• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

ErfWorld

Bacris

First Post
I've been following Erfworld since it came out - it definitely had a bit of a background hump to get over, but it's definitely getting interesting :)

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I'm reading, though I'm never really sure why. Probably cause it's in the same place as OotS which makes it convenient for me. Checking out OotS, might as well check out ErfWorld while I'm at it.

It's okay, I guess, but maybe it's the medium or something, but it seems to be going really slowly. Only a little entertaining, not particularly funny, but the art style is interesting enough to keep me reading.

SPoD

First Post
I kind of agree. It goes really slowly for a while, then skips over potentially exciting action scenes with after-the-fact narration. I'd like to see less focus on the weird sexual angle between Wanda and...well, everyone. It just seems gratuitous.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I'm missing the funny, if there even is one.

The cutesy names begin as annoying, then just become tolerated -- they do not pass through funny.

Wanda had a funny line or two, before her character became everyone's dominatrix / whore. Why does sex exist at all in a world without birth, full of marshmellow fluff monsters? And why are the characters motivated by it, since there's obviously no biological drive?

I assume there's a punchline in today's strip ("Leeeeerrrroy"), but I don't get it.

The whole thing stinks like an in-joke. Why do I read it? Because OotS updates irregularly, so I'm often both bored and at the site with nothing new to look at. Are old episodes of OotS usually more entertaining than new episodes of EW? Yes. Yes they are.

Cheers, -- N

Nonlethal Force

First Post
And that demonstrates what I don't particularily like about the comic. You have to really be up on the pop culture to get many of the jokes. Well, that and what Nifft already said.

I do read it. Typically I don't find myself laughing. However, I must admit that there was a month or two where I simply boycotted OotS. [The whole "Miko Falling" debate.] So, I quite reading OotS and started reading ErfWorld. Now that Rich is through being stupid* about Miko and actually back to telling a decent story, I'm enjoying OotS and less and less enjoying ErfWorld.

*Disclaimer: It's Rich's story, and Rich is allowed to tell whatever kind of story he likes. This is not meant to indicate my superiority over his story, just that I personally could have done without those 2-3 weeks of posting just fine (and the corresponding hate here on ENWorld during that time).

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Nifft said:
Why does sex exist at all in a world without birth, full of marshmellow fluff monsters? And why are the characters motivated by it, since there's obviously no biological drive?

Can I say "sex sells" and get it out of the way, please?

It's a fantasy world, so sex without the biological drive to reproduce can work - especially since it often works like that in our world, too, at least for humans (and, according to some people, another couple of species.)

As to whether it should be in a story with fluffy animals: They have violence and death, too. Torture. That kind of stuff.

I'm not too concerned about it, as long as the scenes aren't actually painted.

Remove ads