Falcon and winter solider

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Is the new serum one-and-done, or do they have to keep taking it?
If it's like all of the other's we've seen thus far it's one and one. But it does seem to be a balance between the Serum+VitaRays of Erskine's method and the blue intravenous liquid given to the Hydra Operatives in CA: CIVIL WAR.

Mostly I'm guessing due to the time between Walker palmed the serum he found and his capabilities on the next day (or two).

MarkB

Legend
If it's like all of the other's we've seen thus far it's one and one. But it does seem to be a balance between the Serum+VitaRays of Erskine's method and the blue intravenous liquid given to the Hydra Operatives in CA: CIVIL WAR.

Mostly I'm guessing due to the time between Walker palmed the serum he found and his capabilities on the next day (or two).
Yeah, the delivery method certainly seems to have been refined. Aside from the whole 'vita rays' thing, Steve Rogers had to get separate injections into each major muscle group. Then the Russian Hydra agents get a slow intravenous drip, and the current serum is presumably a simple injection, since Walker must have administered it to himself without any kind of instruction manual.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Not only that, it is obviously good that half the population isn’t dead. To suggest otherwise is...beyond belief.

I didn't say it wasn't good. I suggested it was not an unalloyed good. As in, good, but with some negative consequences that one really can't overlook.

Like.. pizza, when you're lactose intolerant. It is good, but there will be some issues...

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Is the new serum one-and-done, or do they have to keep taking it?

Context: In the comics, the serum provided by the Power Broker is permanent, but laced with an addictive compound, so folks who get powers are tied to the Broker.

In these shows, there's no sign of that addictive properly, and there's been no word that they'll need more later. I'm guessing it is one and done, and at least long-term, if not as long lasting as what Rogers or Isaiah Bradley got.

Nagel did say he "refined" the thing.

hopeless

Adventurer
I'm still more interested in this series than Wandavision.
I still won't watch this series until I've seen the Black Widow movie.
I know they're probably not going to linked, but that's their problem not mine.
The more I read about this series, the more I'm liking what I'm reading!

tomBitonti

Adventurer
I didn't say it wasn't good. I suggested it was not an unalloyed good. As in, good, but with some negative consequences that one really can't overlook.

Like.. pizza, when you're lactose intolerant. It is good, but there will be some issues...
Points at self. "some issues" is a huge understatement.
Enuf said. Carry on!
TomB

tomBitonti

Adventurer
Yeah, the delivery method certainly seems to have been refined. Aside from the whole 'vita rays' thing, Steve Rogers had to get separate injections into each major muscle group. Then the Russian Hydra agents get a slow intravenous drip, and the current serum is presumably a simple injection, since Walker must have administered it to himself without any kind of instruction manual.
It seems that the effect on Rogers was amplified by the Vita rays. The current batch of super soldiers don't seem to have been enhanced physically to the same extent.
I can't tell if the Russian supersolders were changed. They seem to have started bulked out, so it's hard to tell.
TomB

MarkB

Legend
It seems that the effect on Rogers was amplified by the Vita rays. The current batch of super soldiers don't seem to have been enhanced physically to the same extent.
I can't tell if the Russian supersolders were changed. They seem to have started bulked out, so it's hard to tell.
TomB
That isn't about the Vita rays. The doctor who developed this version of the formula said that he'd designed it to be more refined, without the outward physical changes. It presumably prevents both the Swole effect on Rogers and the red-in-the-face effect on Schmidt.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That isn't about the Vita rays. The doctor who developed this version of the formula said that he'd designed it to be more refined, without the outward physical changes. It presumably prevents both the Swole effect on Rogers and the red-in-the-face effect on Schmidt.

Let us be clear - that's not really a meaningful thing. It is there so actors don't have to bulk up to play the roles in the series.

Remove ads