Imagine a Hogwarts analogue, wherein wizards learn their craft at a school of magic. Where that magic is ubiquitous and commonplace – brooms sweeping floors, flying carpet taxis, that sort of thing. And above all, where magic is truly wondrous, with impossible citadels and floating cities and the like.
Such a society could do great things. Great, but also terrible.
We are creating a professionally printed, 5.5” x 8.5” saddle-stitched RPG supplement targeted to 5E, but that also supports older editions and the OSR. In Evergarde, you don't just encounter Orcs or Owlbears. The Badlands corrupt all life, slowly mutating the recognizable into the repulsive. Those Orcs may shed skin like snakes; or take to the air, aided by enormous scaled wings; or climb easily, thanks to webbed hands and feet. Or perhaps all three.
The book ships with the following:
- Guidelines for character creation
- 9 Factions, each with influential NPCs and adventure prompts
- A starter adventure, including a map
- Setting information on Evergarde (the school), the Badlands, and a named location for each Faction
- An appendix of tables to spur the imagination and invite unpredictability: Magical Mayhem, Mutations, and an Adventure Generator
147 KB Views: 60