Falcon and winter solider

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
And they haven't introduced the Mutants yet!
So lets assume Magneto hails from Yugoslavia prior to its collapse in 1995 and make it more about that period instead?

That's one possibility, if separating him from the Holocaust is not deemed too disrespectful.

Or, you make him a kid in the 1970s... in Cambodia1. That'd make him middle-aged now, which works for the character, and also diversifies things a bit.

1. For those not aware, the Cambodian genocide of the 1970s claimed between 1.3 and 3 million lives. Cambodian genocide - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I got a cyberpunk vibe from the visuals and the glimpses of society in Madripoor in today's episode. Hpw is it normally represented in the comics?

Staffan

Legend
There's also the Kitty Pryde/Rogue issue. Nominally, the two come into comics near the same tiem, and the same age - their mid-teens. However, very shortly Rogue is 21+, while Kitty remains 14 for a decade and more.
I was always under the impression that Rogue was a little older than Kitty. Kitty was very specifically introduced as being 13 back in the Dark Phoenix saga, and got to age up (slowly) over the years, with one birthday being celebrated in space during the Brood saga and another while she was in the UK as part of Excalibur (well, the rest of Excalibur was off dimension-hopping at the time). Then things got confused when Warren Ellis took over Excalibur in the 90s and Kitty is apparently old enough to drink and snog Pete Wisdom, who's a proper adult.

Rogue, on the other hand, was consistently portrayed as a young adult. There's no indication in her original appearance fighting the Avengers alongside the Brotherhood that she's considered a child, nor when she and Mystique fight the X-Men some time later. When she's on the bus heading to Westchester to seek Xavier's help the caption describes her as a "young woman". So by the time she joins up, she's probably about 18-19 or so – and this is post-Brood and pre-Excalibur, so Kitty is 14 at the time.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
If Isaiah is a World War II veteran, the Super Soldier serum may not have stopped his aging but it sure as hell slowed it-- Cap and Bucky are over 100 years old, and Isaiah looked to be, maybe, in his sixties.
I don't know how many very active older folks you interact with, but I work with 60+ mechanics every day, and that guy is a jacked 70 year old, at least.
We have precedent for recasting headliners too. See: Hulk.
Well, recasting as you move a property from one studio to another is a different sort of thing. But recasting isn't the biggest problem, it's the idea of taking Steve's ending away without a really, really good story for it.
Huh. Put some bright colors on that jacket....I'm calling it, Walker is a Hydra agent.

Because come on, they're not done with Hydra.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I was always under the impression that Rogue was a little older than Kitty.

Rogue's powers manifest when she's a "young teen". She kisses a boy, gets understandably freaked out, and runs away from home. She then takes up with Mystique - the term used in the comics is "adopted". That's not a term you normally use with an adult - so I find it hard to take her as 17+ at that point.

hopeless

Adventurer
The below is in case it spoils anything from the latest episode.

So if they had access to a variant however weaker of the Erskine Super Soldier formula why isn't there more super soldiers?
I was assuming they didn't perfect the formula until the events of the Black Widow movie where they acquire a sample of the Russian variant and combining both manage to develop the one the Flag Smashers and US Agent is using.
So far they're halfway through the series and it feels odd.

So if they had access to a variant however weaker of the Erskine Super Soldier formula why isn't there more super soldiers?
I was assuming they didn't perfect the formula until the events of the Black Widow movie where they acquire a sample of the Russian variant and combining both manage to develop the one the Flag Smashers and US Agent is using.
Not quite.
Nagel said he was still working on perfecting it for the CIA, using Isaiah's blood, when he got Snapped. When he came back, the program was gone, so he ended up finishing his work for the Power Broker, making 20 doses, that were all stolen by the Flag Smashers. Plus, the Black Widow movie is a prequel about her origin. It is not going to be set in the current time.

MarkB

Legend

They specifically answered this in the episode.
The doctor who was working on cracking the formula based upon Hydra's work and Isaiah's blood samples had got most of the way there - but then he got Snapped. When he came alive again five years later the project had been mothballed. He managed to get hired by the Power Broker to complete his work, and had prepared twenty doses of the formula.

Then Karli and her Flag Smashers stole all 20 doses. They've used some of them to enhance themselves, but still have some in hand.

Remove ads