D&D General Explaining D&D classes using the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Mads Mikkelsen's character in Doctor Strange is the closest I can think of to a warlock (muticlass wizard). Scarlet Witch is a sorcerer.
This is where you get into problems with this kind of thing. Scarlet Witch plays like a warlock - mostly just shoots energy bolts, but can do some other magic, but has a sorcerer type origin.

I think we should seperate Theme and mechanics.
X-men are all Sorcerer for the thematic of blood line and innate power. But their mechanics and tools is express by several classes.

Thematically I see Thor as a vengeance paladin. Anger, wrath, loose canon, personal valor code.

Black Panther seem more related to Druid. Its spirit of panther can be seen as a kind of permanent wild shape power. Mechanicly he is help by a high tech body armor but he only wear it, he don’t design it like Iron man. At last a druid that wear a metal armor!

Vision is a weird case. Sorcerer for some crazy power, but also paladin style sense of valor,

jayoungr

Legend
Supporter
I've gotta jump on the "Captain Marvel = warlock" side. Patron: The Tesseract.

Her pact wasn't voluntary, and her patron isn't sentient (as far as we know)--but the basic shape of her backstory is a pretty classic warlock story: mundane person comes into contact with supernatural power source and emerges able to use a part of the power for herself.

I get what you're saying about Scarlet Witch having the classic warlock "vibe," but then, 5E has tons of different kinds of warlocks.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
In MCU Venom fit Warlock.

Venom isn't in the MCU.

MCU = Marvel Cinematic Universe

It's a specific thing

I've gotta jump on the "Captain Marvel = warlock" side. Patron: The Tesseract.

Her pact wasn't voluntary, and her patron isn't sentient (as far as we know)--but the basic shape of her backstory is a pretty classic warlock story: mundane person comes into contact with supernatural power source and emerges able to use a part of the power for herself.

I get what you're saying about Scarlet Witch having the classic warlock "vibe," but then, 5E has tons of different kinds of warlocks.

Scarlet Witch is the same thing. Her patron is the Mind Stone.

So the question is if we must fill the role of Sorcerer with a character, which character is the best fit?

Remove ads