• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Error with CB or Player? Help with math

Thatwackyned

First Post
Please check the char sheet attached. Twin Strike and Attack on The Run look like they are missing +5 to Attack. Attack on The Run also looks like it's missing +5 to Damage.

Am I missing something or is the CB off?

Thank you

Attachments

• umbada (3).pdf
    5.5 MB · Views: 76

MrMyth

First Post
Definitely seems off. My guess is that it is applying Dex instead of Str (having gotten confused since those powers each have the option of being Str-based melee or Dex-based ranged attacks.) For some reason, it decided to make them Dex-based melee attacks. Probably worth submitting a bug report.

Had they gotten around to adding a math breakdown in the online CB? That might let you take a closer look and see if that is indeed why the numbers are off.

Drakhar

First Post
Ok I'm seeing 11 from Str and half level, +2 from Enhancement and +1 from Heavy Blade Expertise and 3 from proficiency for a total of +17 to attacks, and then Damage is 6 from str, 2 from enhancement, 2 from Iron Armbands and +1 from weapon focus for +11. So yes it does look like they're using dex instead of strength for those attacks.

Now for a counter question. Starlight Goggles are for what exactly? Half-Orcs have Low-Light already

Thatwackyned

First Post
Ok I'm seeing 11 from Str and half level, +2 from Enhancement and +1 from Heavy Blade Expertise and 3 from proficiency for a total of +17 to attacks, and then Damage is 6 from str, 2 from enhancement, 2 from Iron Armbands and +1 from weapon focus for +11. So yes it does look like they're using dex instead of strength for those attacks.

Now for a counter question. Starlight Goggles are for what exactly? Half-Orcs have Low-Light already

For looking awesome. No I missed that completely. Thank you.

boolean

Explorer
It's the Farbond Spellblade Bastard Sword that's causing the problem. It's somehow adding the heavy thrown property to your primary weapon, and the builder is calculating the result for those powers as if you were making a ranged attack (using Dex).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads