Everyone, Tell us about your games, please!

scadgrad

First Post
Re: Lurkers, Non-Genconners, Tell us about your games, please!

Mark said:

1.) How many players in your group?

3 players in my weekend game (w/ Cohorts & allies totaling 7 characters), 6 players in my weekday afternoon game at MFLGS (w/ 1 ally for a total of 7 characters)

2.) Do you DM?

Yep, always have. Love the world creating part & designing adventures, drawing maps, etc.

3.) Do other people in the group DM, and how many?

Nope, or at least not that I know of. One player at MFLGS does run a M&M campaign.

4.) What's the Male/Female composition of the group?

Zero women in both games. No matter how I've tried, my very creative & cool wife will have none of it. It's really a shame. I think campaigns are much more intriguing & enjoyable with a female presence

5.) Got a good gamestore near you and what is it?

Absolutely! The Game Depot in Cookeville, Tennessee and on occasion, The Game Keep in Nashville.

6.) Mainly modules or homebrew stuff?

Homebrew world with modules ranging from Necromancer (my favorite source for d20 modules hands down)to old 1E & 2nd ed stuff. Currently running S2 White Plume Mountain in one game & L3 Deep Dwarven Delve (from the collector's box) in the other.

7.) How long have you been playing and how old are you?

Playing for around 25 years and I'm a very well-preserved Grognard of 40 years.

8.) Who taught you to play?

My self. Bought the AD&D books, devoured them & just started playing.

scadgrad

First Post

Mark said:

3 players in my weekend game (w/ Cohorts & allies totaling 7 characters), 6 players in my weekday afternoon game at MFLGS (w/ 1 ally for a total of 7 characters)

2.) Do you DM?

Yep, always have. Love the world creating part & designing adventures, drawing maps, etc.

Nope, or at least not that I know of. One player at MFLGS does run a M&M campaign.

Zero women in both games. No matter how I've tried, my very creative & cool wife will have none of it. It's really a shame. I think campaigns are much more intriguing & enjoyable with a female presence

Absolutely! The Game Depot in Cookeville, Tennessee and on occasion, The Game Keep in Nashville.

Homebrew world with modules ranging from Necromancer (my favorite source for d20 modules hands down)to old 1E & 2nd ed stuff. Currently running S2 White Plume Mountain in one game & L3 Deep Dwarven Delve (from the collector's box) in the other.

Playing for around 25 years and I'm a very well-preserved Grognard of 40 years.

My self. Bought the AD&D books, devoured them & just started playing.

Pants

First Post

Mark said:

Five, counting me.

2.) Do you DM?
I am the default DM.

Three others DM, one of them fairly often, another not very often at all.

100% pale pasty male gamer.

Unless you count Borders or Barnes and Noble, then no. The closest good store is about an hours drive in Elgin, IL.

Homebrew

I'm 20 and I've been playing for about 4 years, since the last days of 2nd Edition.

Baldur's Gate. ;)
A friend of mine after that.

Silver Moon

Adventurer

Minimum of five, maximum of nine, depending on whether the four occassional players show up or not.

2.) Do you DM?
Yes, I am the group's primary DM, running about 2/3rds of the games.

Yes, all but three of the nine above have DMed at one point in time. We ran an 11-game round-robin format 20th anniversary module last year that had 6 different DM's by the time we were done.

Of the nine, we have 7 males and 2 females (although I keep trying to convince Baradtgnome to bring his wife).

Not really, there are a few comic stores within a 30 mile radius that stock gaming supplies, but nothing with a gaming focus.

Homebrew, although I frequently will use parts published modules as components.

I'm 41, and have been playing since I was 19, so 22 years.

My first DM, who was also one of the bridesmaids in my wedding.

Last edited:

Zerakon

First Post

2.) Do you DM?

Yes.

All 4 of us DM in the same campaign world, but we don't tread on each other's storyline mysteries. We each can control multiple PCs, but only one at a time, and you never control your own PC when it is your turn to DM. Two common reasons it can become necessary to roll up a new character even though you control one already: (1) the rest of the party travelled somewhere far away during your stint as DM, and (2) your one character is doing something like extensive training, research, recovery, item creation, etc. and needs to be shelved for a while.

Male-to-female ratio is infinite. One spouse of one of the players will play occasionally, shifting the ratio to 4.0 for brief periods.

Homebrew.

23 years. 33.

-- Zerakon the Game Mage

Pickaxe

Explorer
Two to seven.
2.) Do you DM?
We have several campaigns, which covers the most common combinations of players who can make it at a given time. I DM two of them.
One other person DMs.
4/3, when all are participating. One female has essentially dropped out at this point.
One decent one, Legends.
One campaign is mainly modules; it was the original campaign we set up to learn the rules. It's just me and the DM, with me running 4 characters, a classic fighter/cleric/wizard/rogue party. To give you an idea of how often we play, they are about the highest level characters we have: 5th. The other campaigns are all home-brewed.
I am 34 and first got into D&D when I was 9. I didn't like reading a lot, so I really didn't play in earnest until about 12, when I played with a friend and his brother, who already knew the rules. (This was the original Basic/Expert as well.)
The friend and his brother mentioned above.

--Axe

Mark said:

2.) Do you DM?

1.) Six to Seven
2.) Yes
3.) Yes. 2 others in different games we play, and we let players contribute a lot in the form of opinions and such.
4.) 3 male and 3 female, sometimes an extra male
5.) A new comic shop popped up in the area and its got a great RPG section.
6.) A little of both. The world is always in my personal Homebrew that we always contribute to, but we throw in stuff from modules when we find things we like.
7.) Playing for 6 years, and I'm 17.
8.) I mainly taught myself back in 2e, though it was a group effort.

:)

I'm hardly a lurker, but I'm not going to GenCon, so here's the skinny...

1.) How many players in your group? When last we played, 8. However, my main group is on a bit of hiatus right now; one couple moved away, one couple is away on a six month out of state assignment, and of the other two couples of us, the wives aren't really that interested, so probably won't keep with it. I've also played in a somewhat infrequent d20 CoC game with Quickbeam and some folks he knows -- there's 6 of us there. Or is it 7?

2.) Do you DM? As often as I can; but we have a lot of chiefs in my group and very few Indians, so we have to take turns. :D

3.) Do other people in the group DM, and how many? Almost all of us, on occasion. Probably three of us when we get back together for real.

4.) What's the Male/Female composition of the group? Four married couples, so 50/50. Will likely go down to three guys and one wife, though.

5.) Got a good gamestore near you and what is it? Underworld in Ann Arbor and Pandemonium in Garden City. Neither are particularly near me, though. At least I drive by Pandemonium on the way home from work anyway.

6.) Mainly modules or homebrew stuff? Homebrew all the way. Don't believe in modules.

7.) How long have you been playing and how old are you? Since either the late 70s or very early 80s, but I've kinda lost track. I'm 31 now.

8.) Who taught you to play? Some grade school friends. I didn't take to it right away, though -- it was later in junior high that I really finally caught on. Ironically enough, that was playing with a bunch of boneheads who turned me off from D&D specifically for years and years!

Myconid Sage

First Post
Posted by Mark
2.) Do you DM?
8.) Who taught you to play

1. 4 and 1 every so often.
2. Yes, 90% of the time.
3. 1 other.
4. 100% Guys.
5. The Source in St.Paul, MN
6. 50% mods and 50 % homebrew FR.
7. 18 years and I'm 30.
8. Myself, in the school of hard knocks;)

squirrel

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Lurkers, Non-Genconners, Tell us about your games, please!

apocalypstick said:

My LGS. The owner always looks at me like I'm going to rip him off whenever I walk through the door. I do all my purchasing online or at Media Play now.

Grr...

[hijack]

Which gaming store are you talking about? I know a couple like that in the area :(

[/hijack]

Remove ads