Failed Campaigns

AngryTiger

Explorer
How long does campaign need to be on hiatus until it's counted as failed campaign? Since i have never finished a campaign, all the campaigns i have ever run are either failed or in progress. Some of them have just been on hiatus for a decade or two. I tend to get bored of campaigns and put them on a pause and start a new one i find interesting, and then maybe return to the old campaign eventually, maybe(but probably not).

How long does campaign need to be on hiatus until it's counted as failed campaign? Since i have never finished a campaign, all the campaigns i have ever run are either failed or in progress. Some of them have just been on hiatus for a decade or two. I tend to get bored of campaigns and put them on a pause and start a new one i find interesting, and then maybe return to the old campaign eventually, maybe(but probably not).
Three to six months.

Do you warn your players that you are less committed than they may be? I know a GM who is this way; he starts a great campaign, runs it for a few sessions, then gets new inspiration or a new game comes out, and he bails.

Remove ads