Expierience The Differance!

Angcuru

First Post
This is what I see on the bottom of my reciept from when I gassed up as a Shell station the other day. All I can say is...what difference? Not angry/pissed/ranty, just confused. Anyone else have wierd stuff like that happen? :confused:

reveal

Adventurer
Angcuru said:
This is what I see on the bottom of my reciept from when I gassed up as a Shell station the other day. All I can say is...what difference? Not angry/pissed/ranty, just confused. Anyone else have wierd stuff like that happen? :confused:

I had just finished eating in a Chinese resturant the other day. Before I left, I opened my fortune cookie. It said "I peed in your rice." Was it supposed to be hand written?

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
What are you confused about exactly - that your Shell station receipt spelled "experience" and "difference" wrong?

EricNoah

Adventurer
Gasoline from any other service station is just gasoline. Gasoline from Shell is like giving your car a solid gold enima!

reveal

Adventurer
EricNoah said:
Gasoline from any other service station is just gasoline. Gasoline from Shell is like giving your car a solid gold enima!

You know, most of us don't try to pump our gas through the tailpipe. :p

EricNoah

Adventurer
"I'm not going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe." -- Eddie Murphy in Beverly Hills Cop

(Yeah, I probably got the quote wrong.)

Torm

Explorer
At a computer shop I used to work at, we would regularly get odd little saying on parts coming from asian countries, like a cd holder that said "Choicing me, you will feel more fantastical!", or cooling fans that said, "With Super Algidity!" (We looked up algidity. It was listed as archaic in a 1917 Webster's dictionary, and not at all in anything newer. It means "the quality of being cool.")

Those were mostly neat. The really irritating - to me - thing that happened was when the bank decided to retool the credit card machines, and after they were done, they now had a part of the credit card slips that skipped a couple of lines, said "Thank You For Your Business", and then skipped a couple of more lines before putting all the usual stuff at the bottom. No one else seemed to really grok why it made me mad, but it wasted paper - bad for the environment, bad for the store which had to buy more rolls now for the same number of transactions - and since it was automated, it was completely insincere and totally ignored. Feh.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Gas stations are like the farming industry. They compete on price alone. Shell has taken the rather unusual stance of attempting to differentiate themselves somehow based upon the quality of their gasoline - a rather pointless goal, if you ask me. Gasoline is gasoline, regardless of where you buy it. I suppose you can't blame them for trying, but it seems kind of pointless to me.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
jaerdaph said:
What are you confused about exactly - that your Shell station receipt spelled "experience" and "difference" wrong?

My son says I've become really mean since I quit smoking. I think he may be right.

Sorry, Angcuru.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Torm said:
At a computer shop I used to work at, we would regularly get odd little saying on parts coming from asian countries
I have a backpack from Tokyo that says on it:
THE LUXURY OF CHOOSING

CLIMBING
Swift and concise, on the run​

I used to call it "Blender Nihongo" (Blender Japanese) because it seemed like this specialized language that appeared on appliances like blenders. EVERYTHING in Japan used to have this stuff, stationery, appliances, clothing. It's wacky.

Last edited:

Remove ads