Level Up (A5E) Every Archetype in A5e AND 3PP

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Now we just need the savant back in the LUSRDs and we can start chipping away at that one too.
Unless you’re literally reprinting the class you don’t need it to be in the SRD to make archetypes for it. You are allowed to say the name of things that aren’t in a license! McDonalds, Apple, Star Wars!

xiphumor

Legend
Unless you’re literally reprinting the class you don’t need it to be in the SRD to make archetypes for it. You are allowed to say the name of things that aren’t in a license! McDonalds, Apple, Star Wars!
Even referencing the feature Motto of the Tropezaros? That sounds like it could be trademarked.

And I think that many of the designers (and myself) feel like if something isn’t in the SRD of a company that otherwise has a very generous SRD, the implied message is “please don’t touch this,” even if legally we could do otherwise. Especially when it was previously in the SRD and then removed.

Last edited:

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
Pretty much what Clarke said. I'm an "err on the side of caution" person anyway. I've also always felt like I was safest pointing to rules people could find in an SRD (in this case, the specific names of features and archetype levels).

That said, it's your game company! I can re-list Thematic Toolkit: Hazardous Knowledge today if you're cool with it @Morrus . (Though for me to pull the trigger on doing so, I will want a direct acknowledgement that doing so is fine; I'm more comfortable inferring negatives than positives.)

Last edited:

Remove ads