eTool bugs, in lieu of Fluid's Boards

mattcolville

Adventurer
1) I created a 5th halfling rogue, nothing odd. His AC is off by two because it seems to think that Studded Leather's +5 Max Dex Bonus is really +3. This is incorrect.

2) Goggles of Minute Seeing aren't granting their bonus to Spot (or search or whatever it is.)

These should be easy to fix, but I don't have Access.

mattcolville

Adventurer
Ok, well it turns out I do have access and I was able to find the Studded Leather entry. Unless there's something about Access I don't understand, it shows the Max Dex correctly. So why does the character sheet say his +1 studded leather has a max dex of +3?

mattcolville

Adventurer
Ok, I opened up the Wonderous Items Bonuses group and found there was no listing for Goggles of Minute Seeing. So I added a record. Never done any of this before, first time using Access. Let's see if my halfling Rogue has the bonus right.

Will I have to recreate the character or will changes to the Access DBase automatically reflect next time I open the program or character.

mattcolville

Adventurer
Ok, the Dbase didn't automatically update, or I did it wrong. I'll try ditching the goggles and then rebuying them.

Also, it's listing the Studded Leather's Max Dex correctly. But though my rogue has +5 dex bonus, under the AC breakdown up top of the char sheet, it says "Dex Bonus +3." So is there a rule that I don't know about that won't let a halfling rogue witha 20 dex and +1 leather get all +5 of his dex bonus?

mattcolville

Adventurer
Ok, the Goggles aren't granting their bonus because, according to the DMG, it only works on. . .well things like seams, cracks, and flaws in objects. However, that doesn't explain why, when I added the bonus in access, it didn't start adding it all the time. I didn't put any restriction like the DMG one on it. Is it necessary to link the Item entry in one group with the Bonus entry in the other group?

EricNoah

Adventurer
1) I built a 5th level halfling rogue with 20 dex, equipped him with studded leather armor, and am getting all of his dex bonus -- on the stat block and both character sheet formats. 10 + 3 for armor + 5 for dex + 1 for size = 19. If you're still having a problem could you e-mail me your .chr file (minus any purchased or equipped custom items). ericnoah@charter.net

2) I don't have Access on my machine any more so I can't help you with the database stuff at the moment.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Oh, you know what, I bet you're getting a max dex limit due to encumbrance -- how much stuff is that little guy carrying?

Margaiaman

First Post
Bug

When equiping weapons there is a pull down tab that lets you select all, melee, or ranged. This feature appears to do nothing. I presume it allows one to only see the said category, yet I have found no change. (Yes I have several of both types of weapons in my list)

Mordeth

First Post
I am having trouble with magical shield and magical armor bonus stacking, a +3 shield and a +3 armor shows the AC base bonus correctly but the magic box only has 3. Anyone else seen this, it did it even with standard bought magic items.

Remove ads