• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Epic Problem : Return to Power

Avalon®

First Post
"Very well then, we shall depart. Ijazim, if you please."

Before they venture off to their destination, Xis turns to Galidor. "For posterity's sake, I would like to tell you again, Galidor, that I AM NOT A GOBLIN! I am a kobold, a proud member of the species that was spawned from the draconian race of dragons. Remember that next time."

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Galidor shrugs "You're short and non-human, that's all that matters to me." With that, he glares one last time at Ijazim, then turns, handing something to the priestess before dissapearing. (OOC: no spell, just divine power)

Meanwhile, Ijazim suggests that you depart the streets to somewhere less public before he imparts the "Wisdom of the Lady" upon you.

Once you are back in his room, he relays 'basically' the following, as wisdom handed down from the Void :
"Master and Apprentice travel together across the country of Lyrevan, searching for the great dragon's lair. The Warrior has attacked Islo, capital of Lyrevan, though whether he has won or lost is unknown... The Seeker travels the Great Desert to the south, seeking the Child of the Sun. The Heartborn has gone to the great Barbarian Empire to the north, looking to destroy the Druids council, and the Dragon's Disciple is dead.
Once finished, he informs you that he believes it would be best not to travel to this 'Lyrevan', as it currently holds 3 of these beings.. In fact, he suggests finding more of these special 'artifacts' or "Anchor points" that Galidor was mumblign about.. If they're true, they could be important.

[sblock=OOC]
Sry I took so long, been having an 'out of it' week, and didn't feel like dealing with Epic. I'm back now, and will be NPCing Ijazim till he returns. Prepare for DM intervention! muahaha!!! *hack hack cough cough* er.. hi.*
Also, sorry for the trying to 'railroad' you guys away from Lyrevan, but I've allready advanced the good group 3 days into the future, and that's where THEY are.. and I'd rather not create Continuity Errors (I should've taken that into account previously).
That said, if you REALLY want to go there, I DO have a way to deal with it.
[/sblock]

Avalon®

First Post
"So where do we go? Ijazim has said his piece. What say you? Shall we go and confront the Seeker in the Great Desert or the Heartborn in the barbarians to the North? Or would you rather decide that we should rather seek these so-called anchor points such as the one that reincarnated the Galidor?"

Voidrazor

First Post
"I would hazard that the Seeker in the desert will be the easiest to find. And clearly, the seals will remain in peril so long as the Seven live. Guarding one seal, even if we find another, could be of little avail." Panarchus seems to take on a glimmer of Jool's eagerness. "Are there any preparations that need be made? If not, let us depart."

Last edited:

Avalon®

First Post
"I would suggest that we should learn more about the Seeker before we confront him. We do not want to have another fight like the one earlier with Galidor and the Disciple. Aside from that, we used our best magiks on the disciple and even that barely fazed her. We should rest for at least a day and come forward better prepared."

Nephtys

First Post
Sitting on the stuffed chair beside the fireplace Ijazim pours himself, and only himself, a glass of brandy. Sipping the fine liquor he listens to the agonizingly slow deliberations of his companions, smirking slightly.
Funny, he thinks to himself, how beings of such power, such paragons of wisdom and wit, one of them even making spurious claims to godhood, all had to be led by the hand like children. Not that their thoughts lacked merit, certainly he too would have to rest and prepare. Panarchus could not be allowed to humiliate him again. The seeker was a lesser concern, at least they would have him outnumbered, but against Panarchus he would stand alone and he was well aware he was the weaker of the two. Perhaps it would be better to proceed by himself, without having to drag such dangerous luggage around. And yet a group offered some protection, if only by false deterrence, and sometimes it was preferrable to keep your enemies close.
"Well then," he tosses the empty glass in the fire, "let us sleep. I'm sure Panarchus and Gallador would like some private time together, but the rest of us would do well to stay close. Our enemies can appear at any time, and though we can take some precautions we are at our most vulnerable when we rest. There are no spells to foil Discern Location, as you well know. If you lack acces to any serious form of magical refuge you may as well rent yourself some rooms here. I would expect..."
Interrupted by the sound of a fireball exploding below he twitches nervously, then sneers. Miranel, dear, your timing could have been better, he thinks unfairly.

Voidrazor

First Post
Heading to the door to investigate the explosive sound below, Panarchus replies. "I have shown extraordinary restraint with you Ijazim. You are unwise to test it further. But I have no objection to remaining in the city overnight."

(OOC: Does Mage’s Magnificent Mansion work, given the planar restrictions of your game?)

Jemal

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
Yes, Mord's Mansion will work. it creates a sub-plane, instead of transporting you to a pre-existing plane. I believe I also allowed Portable Holes and BAGS of Holding on similar principles.. On another note, will be doing an actual Update to my Epic Games within a few more days! woo![/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Down below, Miranel still faces off with the barkeep. "Very well. Dispel your fog and let her go, and I'll drop my spell and let you in. If you really can kill her or me so easily, you know I have to do as you say or my daughter's life is forfeit, but I'll not trust you to keep your word until I can see for myself that my daughter will be safe. Otherwise, I will avenge her death with yours, as will all my brethern.."

[sblock=ooc]
Not much else I can update righ tnow, there's no NPC's with the rest of the party at the moment, you're all in RP mode and away from outside influences.[/sblock]

Nephtys

First Post
Jemal said:
Down below, Miranel still faces off with the barkeep. "Very well. Dispel your fog and let her go, and I'll drop my spell and let you in. If you really can kill her or me so easily, you know I have to do as you say or my daughter's life is forfeit, but I'll not trust you to keep your word until I can see for myself that my daughter will be safe. Otherwise, I will avenge her death with yours, as will all my brethern.."

[sblock=ooc]
Not much else I can update righ tnow, there's no NPC's with the rest of the party at the moment, you're all in RP mode and away from outside influences.[/sblock]

ooc: Ok, we'll rewind Miranel a little. ;) That fireball never went off.

"Trust again? Very well mortal, even if you betray me now I will still return and take my vengeance. Drop your spell and make no attempt to resist me." the fog vanishes and Miranel dives towards the innkeeper and takes posession of him once again.

--
Ijazim casts a Miracle to replicate a Magnificent Mansion in his room and goes to sleep, haunted by the usual erotic nightmares.

ooc:
New spell-list coming up, if he lives to see the new day (The lack of Mindblank really makes me :uhoh: .)

Remove ads