D&D 5E Escape the Underdark, Fear the Madness, and get Out of the Abyss - IC

EarlyBird

Explorer
Derendil nods at Thia thinking of the surface. And Ront just grunts something that sounds like "the sun" to anyone close enough to hear.

NPC_Eldeth.jpg "Darklake do be east of Gauntlgrym. Let us hope we do be on the near side and not the far, then we not be need'n ta cross the water."

NPC_Buppido.jpg "Only way to know. Is to go," Buppido pipes up cheerfully. "And be looking out for any junctions that may give us a better clue as to where in the Underdark we are."

With that the derro starts investigating the walls of the tunnel, working his way towards Darklake slowly. Stool only watches from where it stands. It doesn't appear to understand the conversation, but is following like a youngster would. Confidante the "grown-ups" will make the right decisions.

OOC: I will advance the group to Darklake. Even though I don't have a consensus, I can retcon the post if the group decides on some other course.

TallIan

Explorer
Fistan

"A huge trading hub sounds like a good place for us to go. We might not find help, but I think we're less likely to find open hostility. Trade doesn't work well if you attack everyone you see."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]AC: 13 (DEX) or 16 (Mage armour)
HP: 27 HD: 4/4

Offense:Eldritch blast: +5 120ft 1d10+3F
Tentacle Rod: 3 attacks: +9 15ft 1d6B if all three hit same target make a DC15 CON save: 1/2 move; disadv on DEX saves, no reactions, only action OR bonus action for 1 min save each turn

Spells:
Cantrips: frostbite, prestidigitation; light, mage hand, spare the dying; magic stones; Eldritch Blast, Friends
0/1 Level 1: Mage armour
1/2 level 2: dissonant whispers, arms of hadar, phantasmal force, mirror image, mind spike
Rituals: Detect Magic, Ceremony[/SBLOCK]

EarlyBird

Explorer
Mushroom_forest_2.jpg

The tunnel is wide and well worked so travel the rest of the day, is easy on the group. By the time they are ready to call it a day they enter a marvelous and huge mushroom forest. Florescent fungus lights different areas and huge zurkhwood tree-sized mushrooms stand throughout surround by groups of various other fungus.

OOC:
Day 7
Drow Pursuit: 2 (0 = you lost them, 5 = they caught up to you)
Food/Water Reserves: Need 10lbs/10gallons per day
- food unlimited
- water unlimited
Starvation: have found food in abundance

Traveling through the forest the whole time on the seventh day since your escape, the groups spirits raise a bit. Besides plenty of food and water the way is nearly flat and lit, making their journey a bit less tiring than all the climbing and backtracking of the caves before. Stool seems less timid in this area that he says is so much like is home, and he explores everywhere looking for myconids like himself.

The_Darklake.png

At the end of the day the group reaches the edge of Darklake. And they realize they may need a boat.

OOC: Currently end of day 7. Group getting ready to bed down, and may need to discuss how to travel the Darklake. Or you can try going around (not recommended but possible). And someone can go fishing in the morning.

hero4hire

Explorer
"Alrighty! Aint it purty?" Kildrak said gazing at the dark waters. "Thar be ways I think to navigate by walkin' but that will only take us so far...Then it may be we will hafta do some divin' and swimmin'...BUT iffin we make us some rafts it could save us some travellin' time and we be shur ta ditch them dark elves! Both ways be dangerous in thar own way. I am leanin towards fashonin' some rafts."

hero4hire

Explorer
"Yew betcha!" Kildrak said with a bit of excitement. "Iffin we hollow a cap out and then let it smoke over a very low fire...It should toughen it up! Old Svirfneblin trick!" He looked to the Deep Gnome with a wink.

Ooc:
Survival check? _: 1D20+3 = [15]+3 = 18

FitzTheRuke

Legend
"That ought to work," agreed Grudach, "And some of those tall woody ones have stalks that would make for good poles. Paddles even, if we can flatten the ends with some of those heavy rocks."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases