D&D 5E Everything aboot 5E looks boring.

n00bdragon

First Post
It's kind of frightening and kind of amusing how many "don't let the door hit you on the way out" voices there are for an edition that prides itself on being inclusive.

Sure, "D&DN is boring" isn't really constructive, but then neither is "Well I like it so your viewpoint is invalid."

It's kind of frightening and kind of amusing how many "don't let the door hit you on the way out" voices there are for an edition that prides itself on being inclusive.

Sure, "D&DN is boring" isn't really constructive, but then neither is "Well I like it so your viewpoint is invalid."

There is really little else to be done if the reasons for said boredom are not forthcoming.

Bored + why= feedback= changes=feedback= more changes.

If you don't speak up about what is boring you, the designers can't fix it.

Henry

Autoexreginated

In my experience on Internet forums, these two responses beg one another's mutual existence.

Frankly I think Exploder Wizard's responses were pretty constructive to several of the problems expressed - first, there's plenty of choice out there if the mechanics aren't grabbing someone yet, and complaining for the sake of complaining without detailed feedback, especially on an alpha test, isn't very pointed. Secondly, the option of adapting plots and adventures has always been around, and depending on simplicity of game system requires very little prep time to do.

I probably may not end up using 5E, but I respect that I'm only looking at a skeleton right now.

Ichneumon

First Post
We got the sentiment for free. Does getting the content require a coin to be inserted?

I would love a D&D Next that excites us both, but if you don't elaborate, it won't happen.

triqui

Adventurer

I didn't say his point is invalid. I said this game is not his cup of tea, so he should play any other, not that his taste for any other isn't valid.

In the past, we (as a community) tried to convince "the other side" that they were wrong not liking "our" edition of choice. We've learned.

So now, when we see such unconstructive stuff as "DDN is boring", we realize that it's either:
a) a troll attempt to start a flame war
b) a honest expresion of a diferent taste for rpg playstyle.

I don't want to deal with trolls, and I'm not going to try to convince him that his tastes are "wrong" and he "should have fun" with the edition becouse I do. So, in any case, I'd rather have the OP to close the door gently when he leaves.

BobTheNob

First Post
I didn't say his point is invalid. I said this game is not his cup of tea, so he should play any other, not that his taste for any other isn't valid.

In the past, we (as a community) tried to convince "the other side" that they were wrong not liking "our" edition of choice. We've learned.

So now, when we see such unconstructive stuff as "DDN is boring", we realize that it's either:
a) a troll attempt to start a flame war
b) a honest expresion of a diferent taste for rpg playstyle.

I don't want to deal with trolls, and I'm not going to try to convince him that his tastes are "wrong" and he "should have fun" with the edition becouse I do. So, in any case, I'd rather have the OP to close the door gently when he leaves.

Damn if you do, damned if you dont. I think your dead right, but apparently others dont.

At the end of the day, this is a bad thread. So many people forget that a Forum is a medium intended for open discussion. The GOOD threads remember this and are raised in order to stimulate discussion. The BAD threads are like this one...just spouting opinion in a negative manner with the only potential discussion turning dark.

Dont stress, this thread was bound to create poor discussion because it was a poor thread.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
You can still buy one today. I have one on the shelf that isn't going anywhere.

I don't want the books. I really like the ease of having copy-pastable material at my fingertips. I know it sounds like I'm complaining, but I'm willing to deal with the decisions I've made. It's just that the "they can't take away your books" thing is no longer a valid argument for some of us if they pull the plug on DDi. I hope like tlantl that they do keep support rolling, but I also keep hoping to win the lottery.

Do what everyone does, convert adventures you like to your system of choice.

Done that. Not happy with the results. It takes alot of work to move from the assumptions and style of pre-4E to those of 4E to create something I'm happy with. Time I wish I had. I've done it successfully for one-shots, but a full campaign proved to be too much.

triqui

Adventurer
I don't want the books. I really like the ease of having copy-pastable material at my fingertips. I know it sounds like I'm complaining, but I'm willing to deal with the decisions I've made. It's just that the "they can't take away your books" thing is no longer a valid argument for some of us if they pull the plug on DDi. I hope like tlantl that they do keep support rolling, but I also keep hoping to win the lottery.
They should really sell the PDF. That will cover your bases.

Yora

Legend
Though it was completely forseeable when DDI was introduced, that this was a real possibility that is almost guaranteed to happen at some point. Not saying that they made this clear enough to anyone who hopped on the train, but I think most people should always have been aware of this.

Though it was completely forseeable when DDI was introduced, that this was a real possibility that is almost guaranteed to happen at some point. Not saying that they made this clear enough to anyone who hopped on the train, but I think most people should always have been aware of this.

This is a possibility with anything you rent rather than buy. The owner can always decide that the product in question is no longer for rent.

This is why Machete don't rent tabletop rpg material.

Remove ads