• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Expanded Core new industry standard?

rkwoodard

First Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Mona
Here's a tidbit unrevealed elsewhere.

We decided the next four core classes for Pathfinder today. As in the whole staff agreed on the conceptual and mechanical niches and we've officially green-lit development.

And we'll announce which ones at Gen Con!

--Erik

Eh... well, I'm categorically opposed to the proliferation of core classes, so I can't say I'm exactly excited by this.

So, expanded Core is now an industry standard it seems.

Do we have strong feelings on this..either way?

RK

jasin

Explorer
Core as 4E uses the term (upcoming supplements will assume you use this material) or core as it was often used during the 3E era (non-prestige, 20-level, selectable at 1st level)?

carborundum

Adventurer
It does seem to fit their something-interesting-every-level approach though. If they keep their prestige classes more for flavour and RP, then entire new concepts get a core class.

Something like that? I always tinker with classes in my game to keep the characters the way the players want them and give them something every level to play with. Me likee this approach from Paizo.

malkav666

First Post
I think it just means new 20 level classes. There were a bunch in 3.5 as well. I am OK with new stuff to choose from. I won't use all of it for sure. but it is nice to read, and there will likely be some gems that make it into my games.

On that note I would be very happy to see a PF version of psionics, and some good PF fluff working it into the world (not that I think the old version of psionics are bad).

love,

malkav

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Eh... well, I'm categorically opposed to the proliferation of core classes, so I can't say I'm exactly excited by this.

So, expanded Core is now an industry standard it seems.

Do we have strong feelings on this..either way?
I personally love new, well designed classes, no matter the edition be it AD&D, 3.5, Pathfinder, 4e or what have you.

Of course, it isn't so easy to design a good class...

Drkfathr1

First Post
I don't know if its really a new phenomenae though, we've been getting Core Expansions since AD&D's Unearthed Arcana. Maybe the terminology is a little different now.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads