Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

pathfinderq1

First Post
AS the gnoll and the blind elf disappear downstairs to join the "meeting", there is a moment of quiet- but just a moment...

At first, there is the slightest sound of music, almost an echo of the gnoll's "song"- but as the sound grows louder, it also grows more discordant. In a few heartbeats, it is very loud indeed, and seems to be a clamouring storm of sound, as of nearly every instrument one might imagine. Just when the din approached a maddening howl, a voice began to weave through it, drawing the discordant notes into harmony- just as anyone sensitive to the energies of magic would have to realize that the portal that once linked the Hanged Man to a similar tavern in Bacarte was flaring to life.

The lights that swirled around the portal were wrong, though, and such a sound had never accompanied the activation of the portal- but it was working, if not quite normally. Out of the air and light stepped a woman, just over average height and athletically built, wearing bright red armor as tightly fitted as the scales of a snake under a sailor's black longcoat. A massive curved sword was slung across her back, and a heavy satchel hung from one shoulder. AS the lights and sound died around her, she turned in a slow circle, surveying the nearly empty room that had once been packed with eager adventurers. As she completed her sweep, she turned to the bartender- he could see that her eyes were pure white, though it apparently posed no hindrance to her sight. "I'm Joy, still," she said, in a voice that held more music than one might believe possible- and the bartender would have heard the same words echoing inside his head as well. "I was here just days ago, I thought," she went on. "Though I might be wrong about that..."

[sblock= OOC]
>Joy, Human (Elan) Ardent|Bard, finally checking in. Not done with full leveling up, but mini-stats should be complete (see below) [/sblock]

[sblock= “Joy”]
Human (Elan), Hybrid- Ardent|Bard, MC- Warlord
Level 8
Initiative +6/Passive Perception 20/Passive Insight 14;
HP 62 (62)/Bloodied 31/Surge value 15/Per day= 11 (0 used)
AC 24/FORT 19/REF 20/WILL 23
Speed 5/Size medium/Saves normal
STR 13 (+1)/DEX 14 (+2)/WIS 8 (-1)
CON 15 (+2)/INT 12 (+1)/CHA 21 (+5)
Melee basic: Falchion +2; +15 (AC), 2d4+9 damage and target cannot shift until end of my next turn (Intent laid bare, Ardent AW 1)

Skills: Arcana +10; Athletics +10; Bluff +14; Endurance +13; Perception +10; Streetwise +14
Racial and class abilities: Telepathy 5, Origin= Immortal; Bardic virtue (Valor, +3 tHP once/turn); Skill versatility; Ardent mantle (elation; +2 Diplomacy and Intimidate, +2 damage dealt with OAs for allies within aura 5); Psionic augmentation (+4 pp)

At-will Powers: Intent laid bare, Energizing strike, Demoralizing strike, Staggering note
Encounter powers: Shout of triumph, Ardent surge (x1), Majestic word (x1), Elan resilience, Dimension swap, Revitalizing incantation
Daily powers: Slayer’s song, Invitation to defeat, Inspiring word
Item powers: Harsh songblade (daily), Dwarven armor (daily)
>Action points: 1 left (of 1)
>Second wind: not used
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Joy_(pathfinderq1)

[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Strange as it seems, for all the oddities that are apparent, Blagrim starts whistling an odd tune and wiping down the bar. Just like old times.

OOC: Hey [MENTION=48394]pathfinderq1[/MENTION] Just seeing if you're back after the new year and if you're watching the posts in the adventure threads

FourMonos

First Post
Joy puts her hand to her head. She closes her eyes for a moment.

"Something isn't... right. Here. I mean."
Clearly Joy feels a little off right after coming through the portal.

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
Lerrick turns to the direction of the new arrival.
Hearing a familiar voice she immediately rushes to here aid. Joy...what
can I do to help.
Not waiting for a response her hands instantly
move to potions on her belt. She grabs one, pulls off the top and puts
it to Joy's mouth. Drink this...It will help.

OOC: Thanks for the invite :) I'll be checking daily from here on out.

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Joy sits down heavily on one of the dirty benches, her hand to her head. Although difficult to tell given her iris-less eyes, it appears she is having trouble focusing.

"Lerrick, the others were about to leave on a mission to find out what happened. How so much time has passed since we were all last here. I was going to go with them, but something isn't right. Can you go with them? Keep them safe?"

OOC: There you go Dimsdale, welcome aboard. Feel free to post a message in the adventure thread and we'll get going

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases