a5e.tools Errata & A5E.tools

noodohs

Explorer
Possibly errata? The Spy and Spymaster both have shortswords, but on their stat blocks, they do piercing damage. The shortsword does slashing damage in A5e rather than the piercing damage it did in O5e, so it doesn't make a lot of sense for it to randomly do a different type of damage on these stat blocks. Or it may be that the shortsword should be updated to do piercing damage like it does in other editions, not sure what the intent was here but it seems like they ought to be consistent. There may be other monster stat blocks that have the same problem.

xiphumor

Legend
There’s a contradiction in the weapon properties of the Kusarigama.

Kusarigama (Japanese, 10 gold). This is a sickle on a chain. It uses the statistics of a sickle that weighs 5 pounds and has the dual-wielding, parrying immunity, reach (10 ft.), and two-handed properties.
You can’t have both the dual-wielding and the two-handed properties. It seems the latter property was the mistake. The Double Weapon has a similar problem.

Last edited:

thuter

Explorer
There’s a contradiction in the weapon properties of the Kusarigama.

You can’t have both the dual-wielding and the two-handed properties. It seems the latter property was the mistake. The Double Weapon has a similar problem.
The day this gets fixed is a sad day for small Queen Bee Berserkers, as it's the only weapon they can use to get brutal criticals with, without making the weapon heavy and thus getting disadvantage on all attacks :p (If you don't use the unofficial rule that got approved by the writer but is not yet in official errata.)

xiphumor

Legend
The day this gets fixed is a sad day for small Queen Bee Berserkers, as it's the only weapon they can use to get brutal criticals with, without making the weapon heavy and thus getting disadvantage on all attacks :p (If you don't use the unofficial rule that got approved by the writer but is not yet in official errata.)
What is said unofficial rule?

Brian D

Villager
I just wanted to say my players love the A5E.tools site and prefer using this resource over books during play. We're new to the system and the layout facilitates quick rules look ups. Thanks!

On the Designing Monsters page, there is a language error. Here is what it currently states:

AREA ATTACKS​

A hellhound’s breath, a cleric’s blade barrier, and a balor’s aura are area effects that can affect multiple opponents. If a monster can use an area attack every turn, reduce the damage it deals by about 70% compared to a normal attack.

Here is what it should state:

AREA ATTACKS​

A hellhound’s breath, a cleric’s blade barrier, and a balor’s aura are area effects that can affect multiple opponents. If a monster can use an area attack every turn, reduce the damage it deals to about 70% compared to a normal attack.

steels12

Explorer
Hey all, super quick question: There's a discrepancy between the book (both pdf and the physical copy) and a5e.tools, but but no mention of it in the errata. I'm not sure how to check if I have the most recent version of the books, or where to download it. Was hoping to get an official ruling here, since my party's Barb specifically took the feat thinking it was the website version

Spellbreaker (AG p. 394)
You have learned specialized techniques to fight against magic users more effectively. You gain the following benefits.
  • You gain proficiency with the Purge Magic maneuver and do not have to spend exertion to activate it.
  • When a creature concentrating on a spell is damaged by you, it has disadvantage on its concentration check to maintain the spell it is concentrating on.
  • You have advantage on saving throws made against spells cast within 30 feet of you

Spellbreaker
(A5E.tools)
You are a terrifying foe to enemy spellcasters.
  • You gain proficiency with the Purge Magic maneuver and do not have to spend exertion to activate it.
  • Targets forced to make concentration checks as a result of damage you deal suffer disadvantage .
  • You gain magic resistance against all spells cast within 30 feet of you.
1698040447341.png

Personally I'm in favor of the AG wording, as it sounds a little insane to me that a feat can just, as I understand the wording, just make you take half damage from essentially all spellcasters that don't get the jump on you.

Hey all, super quick question: There's a discrepancy between the book (both pdf and the physical copy) and a5e.tools, but but no mention of it in the errata. I'm not sure how to check if I have the most recent version of the books, or where to download it. Was hoping to get an official ruling here, since my party's Barb specifically took the feat thinking it was the website version

Spellbreaker (AG p. 394)
You have learned specialized techniques to fight against magic users more effectively. You gain the following benefits.
  • When a creature concentrating on a spell is damaged by you, it has disadvantage on its concentration check to maintain the spell it is concentrating on.
  • You have advantage on saving throws made against spells cast within 30 feet of you

Spellbreaker (A5E.tools)
You are a terrifying foe to enemy spellcasters.
  • Targets forced to make concentration checks as a result of damage you deal suffer disadvantage .
  • You gain magic resistance against all spells cast within 30 feet of you.
View attachment 314458

Personally I'm in favor of the AG wording, as it sounds a little insane to me that a feat can just, as I understand the wording, just make you take half damage from essentially all spellcasters that don't get the jump on you.
i'm pretty sure when the a5e.tools website says "magic resistance", it doesn't mean "resistance to magic damage", but rather is referring to the monster trait of magic resistance, which literally is just advantage on saving throws against magic (i.e. the exact same thing as what the AG says).

that said, it's a very bizarre phrasing difference that clearly only serves to confuse - for that reason alone i think it should be changed to match the AG.

Remove ads