• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Epic D&D] Forgiveness is Divine (Full Again)

Arknath

First Post
I am going to run a planar epic game. Would like 4-6 players who:

1) Have the Epic Level Handbook
2) Have the ability to type in a concise and understandable manner
3) Are willing to create characters that are planar in nature
4) Are not min/maxers, munchkins, power-mongers
5) Are interested in being a part of a great story

If you fit the previously stated requirements, character creation will be as follows:

1) 28 point buy
2) Character must be planar in nature (either through natural race, prestige class ability, etc)
3) Created at 25th level
4) Created with WotC or Malhavoc Press books (other books will be considered, but I must have them)
5) Max hit point/hit die

Edit

Here are a few additional requirements that have been added:

1) Planar race clarification: Characters can be any celestial, plane-touched or templated planar creatures. Please no "half" templates unless both templates are planar in nature.
2) Templates must reflect a good creature. Do not choose a fiendish or shadow template because these templates are inherently evil or non-good in nature.
3) Please, no elementals of any kind.
4) Base creature must not be, nor has ever been, mortal in any way.

This is all I can think of for now...

Last edited:

Rino

First Post
i would like to enter this game.

cleric of (diety unknown so far)
do we get extra XP for the creation of items?

Last edited:

Jaik

First Post
I would love to give this game a try. If it meets the planar race requirement, I'd like to play a half-celestial halfling, unsure as to class as yet.

Arknath

First Post
Jaik - sounds like an interesting concept, but I would like to have "non-mortal" characters (meaning full blood celestial or what not). Applying templates is ok by me (if you wanted to make a celestial halfling, that's cool).

Rino - you will be given XP to create magic items with. I have as yet decided on how much.

Last edited:

Jaik

First Post
I guess I should ask for some clarification, then. When you say that you want "non-mortal" characters, do you mean (1) planetouched such as tieflings or aasimar, (2) full-on planar creatures such as elementals, celestials, and fiends, (3) regular creatures with a planar template applied, or (4) a mix of the above? I'm not trying to be picky, I'm just trying to get a better handle on your vision for the game and its characters.

Arknath

First Post
Don't worry about asking for clarification...I understand completely.

Let me just start by saying that the campaign will not be taking place on a "Prime Material Plane". This being the case, I consider "plane-touched" creatures to be special creatures on the Prime, but ordinary creatures on other planes.

To directly answer a question, a mix of the above is what I'm looking at. So you can be Celestial, plane-touched, have a planar template and so on. However, there are three additional things that this reminded me of and so I'll put them in the requirements.

1) Please no evil or fiendish creatures. The plot of the game is centered around the characters being non-evil. Also, lawful alignments are STRONGLY encouraged. Chaotic are forbidden.

2) Templates you apply should preferrably have "good" undertones to them. Looking at the shadow template from the Manual of the Planes, "evil" or "not good" comes to mind. Trust me...all will become clear.. :)

3) Please, no elementals of any kind.

Last edited:

Jaik

First Post
Okay, I think I'll be safe and be double-planar with a half-celestial (template) halfing monk. Starting with 25 levels, even the adjustment for the template shouldn't bring me below 20, so I'll still be an outsider, and a lwaful good one at that.

Arknath

First Post
Ok...just for MY clarification (see, even I need it.. :) ) you are planning another template with the half-celestial one?

If I need to increase the levels because of the requirements, I will do so...just need to figure out who's going to play what.

Jaik

First Post
My current plan is to play a halfling with the half-celestial template applied. The template carries a level adjustment of 2-4 depending on the DM and reference for the level adjustment. The CR in the MOnster Manual is +2, but the ECL from Savage Species is +4. YMMV. Assuming an ECL of +4, I'm left with a level 21 monk, and I believe that level 20 monk turns you into an outsider, but I'll have to check my PHB to be sure.

So, only one template.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads