Falcon and winter solider

It would have been interesting if they had done a weekly format with Wandavision and put out all 6 episodes of FWS right away. As WV is the more "water cooler" like show, I do think the weekly format makes sense to keep the suspence going. For an action adventure like FWS, a more bingable format might be good.
Whilst FatWS is certainly more suitable for binge watching, you can see what Disney are trying to do, by having a regular "Friday event TV" as many weeks as possible. They need to spin it out until Loki and The Bad Batch are ready to fill that slot.

In the long term, it seem likely that they will lean into doing more high concept stuff (I suspect Loki will fall into that category) rather than conventional action adventure TV.

cmad1977

Hero
It would have been interesting if they had done a weekly format with Wandavision and put out all 6 episodes of FWS right away. As WV is the more "water cooler" like show, I do think the weekly format makes sense to keep the suspence going. For an action adventure like FWS, a more bingable format might be good.

Bingeable formats don’t really drive retention the way a weekly format does. We wouldn’t even be TALKING about WS episodes if we’d all binged it. Gotta keep folks talking.

Erekose

Eternal Champion
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but does it seem likely that Sam will be put into a situation where he has to take the serum?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
To the ones here asking about Asian extras in the scenes in Madripoor, I watched it a 2nd time today and definitely saw some in the crowds. Some were borderline, as in, are they black or Indonesian, since they were on and off screen so quickly, and because Indonesians do look different than Chinese or Japanese. A couple of the extras may also be from India. I did not freeze frame anything to make sure. So people can put their anti-Disney pichforks away again.

Some in the background is not the majority we'd expect.

And, when valid criticism of the show is described as pitchforks, the problem is not with the criticism.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
To the ones here asking about Asian extras in the scenes in Madripoor, I watched it a 2nd time today and definitely saw some in the crowds. Some were borderline, as in, are they black or Indonesian, since they were on and off screen so quickly, and because Indonesians do look different than Chinese or Japanese. A couple of the extras may also be from India. I did not freeze frame anything to make sure. So people can put their anti-Disney pichforks away again.
You managed to take what was a mild and reasonable criticism and turn it into something... darker.

We simply expressed our disappointment that there were very few SE Asians on an island that is supposed to be located in SE Asia! How that could possibly be an unreasonable position to take, I just don't know.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Thats an interesting theory. I’ve never really thought of Ross as a villain, but his obsessiveness, abusive disregard for Banner and fixation on super soldiers does make for a compelling argument.

Unfortunately we still dont know enough about the state of the World since the blip or the true purpose of the GRC. Personally I’d expect that Ross is a leader of the GRC - it would be interesting if the GRC and the Power Broker are so intimately aligned (of course theyve already done the Hydra infiltrates SHIELD story)

Remove ads