D&D 5E Even if you like D&D Next, are you buying it, and how soon?

When will you actually be purchasing D&D Next?

• Immediately upon release, hands down, no questions asked.

Votes: 63 41.2%
  • Not immediately, but probably within the first 90 days of release.

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Sometime after our current campaign finishes up (3-9 months)

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I'm sure I'll get around to it (9 months +)

Votes: 24 15.7%
  • It ain't happening. Don't want it, don't need it, already have more than enough "D&D."

Votes: 32 20.9%

timASW

Banned
Banned
I deeply hate the skill dice and the current skill system. So if that remains I will never buy or run a game of the finished product. I'm trading off weeks with a 2nd DM right now though so if he wants to run it I might by PHB so I can be player in it. But I'll probably either copy off someone else, pirate it or just sit it out.

Argyle King

Legend
Things I feel I need to consider:

-Does it produce the type of game I want?
-If not, can it produce the type of game I want with add ons?
-Assuming it can produce the type of game I want with add ons, will those add-ons be available? (Currently, the things I've read seem to suggest that the particular add-ons I'd want will not even be looked at to start work on them until quite a while after the system is released.)
-How many add-ons will I need to be able to play the type of game I want, and do I feel more like I'm buying add-ons because I need to or do I feel more like I'm buying them because I want to?

As it stands, the answers I seem to have for those questions are (in order): I don't think so; possibly; not for a long time, and I have no idea.

It seems likely that I will play the game. I have enough friends who play D&D that I imagine at least one of them will buy something. It seems unlikely at this point in time that I will purchase the game. A lot could change (and I expect it will) between now and then, but my current vote is that I do not plan to purchase the game.

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Things I feel I need to consider:

-Does it produce the type of game I want?
-If not, can it produce the type of game I want with add ons?
-Assuming it can produce the type of game I want with add ons, will those add-ons be available? (Currently, the things I've read seem to suggest that the particular add-ons I'd want will not even be looked at to start work on them until quite a while after the system is released.)
-How many add-ons will I need to be able to play the type of game I want, and do I feel more like I'm buying add-ons because I need to or do I feel more like I'm buying them because I want to?

As it stands, the answers I seem to have for those questions are (in order): I don't think so; possibly; not for a long time, and I have no idea.

It seems likely that I will play the game. I have enough friends who play D&D that I imagine at least one of them will buy something. It seems unlikely at this point in time that I will purchase the game. A lot could change (and I expect it will) between now and then, but my current vote is that I do not plan to purchase the game.
This is basically where I'm at as well.

The poll lacked an option that describes this position however, so I just voted "never".

Remove ads