Falcon and winter solider

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
No. If nothing else, while Marvel and Disney are willing to confront racism, they are not willing to tarnish Captain America himself in that way. Isaiah is the result of trying to re-create Cap.

They were not, perhaps, back when Truth: Red, White and Black was published. Clearly that is no longer the case.

Rogers wasn't exactly a trained scientist. And Bucky showed no other signs of enhancement at that time - 'cuz, really, if he was enhanced, he wouldn't have fallen like that. So, I took that to be his speculation, not a timeline truth.
Bucky wouldn't have survived the fall if he wasn't enhanced. Rogers is no idiot, and had been fighting along side Bucky for a couple of months. He may well have already noticed changes.

Given that Zola also features prominently in Bucky's flashbacks, I'm pretty certain authorial intent is that Zola was involved in the creation of The Winter Soldier.

Last edited:

b917bade08a161a029df6ce0ac011d93.jpg

To the ones here asking about Asian extras in the scenes in Madripoor, I watched it a 2nd time today and definitely saw some in the crowds. Some were borderline, as in, are they black or Indonesian, since they were on and off screen so quickly, and because Indonesians do look different than Chinese or Japanese. A couple of the extras may also be from India. I did not freeze frame anything to make sure. So people can put their anti-Disney pichforks away again.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I'm not enjoying this show nearly as much as Wandvision. It's fine -- I'm not hating it or anything, and I'll watch to the end -- but it's a bit too formulaic for me. I find it slightly boring. I think Loki will be more to my taste.
I understand what you mean. The slow burn mystery of WandaVision was so much more entrancing "what's going on" then here. This has some Marvel(tm) quality action scenes, and we've got enough gnashing of teeth over John Walker, and even Baron Zemo - but somehow isn't as entrancing. We're enjoying it, but not like we were with WandaVision, especially ep 3+.

MarkB

Legend
I understand what you mean. The slow burn mystery of WandaVision was so much more entrancing "what's going on" then here. This has some Marvel(tm) quality action scenes, and we've got enough gnashing of teeth over John Walker, and even Baron Zemo - but somehow isn't as entrancing. We're enjoying it, but not like we were with WandaVision, especially ep 3+.
The stakes are just a bit lower in this one. With WandaVision, even aside from the mystery of how/what/why, there was the question of whether we'd get Vision back and whether Wanda would come out of it intact.

Here, it's nice that Sam and Bucky are teaming up, but I'm not invested in whether they manage to get along, and I'm not even particularly invested in whether Sam winds up becoming Captain America or stays being Falcon.

They also haven't introduced anyone really compelling in the secondary cast. Darcy, Jimmy Woo, Monica were all great in WandaVision and got me immediately interested in where those characters were going, but so far nobody in this series has caught my attention in that respect.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

The two stories might both be ‘Marvel Superhero’ but they are very different genre, with Wandavision being a surreal mystery while Falcon and WS is an action adventure.

While I’d agree that WandaVision was more intellectually compelling and lent itself to weekly speculation and theory crafting, I dont think they should be compared except on a personal impact level. I’m liking both bit for very different reasons - F&WS is fun for the globetrotting adventure and the roster of MCU cameos.

But thats just my opinion

Stalker0

Legend
While I’d agree that WandaVision was more intellectually compelling and lent itself to weekly speculation and theory crafting, I dont think they should be compared except on a personal impact level. I’m liking both bit for very different reasons - F&WS is fun for the globetrotting adventure and the roster of MCU cameos.
It would have been interesting if they had done a weekly format with Wandavision and put out all 6 episodes of FWS right away. As WV is the more "water cooler" like show, I do think the weekly format makes sense to keep the suspence going. For an action adventure like FWS, a more bingable format might be good.

Remove ads