Falcon and winter solider

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Unfortunately, humans have a great ability to hate anyone who does not look like them.
They can even look like them! In small enough communities, people become mistrustful of those that they do not personally know! And sometimes hate the village over the hill! (Of course, when faced with a common enemy that does not look like them, those that look more alike will usually side together.)

Tribal, we all are, sadly.

They can even look like them! In small enough communities, people become mistrustful of those that they do not personally know! And sometimes hate the village over the hill! (Of course, when faced with a common enemy that does not look like them, those that look more alike will usually side together.)

Tribal, we all are, sadly.

Humanity will never eliminate all the biases we have, but we need to somehow eliminate the crossing of the line from dislike to hate, from internal to external, where it turns into discrimination and violence. This show was good about these matters, but the people that really need this lesson will refuse to watch it and will stay in their little bubble of hate and fear and ignorance and mistrust.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Humanity will never eliminate all the biases we have, but we need to somehow eliminate the crossing of the line from dislike to hate, from internal to external, where it turns into discrimination and violence. This show was good about these matters, but the people that really need this lesson will refuse to watch it and will stay in their little bubble of hate and fear and ignorance and mistrust.
I think it’s more important for Cap to tell people they need to stand up and say something when they see injustice, than it is for him to try and tell people to not be unjust.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
How effective was it as criticism if you have to tell me after the fact to think of it that way?
For perspective, it came across as exactly that to me. It’s a fairly common way to express criticism. Heck, multiple did it in the wandavision thread.

hopeless

Adventurer
Watched that video and quite liked it.
Enough to wonder what if Nagel rather than perfecting the serum has been testing a flawed one based on Bradley's blood.
The haphazard process that gave him his abilities rendered any serum made from his blood very dangerous to anyone not related to him.
Thus the illness Kari is seeking vaccines for is directly tied to the faulty serum as Nagel is preying on the homeless as test subjects to perfect his serum and in the process is slowly causing an epidemic regular medicine can't treat.
Zemo learns about it because his butler the one family tie he has left came down with the illness and was saved with a blood transfusion from the same person who saved Kari's life.
The butler helped fund her efforts to treat the homeless and in return learned that a faulty super soldier serum was responsible which leads to Zemo being willing to help Sam and Bucky to eliminate this threat to everybody.
Sorry that's even more of a fan fic, but as I said I liked that tweak!

moriantumr

Explorer
I drive a 14 year old around pretty often, I have been caring for him about 10 years, and he loves this show. We have discussed issues of race and justice frequently over the past year, and nothing has really made him understand racism and its consequences until he watched the show. He came to me and told me what he learned. He, like many, like comics and the marvel universe because it is exciting and relatable. He was able to see the pain that Isaiah Bradley had, and see how Sam chose to respond to that pain, as well as his own. I was proud of him, and appreciate this show even more because it is helping people with its message.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
For perspective, it came across as exactly that to me.

That's nice. Congrats, I guess. You with the prize.

It’s a fairly common way to express criticism. Heck, multiple did it in the wandavision thread.

Noting a bit here and there is one thing. After the fact, rewriting the entire series, episode by episode, to meet your own preferences... well, whatever. Not gonna die on this hill.

Remove ads