• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Erik Mona Has a Blog!

Erik Mona

Adventurer
All,

I recently succumbed to the combined weight of an internet fad and my own massive ego and created my very own blog. There's finally enough interesting stuff in there about D&D and some of my work on the game that I figured the time was ripe for an official public announcement.

Please drop by and let me know what you think.

http://www.superunicorn.com/erik

--Erik Mona

Steel_Wind

Legend
Also News: Erik Mona edits two international periodicals!

Erik,

Cool blog. I like the political links so far. And I suppose that's the point, isn't it?

After all - you edit two magazines and have two monthly columns and a chance to reply to letters during reader mail. For most people - this would make the whole blog thing a tad "gottem" as opposed to "needem" on the redundancy scale :D

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Steel_Wind said:
Erik,

Cool blog. I like the political links so far. And I suppose that's the point, isn't it?

After all - you edit two magazines and have two monthly columns and a chance to reply to letters during reader mail. For most people - this would make the whole blog thing a tad "gottem" as opposed to "needem" on the redundancy scale :D

Don't listen to him Eric. Don;t stop until you have your own prime time tv show.

A'koss

Explorer
I just went over to have a quick peek which turned into a good long read. Good stuff Eric. If I wasn't getting HBO as part of a package deal with my cable provider, I'd probably have cancelled it too after they dropped the only reason I watched it - Carnivale.

I also noticed that you're working on your own S&S world, care to share some tidbits? I'm in the middle of the doing the same today, perhaps you can pass on a little inspiration my way. :cool:

Cheers!

A'koss.

Renshai

First Post
Only problem is that there is no way to respond to your comments, unless you are a blogger.. which I'm not.

There could be alot of debate about your posts... but there is no venue in which to place them....

Also, there is alot of political commentary in your blog, and thats fine. But you are announcing it on a forum that is noted for the absence of political commentary. If it were an "all gaming blog", that would be different. I followed the link hoping to read about your comments on gaming and roleplaying (which I find very interesting, by the way). But when I get there and see alot of political material, its a big turn off.

Just my opinion, of course ;)

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
Nice looking blog. It's been bookmarked!

A'koss said:
I'd probably have cancelled it too after they dropped the only reason I watched it - Carnivale.

Ah, but there is still Six Feet Under and Sopranos.

Destan

Citizen of Val Hor
You're a good writer, Erik. Very interesting site.

Can't say I agree with some of your non-D&D views, seeing as how I've been "over there" and have seen firsthand how kind, open-hearted, and truly generous many, many Americans (and Brits, and Poles) are to folks less fortune than themselves (Afghans and otherwise).

But, at least I agree with you on the Diet Dr. Pepper addiction. Er, actually, maybe not. I've kicked it over to Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. Makes me thirsty just typing it.

Anyway, it's gotta be refreshing to have a venue in which you can actually speak your mind without worrying about political correctness, sales, grandmothers, etc.

Happy gaming!

Fat D

Last edited:

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Dude, the Ethergaunts totally win.

The Far Realm? The Shadow Plane? Pheh and bah. It's a cakewalk to make something interesting out of those planes, since those planes are inherently dramatic sites.

But creating an ancient community literally out of the aether? And the masks?! I mean, WOW! The only objection I have is that they're color-based like the slaadi, but that's easy enough to work around/accept/change.

Ethergaunts are *totally* more awesome.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads