D&D 5E Faction Titles

akr71

Hero
After finishing the LMOP starter set, my group set up shop in the village of Phandalin. Many of the characters accepted the offers extended to them to join one of the Factions (Harpers/Lord's Alliance/Order of the Gauntlet/Emerald Enclave - no one seemed keen on the Zhents).

They've spent the last few (real world) months running through some adventures I wrote for them and will be returning to the village at level 10. These faction memberships & titles are essentially meaningless unless I throw some Faction sponsored tasks to them, which should be easy enough. Is there a list of titles or ranks for the various factions somewhere? Should any of the characters want to rise in the organization, I would like to be able to reward them with appropriate titles.

Of course, I can make these up too, but if there is an official list, I would like to stick to it.

Simonb1

Explorer
Hi,

Yes they are specified in the Adventurers Leageue Players Guide.

There are 5 ranks per faction. I believe that each faction has its own titles.

This is on the WOTC website.

Simon

Last edited:

akr71

Hero
Very helpful. Thank you. I have a feeling the players are more interesting in cementing their own power rather than doing others' bidding, but at least I have something to work with.

akr71

Hero
I see Simon has not provided a link. You can find the Player's Guide here: https://dnd.wizards.com/articles/events/adventurers-league-resources

There is more development of the Faction idea (or, at least, the Harpers and the Zhents) in the Dungeon Master's Guide.

Google put it at the top of the search results regardless. However, that you for your link - I'll take a look through the resources there. Neither me nor my players are keen on AL play, but I am hopeful that introducing high ranking members of the factions will give our adventures the feeling that they are part of a dynamic world - it continues on without them, but they are getting powerful enough that their actions can drastically alter events.

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
http://dndadventurersleague.org/

That has the details of how the D&D Adventurers League uses the factions, as well as the abilities that each faction rank gets. The abilities are very much linked to the Adventurers League program for in store play, but I think it should give a pretty good idea about the kind of things that each rank should provide.

Remove ads