• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic cleric feats /PrCs?

MrCharm

Community Supporter
I have a 20th level Aasimar Cleric of Kossuth (all levels cleric) that will pick up an epic level soon. I have looked at the ELH, and none of the feats or PrCs seem that great. Does anyone have any suggestions? Her CHR and WIS are very high.
My DM is open to about any book, subject to his approval, so what would you all do?

TIA

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
DMG. Heirophant. Seriously. Pick up Divine Reach. Depending on what sort of Cleric you are, you might consider levels in Fighter or Paladin.

Kvantum

First Post
Divine Reach is almost essential. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of the Reach Spell feat in Complete Divine.

Beyond that, though... Well, Mastery of Energy is nice if you face a lot of undead (+4 to turning and HD turned checks)

But taking more than 2 or 3 levels in Hierophant? I dunno... kinda limits your spellcasting effectiveness.

Rkhet

First Post
If you play pure cleric, every three levels you get a bonus epic feat. So whatever benefit you get from PrCs, it had better beat this.

Paladin: Aasimars don't get penalties for paladin. Picking up two levels for divine grace is pretty much a given at epic levels.

Fatespinner is pretty cool. Though whether it's worth an epic feat or two is up for debate.

Cosmic Descryer + Holy Word = pwn. But that's high cheese.

Hierophant: Clerics don't get as many metamagics, being feat-starved, and Hierophant fixes that.

Contemplative: an extra domain is worth an epic feat, and since you're taking this at epic levels you don't get the save and bab penalties you'd normally get. Only take a single level, and only if your god has a domain you want.

Void Disciple: the fourth level power, Void Release, lets you mimic any feat twice per day. There are some truly cheesy things you could do with that.

Jack Simth

First Post
Heirophant is a very good choice. Full progression of caster level (but no progression of spell slots or spells available - not that it matters at epic levels for a cleric, as a cleric doesn't get more spell slots nor more spells known at epic without feats anyway - and no turning increases). However, it's only a five level PrC, so after that you will need to pick up something else - Loremaster is a decent choice, although you may need to burn a feat that is unlikely to help you much to get it.

As for Epic feats - well, depends on the flavor of your character, and what you want to focus on - Leadership (and it's epic counterpart) are sometimes handy (and can be particularly effective if you go with Epic Spellcasting - many might say "broken"). Planar Turning can be useful, although not as much so if you don't keep up your turning level (really fun to Command outsiders that your wizard friend brings up with Planar Binding - pets with Greater Teleport and/or Plane Shift as Spell-like at will abilities can be handy). Bonus Domain can also be very useful, as can the later Spontaneous Domain. If you concentrate hard on Improved Spell Capacity, you can (eventually) take Innate Spell (Tome and Blood) for Miracle (spell-like ability to cast miracle at will).

What are you after?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Kvantum said:
Divine Reach is almost essential. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of the Reach Spell feat in Complete Divine.
Especially since the feat is +1 spell level.
Kvantum said:
But taking more than 2 or 3 levels in Hierophant? I dunno... kinda limits your spellcasting effectiveness.
Well, in Epic levels, the only reason to not take Hierophant is to increase your caster level. You don't more spells/day or anything.

But the Hierophant isn't too useful past two or three levels in it anyway. Consider taking levels in PrCs that give you bonus domains.

MrCharm

Community Supporter
Heirophant seems to be the ticket, at least for Divine Reach.

More info:
She is almost strictly a caster, being Min/Maxed heavily in that direction. We are fighting almost exclusively dragons and devils, and the BBEG is a ECL 30+ Pit Fiend, I believe.

I will look at all the suggested spell/class combos. Thanks for the suggestions, and keep 'em coming!

Remove ads