• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Exalted (d6). Help me, please.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Okay, a gushing actual play thread elsewhere (coupled with some bitchin' PDF handouts) has convinced me that I need to give Exalted a go. . . but I really don't want to buy a bucket of ten-sided dice at $1.00 a pop just to play. mainly, because I already have a bucket of six-sided dice. So. . .

I'm not looking to convert Exalted to the D6 System. Rather, I just want to use my six-sided dice in place of ten-sided dice (kind of like the Exalted demo). I'm thinking that if I change the default TN to 4 and then treat results of "6" as results of "10" I'll pretty much have it covered. . . however. . .

I'm not very familiar with Exalted. Is there some kind of statistical weirdness that migth crop up in actual play if I do this? Is there something that I'm missing. I shouldn't think that bonuses will change much, as they add dice rather than straight linear modifiers. If anybody could enlighten me, I'd be much obliged.

Crothian

First Post
I know, I play. Unless you just happen to only have a few dice you should be able to raid your sets and pull out dice that work. That's what I do.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Crothian said:
I know, I play. Unless you just happen to only have a few dice you should be able to raid your sets and pull out dice that work. That's what I do.

I have played Exalted and I'm pretty convinced that a few 10-sided dice won't cut it (mainly because I've had to roll more than 25 at one time). So. . . if you'd like to offer some advice on the alternative that I've decided to pursue, please, feel free to lend a hand :D

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
You don't have a bag full of d20s? But you have a tattoo of a d20 company on your head? Maybe you could get some dice company to tattoo a couple of 3d d20s on your eyelids in exchange for as many as you need?

Queen_of_Spades

First Post
jdrakeh said:
Exalted uses a dice pool. . . and I don't want to go buy a bucket full of ten-sided dice (or twenty-sided dice).

whats is wrong witha bucket of 10-side dice?

ok, anyway, \im not good on math, but i've been playing exalted for a few years now. I think that using d6 wil turn thingas slightly harder, but not THAT hard, since the enemy will use d6 too. I say there is no problem.

(but, really, what is the difference between a bucket of d6s and a bucket of d10s?)

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Mark CMG said:
You don't have a bag full of d20s? But you have a tattoo of a d20 company on your head? Maybe you could get some dice company to tattoo a couple of 3d d20s on your eyelids in exchange for as many as you need?

You only need one d20 to play most d20 games ;)

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Queen_of_Spades said:
whats is wrong witha bucket of 10-side dice?

I don't own one. Nor does $40 seem like a good price for one.

but, really, what is the difference between a bucket of d6s and a bucket of d10s?

Again, I already own a bucket full of six-sided dice.

Remove ads