EPIC5-1 Plaguewrought Prism (Free L27 Adventure)

keterys

First Post
EPIC5-1 Plaguewrought Prism is available for download on livingforgottenrealms.com!

It is highly suggested that players experience EPIC4-3 (and the rest of the series!) before playing this adventure.

EPIC5-1 Plaguewrought Prism by Dan Anderson, Lori Anderson, Keith Richmond
When faced with a threat that even the gods fear, the powers of Faerun turn to you. Unfortunately, there is far too much to do with what little time remains. You have only split seconds to prevent the coming apocalypse. A three-round Living Forgotten Realms Epic Campaign adventure for 27th-level characters. This adventure is a direct sequel to EPIC4-3 Dark Hearts of Madness.

This is the seventh in a series of free adventures:
EPIC3-1 The Glorious Hunt
EPIC3-2 Cracks in the Crimson Cage
EPIC3-3 Tangled Skein of Destiny
EPIC4-1 Shooting the Moon
EPIC4-2 Age of Ruin
EPIC4-3 Dark Hearts of Madness

As always, I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have about the adventure. I encourage folks to use it even outside of LFR as a mine for ideas, encounters, stat blocks, or whatever. We do a lot of new and interesting things in every epic and it's a free download, so pillage away and have some fun.

The following preview from the introduction shows some of the craziness in store in this adventure:

The WeavePasha says, “The Hungering Dark, a threat to all of Creation, has just emerged in the Vilhon Wilds. The time for planning has passed, and we must now turn to you for action. Still, let us go over the plan one more time, for sanity’s sake.”

Taliss Muirwood speaks, “The Hungering Dark cannot be destroyed. It adapts to any threat. However, it has not yet encountered Spellplague energy. Even if it had, the very nature of the energy constantly changes. It is the perfect weapon to use against the abomination.”
“The Plaguewrought Lands, the largest known plagueland, are the closest and best source. We have devised a ritual to gather and focus that energy in vast amounts, so it can be channeled at the Hungering Dark as a weapon.”

The WeavePasha adds, “Doing so will require a focusing lens of immense power. I have obtained a means of summoning the fabled Pandemonium Stone. Using it, the Hungering Dark can be weakened.”

Coronal Ilsevele Miritar stands. “Once weakened, it should be possible to imprison it long enough to cast it back into Carceri. Thankfully, we have a perfect prison already: the Calimemnon Crystal.”

“It will be necessary to first empower the Crystal with life force. The best life forces available being those we originally designed it to contain, Calim and Memnon’s.” The coronal sits, gesturing to Tyrangal to continue.

Tyrangal shakes her head, as if distracted, then says, “Therefore, we need one group of champions to strike into the Plaguewrought Lands, summon the Pandemonium Stone, and perform a ritual to strike at the Hungering Dark.”

“Simultaneously, a different group needs to defeat Calim and Memnon, then bring the empowered Crystal to the Vilhon Wilds to imprison the Hungering Dark as the spellplagued energy strikes it.”

Dernan Moonbrow appears both worried and embarrassed. “We had hoped more would respond to the call, that more could accompany you. The gods have apparently already interfered too much in recent days, so we cannot count on their direct assistance. I wish I were more powerful, but I do not expect I would last more than a moment against the threats you will face. Unfortunately, with so few, it will be necessary for you to split your party.”

Last edited:

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Great stuff!

I didn't realise this adventure was going to be out this early. I'm really looking forward to reading this. The Epic LFR adventures have really been EPIC in a way the published WotC adventures were not.

keterys

First Post
Yeah, epic4-2 came out later than we'd hoped which pushed off 4-3, but 5-1 was scheduled for a convention so we made sure it came out on time regardless :)

It'll be a bit before epic5-2 comes out, but there will be 3 more adventures total (one for each level), wrapping up next year.

For a home game, I'd consider throwing in more minions in some of the early combats personally, but I may like minions more than other people.

Last edited:

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
More minions is always a good thing. :)

I love all the background material. The BBEGs seem perfectly suited to the game I am running so, while I will never run the actual adventures, I am using lots of the ideas for my own games.

Pour

First Post
I really have to applaud the authors and the LFR highest-ups for their stellar Epic support. It's one of the few Epic resources I can draw from for my own game (we're level 24).

Remove ads