D&D 5E Exclusive D&D Next Campaign available at Gen Con Only

bogmad

First Post
I'm not too terribly impressed with the whole "most up-to-date D&D Next rules" thing. Either this means up-to-date-now-but-out-of-date-by-the-time-it-gets-in-your-hands, or that there will be a moratorium on new playtest material from when they start printing (soonish I'd imagine) until GenCon. Closing in on the supposed one-year-out mark, it seems like we need more packets pushed, not less, but that's just my opinion.
I'm hoping that since it's just the "basic" rules, that'll leave plenty of leeway for them to keep releasing playtest materials exploring the "standard" and "advanced" modules.
I share the same worries you do.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
It’s the core expression of the fighter, the rogue, the wizard and the cleric,” says Mearls. “But even though there is still play testing going on, this material is rock solid.”

lolwut? How is the Rogue rock solid?

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I dig that art. The logo still seems MEEEEEEEEEEH, and the border makes it look like a playing card, but the art itself is solid as heck. I want to go to there.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I also quite enjoy the art. There's something very dramatic, to my mind, about being on an elevated, isolated location.

This also seems to cement that the Forgotten Realms will be the flagship setting for Fifth Edition, given that the adventure's location is Dragonspear Castle.

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
This sounds like a beta version of the Basic set for D&DN. Basic rules, only the iconic forms of the core 4 classes, and some adventures to take you from 1 to 10. This is exactly what they said would be in the Basic set.

I also quite enjoy the art. There's something very dramatic, to my mind, about being on an elevated, isolated location.

This also seems to cement that the Forgotten Realms will be the flagship setting for Fifth Edition, given that the adventure's location is Dragonspear Castle.
I think that has more to do with the fact that it's a Sundering adventure. They're pushing it hard, which means all of D&D's story content will be FR focused for the near future.

Last edited:

Klaus

First Post
I dig that art. The logo still seems MEEEEEEEEEEH, and the border makes it look like a playing card, but the art itself is solid as heck. I want to go to there.

I like the art, but I keep thinking "what are the characters doing? Is the dwarf hitting the air? What's happening with the eyes of the two figures with staves? What is the elf aiming at? Is the fighter ordering a charge off the cliff? Who is the rogue dodging?"

Warbringer

Explorer
I like the art, but I keep thinking "what are the characters doing? Is the dwarf hitting the air? What's happening with the eyes of the two figures with staves? What is the elf aiming at? Is the fighter ordering a charge off the cliff? Who is the rogue dodging?"

trust the artist to criticise :)

Remove ads