• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fading Suns True20

the_myth

First Post
Venus thinks...

Using her encyclopedic mind, Venus sifts through the history books she has read during her time at school for any useful information about All Saints.

OOC: Knowledge [Academia]: History 7 (+2 INT, +4 Eidetic Memory) +d20 = 30

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Roz tries to think if she ever read about or seen any pieces of art that portrays the destruction of All-Saints...

[sblock="Knowledge Art"]
1d20 + 5= a 8... It was worth a shot..
[/sblock]
... but unfortunately, she is only drawing up a blank.

Karl Green

First Post
Venus and Tarius both have heard or read, that while the precise date is unknown, it was suppose to have been destroyed shortly after the fall of Republic forces Byzantium Secundus to the noble factions and prior to the closer of the Jumpgate in 4012. Local Republican forces lead by the Prime Senator and the noble forces under Count Vassily Alecto clashed within the city and to the north in a large valley. It is said that in a last desperate suicidal act, the Prime Senator released an Atmospheric Intbomb that destroyed all the oxygen in a thousand mile radius, destroying both armies and killing the remaining citizens in the city.

When the planet was rediscovered in 4388, it was thought to be a dead world, but there were a few tribes of nomads surviving in the deserts whom were believed to be the decedents of the various survivors on the planet. Nobles, the Church and the Guilds spent the next two hundred years savaging any and all tech from All-Saints as part of the city was well preserved. Occasionally a hidden trove of forbidden tech is founds in some forgot basement or storage area missed over the years, but it rarely happens these days.

Venus also remembers reading some obscure account that recently that the Avesti has set up a number of outposts on the northern part of the city and in the valley to the north where there is some mining done by the native tribe there. The reason is that it is rumors of resent ‘Husk’ outbreaks in the area.

(OCC –the ‘Husk’ are a form of Undead, like zombies, that no one has been able to scientifically explain, but whom much folklore exists that they are the creation of evil daemons etc.)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
(OCC: I'm assuming the information from the knowledge rolls has not been related to the group prior to this post)

After a moment of thought, a curious smile crossed Roz's lips. "Beyond the usual taboos against technology, is there anything that would prevent an individual from committing the sin of using technology to travel to the forbidden city? Are there machines or anything else in place that would restrict a person from accessing the city through aerial means? Were we to do so, what kind of reaction would we expect from your rivals?"

the_myth

First Post
Venus smiles as well, "Well, we do have our own confessor here, and it would save us a great deal of time."

Suddenly serious, Venus states simply, "I believe time may be of the essence anyway, if we are to get to All Saints in time..."

Karl Green

First Post
Roahto again shurgs and says to Venus "Offworlders and stranges use their machines to move them about everyday. Church-man says that the common folk should not use those machines for it will harm us, but that Nobles and a few others are allowed to, because you have special gifts that make you resistant to the Taint of the Dark. The tribes around All-Saints will not stop you or your machines... so long as you pay their tribute. We can not go with you of course, but it has been an honor to help guide you to your fate..."

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
[OCC: Impulsive (vice) nature]

Roz bowed her head towards Venus and the resit of her companions. "What ever decision you make in terms of heading towards Necropolis or All-Saints is fine." She smiled. "Now if you would excuse me for a moment.."

Roz walks several feet away from the group, well within their range of hearing, and un-clips her squawker from her belt. "I seriously doubt this will work..." She lifts the squawker to her mouth then spoke. "Yoki, this is Roz we are currently at the gargoyle. From our current position it is possible to see sand storm in the west. I'm not sure if it is possible for you to find us, if not don't worry. No matter what, when we meet up at the rendezvous point we will need several up-to-date maps of All-Saints. I will try to send you a message again in a few hours...Over."

She paused and listened to the radio static hoping that she might hear a faint signal while thinking, Maybe I should have searched our camp to see if we had a better radio...

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Tarius grimaces slightly when Roahto refers to the dire warnings of the churchmen against the use of machines, but silently acquiesces acknowledging that perhaps the glory of technology is above the low station of common minds.

He speaks to Lady Hawkwood about the history he recalls before Lady Roz goes off to call the ship.

"Any response?" he asks of her eager to get moving and see what secrets still lie hidden in All Saints...

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Roz frowned. "So far nothing. Unless someone managed to bring along something more powerful then a squaker, it looks like we'll either have to travel back to the rendezvous point or at least to the nearest communication outpost. Either way it'll be some time before we see civilization." She thought for a moment. "No matter what, I"m going to listen for a while longer before trying again in a few hours."

[OCC: Hopefully once she tries during night, the natural phenomena which allows radio waves to travel farther will come into play.]

Karl Green

First Post
Roz is not able to hail anyone that day, but indeed when night comes along, and the group is breaking camp, Tarius and her are able to track a passing ship* that relays there message back to Yoki back at Necropolis. Within two short hours then, the Oceanid appears on the horizon and makes landfall not far from where you had camped.

Strangely, in the darkness, it seems that the statue of the Gargoyle has moved, for it is not where you thought you remember it to be?

Yoki asks “Wells, did ya find what you was looking for? Are we getting off this rock?”.

(OCC –with Tarius cyber-eye enhancement and the fact that ships do fly over the desert fairly regularly as there are is a mining operation and small fort around the southern pole, I don’t see much difficulty in relaying a message :))

Remove ads