• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Extreme site slowdown

Zurai

First Post
I'm fairly sure the admins are already aware of this, but just in case they aren't:

I (and several others) have noticed an extreme slowdown while browsing ENWorld the last couple of days. Forum pages take upwards of 5 minutes to load during the daytime, if they load at all; my usual load time is nearly instant.

I'm not sure if it's more hacking attempts or server load due to 4E or what, but on the off chance it's not universal and the admins aren't aware of it, I thought I'd post about it.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
It was really bad for me an hour ago, but it's been improving since then... very slowly. ;)

So yeah, still quite slow.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Darkness said:
It was really bad for me an hour ago, but it's been improving since then... very slowly. ;)

So yeah, still quite slow.
The site wasn't loading for me at all an hour ago. It seems to be back to normal, but it's definitely not blazingly fast.

Of course, it's never blazingly fast on my P3.

Kheti sa-Menik

First Post
Besides being unreasonably slow, today, I'm getting these errors on a frequent basis:

"Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' (11) in /shop/Connections/shopdb.php on line 13"

Also, I am seeing just simply "There has been a database error" type screens fairly regularly.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Kheti sa-Menik said:
Besides being unreasonably slow, today, I'm getting these errors on a frequent basis:

"Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysql/mysql.sock' (11) in /shop/Connections/shopdb.php on line 13"

Also, I am seeing just simply "There has been a database error" type screens fairly regularly.
seconded

Remove ads