Falcon and winter solider

MarkB

Legend
FYI, there is a new episode of Assembled on Disney+ today with cast and crew interviews and behind-the-scenes of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.
Pretty interesting stuff. I'm always amazed at the amount of CGI that's used in these modern shows / movies simply to achieve small cosmetic effects - like removing awkward folds or fastenings on Sam's new suit. The fact that even detailed visual elements can be changed or created with such perfect fidelity is simultaneously wonderful and rather disturbing.

hopeless

Adventurer
A second season, regardless of the writing its still better than the CW's Batwoman, but not Superman & Lois.
That's understandable, but its got the potential to be much better.
If it can bin the agenda that seems to be effecting everything nowadays.

Dire Bare

Legend
A second season, regardless of the writing its still better than the CW's Batwoman, but not Superman & Lois.
That's understandable, but its got the potential to be much better.
Superhero stories have had this "agenda" you're worried about since the dawn of the genre. Good luck finding a superhero movie or series without it.

These stories are mirrors into our real lives and the problems we face as a society . . . they've never been mindless escapism, not as a genre. Same with most sci-fi, and a lot of fantasy.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

It is effecting everything, that's because it is affecting everyone. Things that impact real people are what make stories relevant.

I mean, really - Cap was created to punch Nazis. You you want a show about a character that's supposed to be the embodiment of truth and justice, and the best we can be to not reference injustices in the world? Come on!

I prefer to watch a tv show that has something to say, rather than one that doesn't.

And this show had a very strong message and tackled some very topical issues. I hope that if there is to be a season 2, they continue to send a message. Call it an agenda if you will. I call it meaning and purpose.

However, I do hope they stay clear from the preaching that they did in the last episode.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases