• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EPIC M&M: Issue 6 (IC)

Dalamar

Adventurer
"I will get equipment there to help you out of the tunnel. Are Vincent and Monica, our team members there with you?"

After sending the message to Loco, Johan sends another to Michelle.
"Michelle, do you copy? This is Johan, I am picking up a scrambled radio signal from Loco. He is located some twenty miles from here. The exact words I picked up are "escaped but the deedd ... collapsed and I ... tunnel wiii ... cave in. ... hear me? ... You better get ... and help. It's going ... dig out the tunnel. I ... safe inside but can't ..."
From what I can gather, the tunnel has collapsed and he can't tunnel without causing another cave-in, and needs help."

Mimic

First Post
Dalamar said:
"From what I can gather, the tunnel has collapsed and he can't tunnel without causing another cave-in, and needs help."

"Contact Ms. Price, we don't have the force or the equipment to help him, are you still in contact with him and did he say anything about Vince and Monica." She tells Johan. "Any word about Sanjay?" She slowly rubs one of her temples feeling a headache comming on.

Agamon

Adventurer
"Two of them, let's take 'em out. That armor is really strong. I'll try and melt it, you hit them with...whatever that is," Sanjay says to Vida before turning his concentration to one of the guards.

Just like on the other guard, Transmutation +8 on the armor of one of the guards to try and weaken it.

Last edited:

Calinon

First Post
In a Secret SAP Lab, Same Facility
Neutron

Vida seems to understand what you're saying. Quickly you step out and cut loose a disintegrating blast of energy.

Attack roll: 20 hits (-8 from armor)

The blast is effective, leaving the armor hole filled and pock marked. Vida immediately steps in front of you, raises her hand, palm outward, and a visible wave of energy sweeps out, catching the same guard fully and sending him flying backwards to lay slumped against the elevator door. Vida keeps her palm facing the remaining guard.

The remaining guard says, obviously in communication with the other guards, "Chavez is down! We need reinforcements!" He levels his arm cannon at Vida and lets loose a pair of energy pulses. One streaks over her head and yours, while the other looks like it will hit her in the stomach, then suddenly changes direction and slams into her palm. The pulse reflects back, striking the guard sending him staggering back in a daze.

You start to feel odd, but not in a bad way. You are breathing easier, your muscles don't ache, and you are starting to regain your equilibrium. You would attribute it to the adreniline rush of a life and death struggle, but ever since that IV came out, you've been feeling better and stronger.

Neutron is up!

Condition Summary
Guard A-22 (1VP, 1L, -8 armor, disabled, KO), Guard B-22 (1VP, 1L, stunned), Neutron 12 (2L, Anaconda infected (variant)), Vida 12 (1HP, Anaconda infected (variant))

Outside the SAP Research Facility
Johan

The radio crackles again as you tweak it to send your message, and then Loco comes through quite clearly, speaking animatedly in Portuguese. The message, untranslated, is broadcast through all of your communicators.

Comprehend check: 22 succeeds

Translated from Portuguese: "I am not in the tunnel! Ghost killed that cat-girl and was going to kill the Demon boy so I collapsed the tunnel on Ghost and his truck. I just managed to dig myself out but am too injured to dig the Demon boy out. If he is injured, or worse, trapped beneath rocks, he won't have much time left! Get here quickly!"

Michelle
The guard who you talked to before seems to get a radio message from his counterparts below.

"The other team has reported in. About five hundred meters in, the tunnel has been collapsed. They've used scanners and it is sealed by rock and earth for at least another five hundred meters. We have no digging tools for a job of that size, especially in a subterranean tunnel, so hopefully your teammates were able to get out the other side," the guard informs you.

"Bloody hell!" SJ's dad exclaims. "Let's find that hot chick and get some action going on this!"

"Oh, there you are," comes a voice from down the hall. Pavo comes hurrying up to you. "I have some news. I've just been informed by Ms. Price that I'm needed back in Brazilia. The facility doctor also told me that Neutron has been flown ahead to an SAP medical facility in Brazilia." He pauses, shaking his head a moment. "You will have to forgive me. My last instructions were confusing for me, especially with your missing team mates, but with the facility breech and a containment problem in the lower levels, the facility will be locked down. Only essential personel are to remain. And I cannot find Vida anywhere to drive you."

Just then, Loco's non-translated message comes through on your communicator.

Straightjacket
You and Anna are wheeled out of the facility and into a waiting jet. Other than the crew of the plane and one medic, no medical personel go with you, though Johan, or one of his duplicates, comes with you. The plane is quickly prepped for take-off, which is when Loco's message comes through your communicators without translation.

Loki
Just as Ms. Price walks out, your earpiece delivers Loco's non-translated message.

Mordane76

First Post
Kipping up to his feet, X12 moves to grab ahold of Mia.

OOC: Half - Stand. Half - Grapple Attempt; I think I'm close enough to grab Mia.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Finally..." Johan breaths out as he gets the frequency just right. By the time Loco's message has come through, he isn't so relieved.
"Michelle... Loco, who is seriously hurt himself, just said that Ghost has killed Monica, and Vincent is buried beneath rocks, if he is even alive. We need excavation equipment on site ASAP to get him out of there."

Agamon

Adventurer
"Wow, that's come device you have," Sanjay says. "Let's finish this guy and get out of here before they get any help." He focuses his power on the other guard trying to create an easier shot for once more.

Transformation on the armor once again.

Mimic

First Post
Calinon said:
The facility doctor also told me that Neutron has been flown ahead to an SAP medical facility in Brazilia."

What? He has been moved? Why wasn't I informed before this?

<ooc: any reason not to believe this?>

Dalamar said:
"Michelle... Loco, who is seriously hurt himself, just said that Ghost has killed Monica, and Vincent is buried beneath rocks, if he is even alive. We need excavation equipment on site ASAP to get him out of there."

A look of shock passes across Michelle's face, Monica is dead... Oh my God... Snap out of it girl, she knew the risks, Vince is still alive, snap out of it or you will have two deaths on your hands. It only takes a second for those thoughts to cross her mind. You, she says looking at Pavo, we have tw... one man trapped under ground, we are going to have to have digging equipment and men to help get him out. She tells him in her most commanding tone, the look on her face indicates that 'no' is not an option.

Taking a 180, she starts to walk swiftly back towards Johan speaking into the communicator to him as well. "Can you get a location from Loco also get everyone who can move up and ready to go. The clock is ticking I don't want to lose anyone else."

Calinon

First Post
The SAP Research Facility
OOC: The communicators are default to open coms, not private ones, just an FYI. So all team members at the facility have been listening in, and continue to.

Straightjacket
Just as you are hoping the others can handle the situation, you hear Johan's explanation to Michelle over your earpiece.

Michelle
OOC: You have no reason to mistrust Pavo's information at all and he seems quite truthful.

"I don't know why you weren't informed," Pavo says. "I only just learned myself, and I'm supposed to be your lia..."

You interrupt him with your demand and he pales somewhat. "I... we have an old tractor with a rear bucket and a plow and dump truck for clearing off small slides in the maintenance hold," he stammers. "But I don't know how we could possibly get it off site in any decent time frame, especially if where we are going is not along the road. Where do you need equipment moved?"

Johan
You have a general area based on the tracking system in the van, but no pinpointed location. The signal is slightly distorted, likely from mineral deposits and high cliff walls throughout the mountains.

Loki
You too hear the information that Monica is dead as Ms. Price disappears around the corner.

In a Secret SAP Lab, Same Facility
Neutron

With the guard quickly advancing on you, you blast at him again. Your beam seems to have a little more oomph to it.

Attack roll (Neutron): 19 hits (-8 to armor)

The guard's armor fares no better than his partners, and Vida is quick to take advantage of the situation, blasting into the already dazed guard with her hand device. He is blasted back, sliding down the hall before coming to a rest thirty feet away, unconcsious or worse.

"Not legal," Vida grins, wiggling her fingers and rattling the device. With her other hand, she pulls out her keycard again and hurries down the hall. You are able to move without help now. Glancing back, you see the other door glowing slightly, a large white-hot circle forming in its center.

You hear Vida curse from ahead as she swipes her card repeatedly. The elevator doors aren't opening.

Condition Summary
Neutron 12 (2L, Anaconda infected (variant)), Vida 12 (1HP, Anaconda infected (variant))

In A Cave System Outside Mai Pai, China
X12 jumps up and tries to grab Mia.

Attack roll (X12): 18 misses

Mia straight arms him, stopping his advance with a push to his face before hitting him so hard in the chest with the same hand that you feel your ribs shatter from the impact moments before you collapse.

OOC: Mia spends a VP to get the strike ability for 1 round.

Attack roll (Mia): Natural 20 (critical hit)
Damage save (X12) [DC30]: 16 fails (1L, disabled)

Constitution check to recover for next round (DC20): 18 fails (You can spend a HP to re-roll this as it happens on the next turn)

Amazon is up as X12 continues to be the freaking whipping boy of the group.

Initiative and Condition Summary
Mia Toan 28 (2VP, 2L, 1S), Amazon 21 (1HP, 3L, 1S, fatigued), Jackal 14 (OK), X12 14 (1L, disabled), Li 8 (1HP), Xi 7 (1L)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads