misunderstood.

Ryfte

First Post
Nac's got 2 items... a belt and a helm (i.e. circlet) with the stats split up but each item has other abilities. I've got the single belt for all stats but no other abilities stacked. *shrug*

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads