D&D 5E Expanded Weapons List

Magnavis

Villager
Scythes are a very dramatic looking weapon, but not at all useable in combat, with a straightened Blade they become a warscythe, but that is an important distinction. For what it's worth, a warscythe is pretty much a glaive.

Magnavis

Villager
Maybe, or maybe not, strength based characters take alot less investment to get online. Pump strength to 20 and slap on some platemail, good to go. They can more reliably pass 20 AC and boast the highest damage in the game, even if not by much. Typically they also have room for more feats as they don't depend on as many stats. Just strength and con usually. This allows them pick up feats like great weapon master and sentinel, or polearm master, and utilize them to greater effect. I do think dex characters are getting stronger. But you do need to keep in mind that a strength fighter will win toe to toe almost every time over a dex fighter and they will slaughter a rogue or Ranger consistently. I think the changes made here have been healthy. Perhaps the strength weapons could use some more quality of life stuff, more options perhaps. But all told I don't think this breaks the game.

Magnavis

Villager
Something I've always wanted in DND is a Pavise. Which is a huge wall shield. Typically used by a Pavise bearer to defend archers. In fantasy contexts they are generally just called tower shields and function much less as an off hand weapon and more of an impenetrable defense. Is there an option to make a heavy non attacking shield that can only be used with light weapons? I don't think the game would support it well, but I figure I should throw this out there and see what everyone thinks. Any thoughts?

Ill link a picture so you can get an idea of what a Pavise is.

Magnavis

Villager
The Etool (Also know as a shovel) is the manliest tool in existance. Look up the world war one trench stats. Alot of shovel kills. Bayonets are useless before the awesome might of a shovel. Besides, it's tough to dig a trench with a gun.

Hawk Diesel

Adventurer
Something I've always wanted in DND is a Pavise. Which is a huge wall shield. Typically used by a Pavise bearer to defend archers. In fantasy contexts they are generally just called tower shields and function much less as an off hand weapon and more of an impenetrable defense. Is there an option to make a heavy non attacking shield that can only be used with light weapons? I don't think the game would support it well, but I figure I should throw this out there and see what everyone thinks. Any thoughts?

Ill link a picture so you can get an idea of what a Pavise is.

So I would say in order to use a Pavise, you would need to have proficiency in heavy armor. It does not provide an AC bonus. Instead, you must use an action to set it. Once set it provides you and any ally within 5ft half cover. While set your movement is reduced to 10ft. While set you are only able to wield a spear or a pike, and regardless of the number of attacks you normally get, you can only take one attack when you take the attack action. You can unset the Pavise as an action.

EDIT: Maybe the Pavise bearer would get 3/4 cover, and allies within 5ft would get half cover.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases