Expeditions to the Craters.

QuaziquestGM

First Post
As the party moves on (and moss is a nonvascular plant, not a fungi) further into the interior of the island, they notice 3 things.

Screaming and sounds of battle to the south.

Loud chirping to the north.

A column of iridescent purple smoke ahead of them.

"I w-would agree that going north would be the safest thing to do. But I suspect the little bird will tell us its friend is not to north. Stanfor, which direction is the bird indicating?" Aylana says.

OOC: Re: Moss and fungus. Obviously she read the wrong book on the properties of non-animal life forms. Her statement might be "state of the art" for this world. :)

Shayuri

First Post
Inamar, who's rejoined the group at some point, shakes her head. "Could be any bird. I say if we're looking for a wizard who specializes in magic fireworks, lets follow the magic smoke?"

She shakes her head. "And here I thought this'd be a nice quiet backwater."

EarlyBird

Explorer
"It isn't doing very well," Stanfor says in answer to Aylana. "Anyway is good to start, I suppose. Let's head for the smoke then. I'm curious as to what is making it that color."

QuaziquestGM

First Post
"Looks like we are heading towards the smoke then..." muses Brother Jean.

Navigating the rolling terrain, the party comes to the crest of a rise. Looking into the valley below reveals a scorched area and a hill about 150 ft away with something the size of a house protruding out at an odd angle. It is difficult to tell if the object plowed up the hill when it slammed into the ground, or if the hill was already there, or some combination of those events. It is made of a mix of purple and light bluish-silver metal and is severely damaged. Sparks and odd colored smoke emanate from cracks. There is a doorsized gash in the side.

A hooded figure sits on the ground next to the "door".

Between you and the 'crash site' is an area carpeted with purple and green mushrooms. This is about 30 ft away.

"Are the mushrooms going to attack?" Aylana wonders somewhat frantically. "I have never seen metal that color before. I suppose it could just be painted, or more appropriately enameled since paint doesn't really stick to metal. I suppose the coloring could also be added during the smelting of the metal. But making large sheets of metal like that is very advanced. It's so sad that it is in such disrepair. I don't think the local blacksmith could straighten that metal. Is that a man standing near the metal thing? I wonder if it is his. I doubt it is his if he is the illusionist Dolfgand as illusionists aren't really known for creating devices or golems. Oo, could that just be a big golem? That would be fascinating, wouldn't it?"

She looks around. "Oh, you guys are moving too fast for me again." And she jogs to keep up.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases