+1 Mighty Composite Shortbow
MW Shortsword at side
one jeweled MW daggar in boot
eight daggars across chest
cloak with the hood down
Boots of Springing and Striding
Quiver of Elhona(sp?)
Gloves of Orge Power
hidden holy symbol (just a string around his neck)
long braided blond hair
green eyes
extra short

Taka
Fighter 1/Wizard 10
Half-Elf/Half-Something
Long Golden Brown Hair
Barely Noticeable reptilian skin
longer leaner limbs
claws
very slight horns at his temples
orientally dressed in kimono
katana on left
Longsword on right (looks like it came from Germany, given to him in a will from a deceased friend.)
One really big spellbook
+1 Quarterstaff(simple, black)
Amulet of Tongues
Falcon on his shoulder
a elven ring on his right hand
a staff of fire
Sash of Mage Armor
a cloak
I say he is half-elf because he still dosen't know what his father is.
I will attach a earlier pic of him for reference.

Motubo
Male Mul Barbarian Cleric
Former Galdiator
5'9'' 220 (Mul's are all muscle)
skin = dark brown
Falchion at left side
Gauntlets
Turban with a piece loose so he can cover his face (think the Moor from "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves")
Loose v-cut tunic (short sleeves)
Loose arabian trousers
hand on Falchion
Necklace of Prayer Beads

This is the greatest idea I have seen in a while. I must thank you.

Attachments

• taka first draft.jpg
    taka first draft.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 636

Eosin the Red

First Post
Kailord said more than one so - here is my second entry. He is a warder from the Wheel of Time.

A tall and well-built Shienaran. His lack of a topknot sets him apart from his countrymen, but his deadly manner unmistakably identifies him as a Shienaran warrior. His long black hair is usually held in a ponytail by a silver hoop. He has weary blue eyes with premature creases at the edges. Like most warders, something tells others he is dangerous even when at rest.

History: N’Klas and his twin sister grew up on a farm close to Fal Dara, they both grew to hate the shadow slowly stealing up on them. When Tamigwen was 12, it was discovered that she had the spark. She was packed off to Tar Valon like all girls who are found. N’Klas felt that he could not leave his sisters protection to the Aes Sedai so he packed what he could and set off after her. He spent several months in the city of Tar Valon looking for a way to get into the White Tower to see his sister, until he was spotted by a brown sister named Verin who recognized him. He was brought to the tower and questioned. It was decided that he should remain close to his sister and begin training as a warder, rather than be sent home only to run away once more. N’Klas grew into a man under Aglamar, but Hammar made him a warrior. Now that his sister has taken him as her warder, they travel the north searching for signs of shadowspawn. They do return to the tower occasionally. Recently, they heard of the split in the tower and rushed back only to discover the truth was worse than they had believed. While Tamigwen plots their course of action, N’Klas is seeking to discover more about those who killed his mentor. He has made a vow that they will pay for their treachery.

N’Klas Gronican, male Borderlander, Armsman6/ Wanderer2/ Woodsman2/ Thief-Taker 3: CR 13; Size M; HD 8d10 + 5d6 + 26; hp 96; Init +6 (+2 Dex, +4 PII); Spd 30 ft.; AC 26 (+2 Dex, +10 Class, +2 Warder’s Cloak, +2 Leather Armor); Attack +17/+12/+7 Melee (Warder’s sword 1d10+5/19-20), or +14/+9/+4 Ranged (Shortbow 1d6/x3); SQ Armor Compatibility, Brotherhood Contacts, Capture, Illicit Barter, Natures Warrior, Opportunist, Sneak Attack, Traps, Uncanny Dodge, Warder’s Bond; SV Fort +10, Ref +11, Will +7; Rep 6; Str 16 (+3), Dex 14 (+2), Con 14 (+2), Int 16 (+3), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 13 (+1).

Languages Spoken: Common (Cairhien, Midlands), Old Tongue.

Skills: Appraise +5, Balance +8, Bluff +7, Climb +8, Diplomacy +5, Disable Device +4, Escape Artist +4, Gather Information +9, Handle Animal +6, Hide +9, Intimidate +9, Intuit Direction +4, Jump +9, KS: Blight +10, KS: Nature +6, KS: Nobility +4, Listen +12, Move Silently +11, Open Lock +4, Pick Pockets +3, Read Lips +5, Ride +6, Search +14, Sense Motive +8, Spot +7, Swim +7, Tumble +8, Use Rope +4, Wilderness Lore +8

Base Feats: Dark One’s Own Luck, Exotic Weapon (Warders Sword), Improved Initiative, Track, Combat Expertise, Exotic Weapon (swordbreaker), Heroic Surge, Latent Sniffer, Power Attack, Shadowspawn Hunter, Shadowspawn Hunter (M), Sniffer.
Possessions: Masterpiece Warder’s Sword, Warder’s Cloak, The Black Mask, Thieves Tools, Warhorse with Military saddle, Leather Armor, Shortbow

N'klas does not normally wear armor or carry a shield. He dresses in a style of fighting clothes that are almost monkish.

Shub-Niggurath

First Post
Vorkannis the Ebon:

An arcanoloth I've been using as the main, underlying villian of my ongoing Planescape campaign.

Vorkannis is unique as far as arcanoloths go, by virtue of having a nearly jet black coat of fur, rare among color patterns for the fiends. His eyes are a piercing reddish pink color (almost like a reverse albino. Jet black fur with the reddish eyes common for albino animals) , and several glowing gems orbit around his head, all of them magical.

He dresses in finely tailored wizards robes of cobalt blue, black, and charcoal grey trimmed in silver runes and abstract patterns that cover most of his body save for his head, clawed hands and feet. Tucked into the waist of the robe he has a number of wands and magical rods. He holds a small blue gem about the size of hens egg that follows him about, floating near him when not held in his hand. Of the three other Arcanoloths in the cabal that saw him rise in the Yugoloth ranks, he holds the most personal power and ambition, but prefers to remain behind the scenes, hidden, holding his abilities secret or at least uncertain in the eyes of any rival. Until recently anyways...

He always seems to be followed by a patch of shadows, the light in a room dimming with his passing, as either his form, or robes seems to draw in ambient light letting him literally skulk in the shadows of a room regardless of the situation most of the time.

He recently ascended to the position of Oinoloth, by a web of guile and treachery, butchering the opposing forces of Yugoloths loyal to both Mydianchlarus, then the current Oinoloth, and Anthraxus the Decayed, the former holder of the Seige Malicious. Not only those Yugoloths loyal to him and his fellow conspiritors aided in this blood bath, but the forces of the Hag Countess of Baator and the Mother of Serpents, the hydra of legend formerly held captive in Elysium till freed and cowed to his Will took part in his rebellion and saw swing the heads of a thousand ultraloths upon the ramparts and spires of the Wasting Tower.

Since then he’s been changed into something… else. Neither truly remaining an Arcanoloth, nor becoming an Ultroloth, he has retained his physical form seemingly, but his mind has tasted to corruption of the throne of Khin-Oin and his thoughts more and more like those of an Ultroloth.

The shadows that always followed him around previously now seem to resemble more blotches and motes of whispy shadows trailing from the main umbral cloak surrounding him almost like the physical manifestation of an artists rendition of a cloud of plague spores.

He’s without peer the most powerful, and most evil of the three, now four Arcanoloths he conspired with to take the Seige Malicious. (the others being Shemeska the Marauder, Helekanalaith the Keeper of the Tower of the Arcanoloths, and Shylara Akt'Atarm)

He’s been both a father figure, teacher, and lover for his protégé the Arcanoloth Shylara Akt'Atarm, newly ascended as ruler of the Tower of Incarnate Pain in Carceri. Admittidly it's debateable if he actually cares for her other than to create a loyal ally in a place of power whom he has been able to select and breed for the position he’s placed her in to give him a known quantity in the ranks below who would normally jostle for his position at the soonest sign of weakness on his part.

"But still, regardless of my present situation and my recent ascension as Mistress of the Tower of Incarnate Pain, I am preoccupied. My thoughts flee their surroundings and I cannot help but dwell upon my Master, my teacher and my lover, Vorkannis the Ebon, Oinoloth of the Wasting Tower.

He took me under his wing, teaching me as a protégé, and acting not unlike a father to me. Might be possibly have been? And indeed I considered it for a time. But no, I fought my way up the Yugoloth hierarchy like most of my fellows, not born into my station, but rather having seized it through a millennia of struggle, triumph, treachery, and ultimately purification.

Did he have ulterior motives in taking me into his confidence, or what passes for that mortal word here among my kind? Most certainly he did. And indeed I shared my body with him a hundred thousand times. I whored myself to him like some slavering, shrieking Tanar’ri slut in the arms of an Abyssal Lord...

And so he asked me, ‘What is it you want? A question we might ask some mortal seeking youth or beauty or wealth or power over one’s enemies. But turn inwards and ask yourself the question. Is there something you want? Or is the process of wanting itself that drives us? The eternal envy of others, of seeing another fall, of killing another just to see his own drive for power blunted and shattered as the light fades in his eyes and he realizes just what has happened?’

Ambition was never something he lacked, indeed I might say he embodied the true essence of what it meant to be a Yugoloth. He seemed distant from the game we all played, watching with a smug, knowing, aloof contentedness right up until the moment he would plunge in his fist and tear away from some soon forgotten other just what it was he wanted. And then he would sneer and laugh at this lesson he had taught us." -Shylara Akt'Atarm speaking of Vorkannis the Ebon

Hubris describes his personality. Pride, ambition to a fault and ruthlessness tempered with patience and a surreal wisdom and forethought. In fact, even among his fellow Arcanoloths and the Ultroloths who now chaff under the rule of this 'lesser' fiend, he is an utter mystery. He seems to have appeared from nowhere, not having previously been recognized among the Yugoloths ranks in his rise to power.

He simply appeared out of the hinterlands of the Grey Waste possessed of a drive to power and knowing things he simply should not have known.

"I still have so many questions about him, that I dare say I may never have answered. None of us yet know really where he came from, or where he rose to power, and what indeed was the fate of Bubonix and Cholerix. They are dead, that we all are certain of. But the manner of their passing, and what the Ebon took from them before they uttered their last gasp… that I do not know.

And where he learned the language of the Baern, for that is what he called it, we do not know. I always had assumed the Baernoloth to be a myth we ourselves created to spread among the celestials and the other fiends to increase our own status and to waste their time as they scoured tomes and the hinterlands of the Waste searching for our hidden, mysterious progenitors. What does it say if they do truly exist? And what more does that say of The Ebon…" - Shylara Akt'Atarm speaking of Vorkannis the Ebon

Fluff aside (and I've got some 50-60 pages of notes regarding the plot and him. *grin*), his stats are somewhere along the lines of an advanced male Arcanoloth, wiz 20, or thereabouts with a whole host of unique traits.
:D

Last edited:

Heavy3p0

First Post
Character art contest

Hi!
obviously i am entering my character so i can try to win the cool original art so here he is (for more information visit www.home.earthlink.net/~heavy3p0/frfontpage.html, my D&D website).

Umli Hafthammer, dwarven armorer-priest of Moradin.
1st level fighter/ 5th level cleric.
Umli currently has left his dwarven homeland for a span of 75 years to study the armor-smithing of the other (non-dwarven) races. he has some how got himself mixed with an adventuring party who are on a quest to ,of course, save the world.
He has become team leader as no one else in the party wanted the job and some one had to straighten out that unruly band of mauraders before some one killed them (they were sorely lacking in common sense).
As a priest with abilities scores below the party avarage, Umli spends most of his time talking his way out of trouble or making jokes, as he is little use in combat beyond casting cure spells. I like to think of him as the D&D equivalent to R2D2 as he is a squat armored tin-can with lifesaving abilities but is still the comic relief. he (un-originaly) talks in the traditional scottish accent used by most dwarf players but hey, what are you gunna do?

but rather than talk about him all day ( because like all true D&D players i can) i will let you see for your self, below is an excert from my character journal where Umli and gang meet up with an ettin they were supposed to kill to aquire components for an npc's divination spell:

He was seated before a fire where an entire elk was being roasted on a spit. He invited the party to supp with him and Umli gladly sat down and offered the large two-headed man some wine from his skin.
“So what brings you to my woods?” boomed both heads from the ettin at once.
“Well, we were lookin’ fer you actually.” Answered the dwarf.
“Oh really? Now why would that be?” the ettin arching one eyebrow on each head.
“I Dunnae think I should tell ye. So what do ye do in these woods?”
A slight hint of humor crept into the ettin’s voice,”changing the subject aye? Well I Hunt and fish, I defend these woods from harm, and try to keep as far from the filthy cities of man as I can. Now why are you here seeking me in my woods?”
“Well I am a little ashamed to admit it, but we came to kill you and take your eyes.” Umli looked up at the giant with no small amount of apprehension. It’s never a good idea to tell anyone ten times your size that you had intended to kill him.
“Well then we have a problem.” The ettin began to reach for a pair of very large war clubs. Umli suppressed the urge to panic and attempted to dissuade the giant from attacking.
“Lets not be hasty now, ye’ve been a very gracious host, and it would be very rude of us to try in kill ye now.” Explained Umli, hoping that the ettin will respond favorably.
“But none the less you came here with the intent to kill me and remove my eyes”
“Well yes, we came to kill an ettin and take his eyes, but not necessarily yer eyes. If ye could only direct us to where we might find a nastier ettin of the man eating type, perhaps one who stole yer ettin wife perhaps, then we would be on our way?” Umli cracked his famous ‘please don’t hurt me’ smile.
“There are no other ettins in the woods, and now you have spoiled my appetite. You may leave, but your elf may not. I have decided that elf would taste better than this elk.” Said the ettin as he stood up holding his clubs.
“Well I guess that solves our little problem then doesn’t it? We can kill an elf-eating ettin as easily as the man-eating variety. Make yerself ready ettin.” And with that the party set into the large two-headed foe, greatly relieved that the tense, yet comical situation was finally over. The ettin proved to be a mighty opponent but was outnumbered, and unable to put down any of his attackers even though his might strength enabled him to wound any he hit severely.

Thanks for reading my entry,
Heavy3p0@yahoo.com

Green Knight

First Post
Hmm. So I gotta go indepth in background, too? Seems to make more sense to me that one would describe how a character looks, if you want them to be drawn, but oh well. I'll do both.

Balin Cormaeril, Purple Dragon of Cormyr, Bard, and Paladin of Helm

Balin is a man approaching 40 years of age. Raised as a noble amonst the powerful Cormaeril family in Cormyr, Balin grew up self-centered and spoiled, wiling away the days with his huntsmen in the woods, and the nights wooing maidens with his songs and poetry. As far as he was concerned, the whole world revolved around himself, and anything which didn't personally impact his world was all but non-existent in his mind.

This all changed one night when he received the Calling to Paladinhood. He surprised even himself when he answered the Calling, becoming a Paladin in the service of Helm, the Protector. Thereafter referring to himself as "Balin Ironside" (Though never lying and saying it was his True Name), he enlisted with the Purple Dragons. He did this not out of shame, but out of a sincere desire to avoid special treatment for his noble heritage. Little did he know that this would save him later in life.

So Balin served with the Purple Dragons, steadily rising in rank and esteem. He came to be known as "The Black Dragon", for his trademark magical black armor, etched with draconic designs, and a helm in the likeness of a dragon. Balin eventually came to leed a unit of Purple Dragon scouts on the outskirts of Cormyr, guarding against incursions, monster brigands, and taking part in the occasional borderland skirmish. There he served King, Country, and God by protecting Cormyr against all those who would threaten it. Unfortunately, Balin couldn't protect Cormyr from the enemy within.

Balin had spent a long time away from home. Even when he was at home, he had been so wrapped up in his own life that he never noticed the rot at the heart of his family. So Balin was taken completely by surprise when the attempted assassination of King Azoun IV in 1369 DR was perpetrated NOT by an outside power, such as the Zhentarim or Red Wizards, but by Cormyreans. Specifically, House Bleth and House Cormaeril.

For their crimes, House Cormaeril was banished from Cormyr, their lands and titles stripped from them. Balin only escaped punishment because he was known as Ironside, not Cormaeril. Still, he sank into a deep melancholia. Though no one knew of it, he knew of his own disgrace. Balin spent the next two years in this state, performing his duties half-heartedly, as if he had lost the will to continue fighting. The men under his command began to lose faith in their leader, as he seemed to have lost his shwred fighting edge.

It all came to a head in 1371 DR. The invasion of "The Devil Dragon", Nalavarauthatoryl the Red and her goblin hordes. Balin saw this as his chance to regain his honor, but in each engagement he and his men tasted defeat. It all culminated in the final climactic battle of the war, when King Azoun himself faced the Devil Dragon. Balin raced towards the field of battle, intent on serving his King in one last battle. But it wasn't to be.

By that point, Balin had become so obsessed with proving himself, that he had lost sight of the bigger picture. He was so intent on the future that he failed to take notice of what was happening in the present. And so Balin led his men right into a goblin trap. They fought bravely, but in the end most of them were killed. The rest were taken away in chains, Balin among them.

Balin spent the next year in a goblin prison camp, marking the days on his cell walls, eating whatever vile food the goblins fed him, and enduring whatever tortures they devised to amuse themselves. By that point they knew they had lost the war, but they had no intentions of giving up their Purple Dragon prisoners, those taken from Balin's unit, amongst others. Whatever tortures the goblins devised, though, didn't compare to what would come to the prisoners at night.

Unbeknownst to the goblins at the time, they had built their prison camp in a grove haunted by the spirit of an elf maiden named Talindra Eveningfall. The elf ghost bore no ill will towards the goblins, but she had a visceral hatred of the Cormyrean prisoners. In centuries past, in the early days of Cormyr, Talindra and her younger sister had lived in those woods as part of a small clan of elves. One day they had wandered off into a lonely part of the woods where they encountered a group of Cormyrean brigands who made their home in that part of the woods. The Cormyreans, seeing that the two elf maids were alone, took them prisoner. After having had their way with them for a month, the Cormyreans murdered the two elves. Talindra watched in horror as they slit the throat of her younger sister, just before they cut her own throat and buried them both in a shallow grave.

Talindra's spirit, however, would not rest. Rising several nights later, she began to terrorize the Cormyrean brigands. She tormented them nightly, killing them one by one til none were left. Despite having killed the ones who murdered her and her sister, her hatred of Cormyreans wasn't sated. And so she stayed in that grove, murdering any Cormyreans which came within her grasp. As luck would have it, the site of her grove became the location of a goblin prisoner camp. So Talindra carried on her vendetta against the occupants of the cells. Every morning the goblins would find a fresh corpse, drained of life. Other prisoners they would find pale, as if part of their life force had been drained away from them.

Balin was one of her victims. She particularly hated him, as he showed no fear for her and was resistant to her attempts at draining his life force, and was even able to hurt her with his bare hands! So Talindra took a differet tack, spending many nights in his cell, whispering in his ear, accusing him of the crime which had been perpetrated against her and her sister so long ago, but still Balin stood firm, ignoring her taunts. Though Balin slowly began to believe the accusations she levelled at him.

Then Talindra told Balin about the fate of his brother, Rowen. Balin's beloved brother, the only real family he had, had been cursed, becoming one of the deaded Ghazneth's which Balin had heard of in the war with the Devil Dragon but had never faced. With that news, Balin had lost all will to resist. Talindra delighted as Balin was at last broken. Balin lost his Paladinhood, and with it his ability to resist Talindra. Eventually he too began to grow pale, as Talindra drained more and more of his life-force away.

Had Balin remained, he would've soon died. Another corpse for the goblins to cart out of his cell in the morning and burn. Fortunately for him, while the spirit of Talindra was focused on him, other prisoners had had the chance to organize an escape attempt. They freed most of the prisoners, including Balin, and managed to take control of the armory. Taking whatever arms and equipment they could get their hands on, the Purple Dragons fought their way out of the prison camp and escaped.

But while the rest of the prisoners went east, heading home to Cormyr, Balin went west. By this point, Balin was a thouroughly broken man and had no desire to go home. And so he traveled west, til at last he came to Baldur's Gate. There, he proceeded to eek out whatever menial living he could, spending whatever little money he had drowning his sorrows in ale at the local inn, singing mournful ballads.

Current Sketch: Balin Cormaeril is a broken man, a hollow look in his eyes. He has dark brown hair, which is beginning to grey around the edges, a scraggly beard, and a granite-like face which is beginning to show cracks and wrinkles. He's tall, at 6'2", and well-muscled, though his frequent drinking has begun to show in his gut.

In his prime, Balin had been a mighty warrior, highly skilled at armed combat, mounted combat, stealth techniques, and tracking, as well as wielding numerous holy powers and powerful magic weapons and armor. Balin is now only a shadow of the man he was. His arms and armor had long been sold by his goblin captors, and his spirit, drained by Talindra, contains none of the fighting prowess which he formerly demonstrated.

(***Below is what I want drawn if I win***)

This is how Balin looked back in the day.

He wore a suit of mithral full plate armor. It was enchanted with the Silent Moves and Shadow (Which is what made it black) abilities, allowing Balin to move stealthily, despite being fully armored. The helm was shaped as the head of a dragon, and the whole of the armor had a draconic theme to it. Balin also wore a purple cloak.

Balin wielded several weapons, continuing the draconic theme. The first was a Holy longsword ("Dragon's Tooth"), on the pommel of which he had a Holy Symbol of Helm. He had a Repeating Crossbow ("Dragon's Breath"), the front of which was designed to look like the mouth of a dragon, which fired Acidic bolts. He was also armed with a whip ("Dragon's Tail") of Disarming, and a heavy lance ("Dragon's Claw"). Lastly, he wielded a black shield bearing a Purple Dragon.

While still having some grey in his hair, it wasn't as prominent as it is, now. He was also clean shaven with hair cut short, and didn't have the beer gut which he has, now.

And there you go.

Stygian

First Post
Amator Laranadel

Elf. Male. 5'5 125'bs
Hair: Long, straight, Red with black at the edges
Eyes: Red, no pupils
Wizard 6th level/Warrior 2nd Level
Carries a longsword, short bow, two daggers, and has a white snowowl for a familar (named Persephone).
Dresses in white with silver and red trim.
Currently a pair of gray pants, with a loing white jacket over black shirt. The jacket has a mid level collar that is folded. There are silver arcane designs along the sides and red along the seems. Over this he wears a red cloak with a silver swan on the back. His longsword is masterwork and elegant but not too flashy. He wears a phoenix feather (gift from the bird itself) on an earring in his right ear.
He has a phoenix tattoed on his left forearm. He often rolls the sleeves of his jacket up so it can be seen. His boots and gloves are soft leather and the gloves have no fingers, (spell components you know) His spell books and components are on belt & thigh pouches.
He smiles alot is rather charming and has a taste for tall human women.
Persephone has white feathers and green eyes.

Amator has minor abilities to control fire. A direct result of his accidental and unprotected jaunt into the elemental plane of fire.

Amator is quick to action but can be impulsive in a way that seems alien to most other elves. He is surprisingly strong and hearty for someone so small and often seems "bigger" than his actual height would indicate.

Ricochet

Explorer
Carados Hammerheim

Carados is a 4'2" dwarven wizard (illusionist), who roams the world of Greyhawk.

He has a beard that reaches his upper body (not too long, he is not so old) and around the mouth, and long hair with a few braids in it. His hair is brownish, with a few white stripes in it.

He has dark eyes, and a somewhat large nose (and a large belly to boot, although not really under the "fat"-category)

He wears blue and black robes, adorned with symbols of magic, like a lightning bolt or some such symbols. He wears a large leather belt, the beltbuckle being his wizards sigil, a big C with a smiths hammer sloped inside the C.

Carados has a dark blue silk cloak which he got for helping defend a human settlement against an orc invasion. The cloak is a bit too long for the dwarf, so it hangs a bit behind him on the ground, but due to its magic nature, it cannot become shrivelled.

In his hands, Carados always carries a wooden staff with metal-inlaid edges. Nothing fancy, just a solid staff meant for walking and pummeling monsters.

A finely crafted heavy crossbow is strapped on Carados' back, and it's almost always loaded with a bolt.

He had no visible scars or anything like that, but always has a determined look on his face.

History: The Hammerheim clan was almost wiped out by orcs in Carados early adventuring years, and he vowed revenge. Having gotten it, he looks to further help his clan and his kin. He wants to be the one to unite the dwarf clans of Greyhawk, and once again build an empire under the earth with mighty magic and weaponry, securing the dwarven way of life for years to come.

His best friend is sometimes a half-elf Paladin called Solar and sometimes a human druid called Twil. He is a kind and determined dwarf, but doens't play other sides than his own, his firends and his kins (neutral alignment).

Carados is always interested in magical phenomena, and is a strange sight for many of his dwarven brothers, yet slowly but surely he is becoming accepted as a wizard in the society, and he looks forward to one day train more dwarven wizards himself.

Thanks for this great opportunity!

Last edited:

Kae'Yoss

First Post
My entry: My first (and senior) D&D 3e Character. I get to play him for another session, in the final battle for the future of the elves.

Pharaun "Veluuthra" Craulnober: Male Moon Elf Fighter 5/ Wizard / Divine Champion of Corellon Larethian 4/ Bladesinger 20.

His most prized possessions:
Belt of Giant Strength +12
Boots of Swiftness
Amulet of Resistance + 10
Armor of the Celestial Battalion
"Veluuthra": Intelligent +6 Defending Screaming Long Sword.

Height: 5" 5'
Weight:127 lbs
Eyes: Blue-Gray
Hair: Black
Skin: White (Tinged with blue in places, as with many Silver Elves).
AL: CG

Abilities: Str 26(38) Dex 16(22), Con 12(18), Int 14(20), Wis 8(14), Cha 14(20).

Speed: 60 ft, Fly 90 ft (Armor).

Skills (most important): Balance +32, Diplomacy +17, Jump +53 (not limitet by height), Knowledge (Religion) + 20, Knowledge (Elven History) +13, Perform (Sing, Dance, Lute, Harp, Ballads, Old Elven Folklore, Comedy, and others) +19, Spellcraft +15, Tumble +53.

Feats (most Notable): Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Epic WF, Epic WS, Improved Critical, Power Critical, Overwhelming Critical (all Long Sword). Spring Attack, Whirlwind Attack, Great Cleave, Expertise.

Most favorite spells: Haste, True Strike, Mirror Image, Keen Edge, Shield, Dimension Door.

Pharaun is a slender, but strong, moon elf born in the forest of Cormanthor. He's a devout worshipper of Corellon, and has been appointet high Bladesinger of Faerûn. He thinks of himself as a champion of the People, and protects them whenever necessary. Despite all that, he's merry most of the time. He likes to sing elven ballads (playing on the harp or lute, as appropriate for the song) or tell stories.

Under his armor, he wears mostly green and brown hues. His armor itself is magnificent: A suit of chainmail made of mithral much lighter than normal (the Armor of the Celestial Battallion), over which he wears a holy symbol of corellon, also made of mithral. He wears his hair long and unbound, which whirls around him when he's dancing (or fighting, which is almost the same). He seems to carry no weapon (except a composite longbow), but in the face of an enemy he can call forth his sword Veluuthra from a magical tatoo on the palm of his right hand (which looks like a sword encased by a crescend moon, Corellon's symbol).

Unless the enemies are obviously evil, he tries to settle things without bloodshed, and even in battle he often shows mercy to those that aren't beyond redemption.

Like all bladesingers, he doesn't just casts spells and attacks: he sings and dances. He blends his attacks and parries (or dodges), and his spellcasting into a lightning-fast performance that is as beautiful as it is deadly. His attacks and parries with Veluuthra, his longsword, are one fluid movement, which he combines with his quick and graceful movements and his spellcasting. His alternates between defensive strikes, swift slashes, and graceful yet deceptively powerful lunges, sometimes aided by magic (true strike).
In addition to his armor and agility (often improved by haste), he often uses the Shield spell to protect himself, or he casts Fire Shield or Improved Invisibility (which he only uses in emergencies, since it spoils his performance if noone can see him). He's also fond of mirror image, and the sight of 9 bladesingers whirling and striking at him will unsettle many a foe.
When fighting the most vicious foes of the elves, especially worshippers of Lolth and Malar, he often proclaims every hit as a strike for Corellon Larethian or the Seldarine to spite his foes. For such foes, he seldomly has mercy to spare.
Despite his hatred of Lolth and the spider kissers, he tries to unite the elven People with those drow who are willing to set aside the hate and ally themselves with fairy folk for the good of all elves. He has forged many alliances between elves and drow, especially with worshippers of eilistraee, but even with some who follow Vhaeraun, a fact which made him many enemies in the past, most notably with the sun elves and with Shaverash-worshippers. This is partly because he himself has drow blood running through his vains (although he is a moon elf): His mother, a CN cleric of Erevan Ilesere who fell in love with a Darkmask of Vhaeraun (who was CN himself and a believer of the Vhaeraunan heresy that the elven race should stand united against Lolth and other foes of the elves) which helped her when she was attacked by a raiding party of lolth-worshippers.
He was raised by his mother and a correlite bladesinger (who was the only elf that shared their secret) but regularly met with his true father. His stepfather's deeds filled him with wonder of the bladesingers and of corellons faith and thus entflamed his desire to become a bladesinger himself.

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
For the sake of brevity...

Grimm is a half-orc sorcerer (7th level), barbarian (3rd level). He started as a riff on "Morpheus" from the Matrix but gradually transformed so he was also a riff on "Scorpious" from Farscape.

Thank you for your consideration.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads