• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Epic] Scions of the Endless Falls

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
OOC: I won't, Isida-sama. Must wait if others had such low save rolls too. :) And I was going to try and , with My plan and Kelleris's PC work, to sway the Atropal to our side. I think that Arion and Rhaveon have biggest chances of surviwing it. Three Banshee's Wails ! Wow, that was tough ... :p

Wrahn

First Post
(OOC- Forgive me, but I am assuming this is a dispel check from some epic spell that effects magic items as well as spells on our person. If it is a disjoining effect, our items would get their will saves as opposed to the caster level checks. Anyway taking you at what was written all of Rahveon's equipment fails. (note: The fetishes are in his haversack and are thus protected, but inaccessable at the moment (the Haversack being supressed)) With his amulet of Spirit Warding being supressed, he actually has to make the saves (which without magic is + 32) 42, 42, 36 success.)

Rahveon roars as the life ending wails rolls over him, failing to effect him. His life spark survived the destruction of his world, he would not fall to these magics.

The world speeds up around him, Retribution becomes heavier, clumsier in his hands This is bad, battling these things without magic is going to be next to impossible, I am not sure that the others are going survive long under the onslaught without their magics to protect them.

He watches Sindol crumple under the death wail and check the others to see if any of the rest of them survive.

(ooc- initiative 17 Holding to intercept anything that is trying to attack his comrades.)

Ferrix

Explorer
OOC: Isida, how long since our githyanki friends left? I had a number of powers going and just want to know how much to shorten their durations. Then I'll do all the nasty rolling and stuff later when I've got a touch more time.

Rikandur Azebol

First Post
OOC: Thumbs up ! Big elefant is intact. :D Now he should strangle chichimecs ... they're alive after all. And cutting them to ribbons wouldn't do anything for they are regenerating bas*****. What would You say Wrahn ?
And I still claim that all Ter'sat needs is warm hug and all would be dandy-candy. :lol:
Otherwise angered psions would make short work of it, poor baby ... stillborn and unwated ... but with such attiude You don't get friends too often. :]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
OOC - Not an epic spell, just a Greater dispel magic. And it's been as long as a normal conversation, say maybe five minutes or less, since the githyanki left.

Kelleris

Explorer
wails of the banshee (1d20=4, 1d20=15, 1d20=16)

Arion slumps over his unsheathed blade, quite dead, despite a surge of hastily-summoned energy from Akumunaga.

OOC - Cast ruin delver's fortune, in an effort to recover from that 4, but I'm still a point short. Woo. How did these guys manage 3 wails of the banshee and a targeted dispel magic on us and all of our gear without us noticing? Greater dispel magic only affects all spells on one person, one spell on a group of people, or one magical item with one casting. Spellcraft (1d20+39=43).

EDIT: Sorry, dead by 4 points - forgot to take off my +6 enhancement to Con.

Zack2216

First Post
Su'ryuu, Half red dragon Wilder

OOC:
Fort #1 29
Fort #2 27
Fort #3 27
Guess the rolls weren't with me today. 2 3's in a row, ouch. Also, looks like none of my equipment can survive the dispel, thought I still have Inertial armor, sadism and vigor going, caster levels 35 (46 to dispel I believe) and 28 (39 to dispel) (assuming he has to make the dc 11+caster/manifester level to dispel the buffs). However, dead none the less.

Ferrix

Explorer
Sigrún (ac59, hp271/271, tHP 175/175, pp679/837)

Sigrún glares up into the sky, then notes that the newly arrived elf, Sindol keels over alongside Arion and Su'ryuu from the wails of the chichemics, a pity really, they got along so well. He manifests a quickened schism (5pp), a moment later a quartet of glistening crystal shards streak from the Architect's outstretched hand and darts towards the Atropol.

OOC: How high are all of them compared to the ground? My constructs have a vertical reach of 65 ft, and they'll tear into anything that passes by.

Quickened Schism, Refocus Move Action, Schism'd Mind Manifests
Twinned Empowered Crystal Shard (25pp), Refocus Free Action, Twinned Empowered Crystal Shard (31pp), Refocus Hustle Move Action.

Schismed Twinned Empowered Crystal Shard, attack & damage rolls: ranged touch atks +23, dmg 50d6 each; (atk 27, dmg 178), (atk 34, dmg 143)
Normal Twinned Empowered Crystal Shard, attack & damage rolls: ranged touch atks +23, dmg 62d6 each; (atk 25, dmg 224), (atk 28, dmg 199)

All of my spells remain in effect, as their manifester level is 31, so the dc to overcome is 42.

Deathward protects me against the Wails.

Final Active Powers: Inertial Armor (31 hours), Overland Flight (31 hours), Mind Blank (1 day), Energy Conversion (305 min.), Detect Hostile Intent (305 min.), Etherealness (25 min.), Power Resistance (25 min.), Vigor (25 min.), True Metabolism (25 min.), Defensive Precognition (25 min.)
Innate Powers: Detect Psionics, Psionic Darkvision, Detect Remote Viewing, Psionic Tongues
Item Effects: Touchsight, True Seeing, Deathward, Freedom of Movement, Hustle, Adaptation

6 Constructs still around for another 25 min, all at full due to Fast Healing 10, and not being living creatures.

[sblock]15th-level Astral Construct, 6 constructs
Gargantuan Construct
Hit Dice: 36d10+60 (420hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 60 ft.
Armor Class: 65 (+39 natural, +20 Deflection, -4 size), touch 26, flat-footed 25
Base Attack/Grapple: +28/+74
Attack: Slam +54 melee (4d8+30)
Full Attack: 2 slams +54 melee (4d8+30), 2 slams +52 melee (4d8+30)
Space/Reach: 20 ft./20 ft.
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: One ability from Menu F, construct traits, damage reduction
15/-, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision
Saves: Fort +12, Refl +12, Will +12
Abilities: Str 71, Dex 11, Con -, Int -, Wis 11, Cha 10
Skills: -
Feats: -

Abilities:
B
-Improved Grab
-Extra Arms
C
-Blindsight (60 ft.)
-Constrict (deals slam damage on a successful grapple check)
D
-Vampiric Attack (heals 1/2 back)
-Toughest (10 hp/HD)
E
-Energy Adaptation (Energy Res. 30)
-Superior Fast Healing (fh 10)
F's
-Draining Strike (1d4 negative levels)
-Reddopsi (constant)
-True Deflection (+20 deflection bonus)[/sblock]

Kelleris

Explorer
Arion - hp 312; AC 46, Melee 53; Fort +39/Ref +36/Will +24; Slots: 3/4/3/5/4/4/4

Atropal Fight Initiative (1d20+9=28)

Satisfied that everyone thinks him dead, Arion takes a moment (well, more of an instant) to vanish, not seeing a point to risking himself when the psion seems quite capable of managing things himself. Especially since his brute squad is still around.

After a moment's reflection, Arion leaps to the highest point he can reach in one round, and prepares to the deathblow to Ter'sat when it becomes necessary. (Move 50, Jump Check (1d20+81=92))

Spells in Effect: animate objects (on surrounding terrain), heroism, freedom of movement, glibness, glittering razors, misdirection (reads as a tree stump), Nystul's undetectable aura (on Akumunaga, the Serpent’s Nightmare, boots of springing, striding, and haste, charm of the Mugenaga clan, cloak of defense, greater bracers of throwing, greater luck stone, lesser crown of mastery, metamagic rod of disguise spell, ring of regeneration, sacred scrolls of the Mugenaga clan, devil’s own luck, lightning hands, perfected chakras, personal pocket dimension, protector’s instinct, predator’s instinct, and unchained soul), tongues, undetectable alignment, unseen servant, and zone of silence.

DM Isida: [sblock] I've been meaning to ask you. Do you mind if I fill my empty nonepic feat slot with a feat from Lords of Madness, called Darkstalker? Here's the description:

Darkstalker
You have learned how to stalk and surprise creatures whose senses are very different from those of a humanoid.
Benefit: When you hide, creatures with blindsense, blindsight, scent, or tremorsense must make a Listen check or a Spot check (whichever DC is higher) to notice you, just as a sighted creature would make Spot checks to detect you. You cannot hide in plain sight unless you have that ability as a class feature. In addition, you can flank creatures that have the all-around vision special quality.
Normal: Creatures with these senses do not need to make Spot or Listen checks to notice other creatures within range. Creatures with all-around vision can't be flanked.

Kind of an odd time to ask, I know, but it just became relevant, since every last one of our enemies has blindsight. 500... foot... blindsight.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads