Fall of the 14th Kingdom (OOC)

Arkhandus

First Post
Loot from the ruins

Accumulated loot from the trip from Hanten Ganbaru to the ancient ruin and back, including loot from inside the ruin and everything that was fought on the way there and back. Figure out what you'll sell, what you'll keep, and who will keep what. You have 6 people to divide the loot between (Path, Slassz, Keen, Phyi, Cyst, and Viktor). It would also be a good idea to decide what materials or magic items you may want to buy from the tsukai and kannushi in Hanten Ganbaru.

Most items sell for half their market price unless you go to significant effort to haggle and make some good skill checks in-play. I included sale prices for most items in this list, but I'm not going to bother doing so for the rest of the mundane items. Coins, trade bars, gems, precious stones, art pieces, jewelry, rare inks, spell components, and spellbook inscription reagents sell for full value. Items in this list have already been appraised and identified, for the sake of expediency, but I have not included appraissal/identification costs, so you will have to pay some gold for that purpose in the next session.

The potions, elixirs, and scrolls have been identified by Cyst, Phyi, or Viktor already, some during the trip and others during the downtime in Hanten Ganbaru, so you don't have to pay for those to be ID'd. I'm assuming that Cyst ID's the spellbook himself at no cost, since the only magic property it has besides the obvious fire immunity is waterproofing, and that's easy enough to determine.

The "items of unknown value" section is stuff you can't just sell to average merchants, mages, or priests in town. You'll have to find buyers for that stuff in-character during play, either this week or in a later session when you visit a bigger city, or just ditch that stuff. The journal requires spells to decipher, but is unlikely to be of much value since it's nonmagical and rather old. The maps are decades or centuries out-of-date but appear to detail the region where Hanten Ganbaru and the ruins now exist, so they might have some value to other adventurers or the like. The trap schematics would be of some value to some trapsmiths, burglars, tomb-robbers, or assassins, if you can manage to find any in-character to sell them to. The hill giant's bowl, spoon, and knife are of little value except as curios or something, and only to the right collector or eccentric fellow (or another giant, maybe, if you can find one that will talk and trade with you).

COINAGE AND TRADE BARS
82 Platinum Pieces
1,402 Gold Pieces
611 Silver Pieces
370 Copper Pieces
9 Platinum Bars (4,500 GP total)
13 Gold Bars (650 GP total)
2 Silver Bars (10 GP total)

GEMS AND PRECIOUS STONES
800 GP Fire Opal
300 GP Aquamarine
40 GP Rose Quartz
4 Large Amethysts (360 GP total)
8 Smaller Amethysts (560 GP total)

ART & JEWELRY
80 GP Small Gold Torc
1,200 GP Fire Opal Pendant on a Fine Gold Chain
600 GP Solid Gold Idol of a Tsukari Yamakami (a Mountain God)
400 GP Brass Urn with Jade Inlays
320 GP Bejeweled Grooming Items
600 GP Assorted Jewelry
120 GP Ornate Golden Goblet
400 GP Bejeweled Ivory Dagger Sheath
440 GP Silvered Dagger with Lapis Lazuli Pommel
105 GP Empty Gold Locket on Silver Chain Necklace
60 GP Colorful Wall-Hanging
20 GP Nice Rug
900 GP Ornamental Dagger in Gem-Studded Fancy Sheath
10 GP Wooden Lion Carving
60 GP Rampant Wyvern Ivory Figurine

SPELL COMPONENTS
Spell Component Pouch (5 GP)
2 Golden Pearls (200 GP total, Identify components)
Diamond Dust (400 GP, component for various spells)
Powdered Diamond & Opal (400 GP, Symbol components)
Marked Bones (25 GP, Augury focus)
Incense (25 GP, Augury component)
Powdered Silver (100 GP, component for various spells)
3 Eye Ointments (750 GP total, True Seeing components)
Black Onyx (25 GP, Animate Dead component)
Black Onyx (50 GP, Animate Dead component)
Black Onyx (75 GP, Animate Dead component)
Black Onyx (100 GP, Animate Dead component)
Black Onyx (125 GP, Animate Dead component)
Black Onyx (150 GP, Animate Dead component)
Black Onyx (175 GP, Animate Dead component)
Black Onyx (200 GP, Animate Dead component)

WRITING MATERIALS
2 Scroll Cases
12 Paper Sheets
14 Parchment Sheets
6 Rare Ink Vials (Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red, Violet) (16 GP each)
11 Inkpens
3 Black Ink Vials (8 GP each or 4 GP each if sold)
Sealing Wax (1 pound)
5 Envelopes (5 SP each or 25 CP if sold)
Spellbook Inscription Materials (500 GP worth of red dragon's blood and other reagents, sufficient for 5 spellbook pages)

MUNDANE ARMS AND ARMOR
Spatha (Longsword) (15 GP or 7 GP and 5 SP if sold)
4 Masterwork Spathas (Longswords) (1,260 GP total or 730 GP if sold)
4 Composite Shortbows (allows +2 Str to dmg) (900 GP total or 450 GP if sold)
Composite Shortbow (allows +4 Str to dmg) (375 GP or 187 GP and 5 SP if sold)
246 Arrows (22 GP and 30 CP or 11 GP and 15 CP if sold)
7 Chain Shirts (700 GP or 350 GP if sold)
5 Masterwork Chain Shirts (1,250 GP or 625 GP if sold)
Masterwork Scutum (Heavy Steel Shield) (170 GP or 85 GP if sold)
6 Longswords (90 GP or 45 GP if sold)
6 Battleaxes (60 GP or 30 GP if sold)
10 Longspears (50 GP or 25 GP if sold)
5 Daggers (10 GP or 5 GP if sold)
12 Javelins (12 GP or 6 GP if sold)
4 Banded Mail Armors (1,000 GP or 500 GP if sold)
2 Chainmail Armors (300 GP or 150 GP if sold)
2 Spears (4 GP or 2 GP if sold)
4 Short Swords (40 GP or 20 GP if sold)
2 Heavy Steel Shields (40 GP or 20 GP if sold)
2 Splintmail Armors (400 GP or 200 GP if sold)

MUNDANE MISCELLANY
6 Whetstones
36 Waterskins
12 Trail Rations
2 Small Steel Mirrors
100-ft. Hempen Rope
Masterwork Flute (100 GP or 50 GP if sold, weight 3 lbs.)
4 Masterwork Manacles
2 Masterwork Mason's Tools
Masterwork Metalworker's Tools
Masterwork Thieves' Tools
Masterwork Tinkerer's Tools
Masterwork Woodcarver's Tools
4 Tindertwigs
Sunrod
3 Courtier's Outfits
4 Noble's Outfits
Small Courtier's Outfit (same value as Medium)
Large Sack (2 SP or 1 SP if sold, weight 1 lb., holds twice as much)
Large Charcoal Piece (2 CP or 1 CP if sold)
Large Candle (2 CP or 1 CP if sold, burns twice as long)

ITEMS OF UNKNOWN VALUE
Strange Journal
Map Case with Unfamiliar Maps
Trap Schematics
Large Gorillon-Skull Bowl
Large Femur-Carved Spoon
Large Stone Knife

MAGIC ARMS AND ARMOR
+1 Morningstar (2,308 GP or 1,154 GP if sold)
+1 Breastplate (1,350 GP or 675 GP if sold)
+1 Spatha (Longsword) (2,315 GP or 1,157 GP and 5 SP if sold)
+1 Composite Shortbow (allows +3 Str to dmg) (2,600 GP or 1,300 GP if sold)
+1 Heavy Darkwood Shield (1,257 GP or 628 GP and 5 SP if sold)

PERMANENT WONDROUS ITEMS
Red Dragonhide Spellbook with Adamantine Clasp (strong Abjuration, caster level 12th, item saves at +8, Hardness 5 or 20 vs sundering, HP 5, Open Lock DC 30, weight 6 lbs., Waterproof and Immune to Fire, holds various wizard spells, 100/100 pages filled) (virtually priceless)
Periapt of Wisdom +2 (4,000 GP or 2,000 GP if sold)
Amulet of Health +2 (4,000 GP or 2,000 GP if sold)
Cloak of Charisma +2 (4,000 GP or 2,000 GP if sold)
Bracers of Armor +3 (9,000 GP or 4,500 GP if sold)
Boots of Striding and Springing (5,500 GP or 2,750 GP if sold)
Boots of the Winterlands (2,500 GP or 1,250 GP if sold)
Pearl of Power (2nd-level) (4,000 GP or 2,000 GP if sold)
Minor Circlet of Blasting (6,480 GP or 3,240 GP if sold)
Silver Raven Figurine of Wondrous Power (3,800 GP or 1,900 GP if sold)

EXPENDABLE WONDROUS ITEMS
Gem of Brightness (30 charges remaining) (7,800 GP or 3,900 GP if sold)
Necklace of Fireballs Type IV (one 8d6 bead, two 6d6 beads, two 4d6 beads, four 2d6 beads) (5,400 GP or 2,700 GP if sold)
Brooch of Shielding (14 points remaining) (208 GP or 104 GP if sold)
Brooch of Shielding (72 points remaining) (1,020 GP or 510 GP if sold)
Brooch of Shielding (24 points remaining) (350 GP or 125 GP if sold)
Candle of Truth (2,500 GP or 1,250 GP if sold)
Stone Salve (4,000 GP or 2,000 GP if sold)
Dust of Illusion (1,200 GP or 600 GP if sold)
Universal Solvent (50 GP or 25 GP if sold)
Silversheen Vial (250 GP or 125 GP if sold)
Elixir of Sneaking (250 GP or 125 GP if sold)
Elixir of Fire Breath (1,100 GP or 550 GP if sold)
2 Elixirs of Swimming (500 GP total or 250 GP if sold)
2 Elixirs of Vision (500 GP total or 250 GP if sold)
Robe of Useful Items (2 patches for a dagger, patch for a bullseye lantern, patch for a 2x4-ft. steel mirror, 2 patches for a 10-ft. pole, 2 patches for a 50-ft. hempen rope, patch for one sack, 2 patches for a mule with saddlebags, 2 patches for a 12-ft. rowboat, patch for 10 red garnets worth 100 GP each, 2 patches for a 10x10x10-ft. open pit, patch for a 6x6x12-in. silver coffer worth 500 GP, patch for a 2x4x2-ft. window, patch for a 24-ft. wooden ladder, patch for 2 war dogs/riding dogs) (7,000 GP or 3,500 GP if sold)

POTIONS
Potion of Cure Serious Wounds (5th-level) (750 GP or 375 GP if sold)
Potion of See Invisibility (3rd-level) (300 GP or 150 GP if sold)
Potion of Bull's Strength (3rd-level) (300 GP or 150 GP if sold)
Potion of Invisibility (3rd-level) (300 GP or 150 GP if sold)
8 Potions of Cure Moderate Wounds (3rd-level) (300 GP each or 150 GP each if sold)
Potion of Shield of Faith (3rd-level) (150 GP or 75 GP if sold)
Potion of Divine Favor (3rd-level) (150 GP or 75 GP if sold)
Potion of Speak with Animals (3rd-level) (150 GP or 75 GP if sold)
Potion of Expeditious Retreat (3rd-level) (150 GP or 75 GP if sold)
Potion of Cure Light Wounds (1st-level) (50 GP or 25 GP if sold)

SCROLLS
Arcane Scroll (9th-level, Teleport) (1,125 GP or 562 GP and 5 SP if sold)
Divine Scroll (5th-level, Remove Blindness/Deafness, Magic Circle against Good, Obscure Object, and Invisibility Purge) (1,500 GP or 750 GP if sold)

Last edited:

Arkhandus

First Post
Red Dragonhide Spellbook

Ark - in terms of new spells...depending on what is in this red leather dragon scale spell book....when cyst gets back to Hanten Ganbaru he will look to backfill some older lower level spells:
see invisibility, gust of wind, grease, rope trick, scrying, evard's black tentacles, monster summoning IV, stoneskin, comprehend languages, phantasmal killer.......a few 5th's wouldn't hurt......baleful polymorph...cloudkill...wall of force..summon monster V...all good. It is nice to have a big fat spell book but at the end of the day you still only have X number of slots and I find myself wishing I had cued up something different every day...orb of sonic would have been perfect vs that caraytid column....a few lightning bolts would have nice vs the dire wolves....you try to prepare a little bit of this trying to anticipate almost anything....and you wind up coming close to having something suitable for a lot of encounters....but with little spell depth.

Basic details on the spellbook are noted above in the treasure list, except for the specific spells it contains. The spellbook has Endure Elements, Mage Armor, Shield, Rope Trick, Scorching Ray, See Invisibility, Dispel Magic, Fireball, Fly, Black Tentacles, Phantasmal Killer, Scrying, Stoneskin, Fabricate, Summon Monster V, Teleport, Disintegrate, Energy Immunity (from Tome & Blood), Greater Dispel Magic, Stone to Flesh, Limited Wish, Power Word Blind, and Summon Monster VII. Plus one page of nonmagical notes in the same unidentified language as the other writings in the ruins.

I rolled for each spell you asked about, 50% chance, and included the spells that were needed to create some of the magic items in the loot, plus a semi-random selection of other spells (d% rolls for each spell I figured the former owner might have studied).

Arkhandus

First Post
A rough calculation of what I expect you might sell and what you might keep results in approximately 18,000 GP worth of stuff per person. The spellbook can roughly be estimated at 16,000 GP or so in value, but that's a very rough estimate since it's unique (it could be worth more or less to different wizards; in Cyst's case, it includes a few spells that he already knows, so those pages aren't worth anything to him). Depending on what you actually choose to sell and what you decide to keep, the treasure shares may vary.

tomm

First Post
Scroll request for Irinijia Silverbough

Basically I am interested in backfilling some low level spells:

gust of wind, grease, comprehend languages, wind wall, knock, whispered wind to send Irinijia messages from outside of the tower. I made a big blunder working on my node. I thought I hit the clone button and I accidentally deleted my 8th level node.....yikes. Clone and delete are adjacent to each other and I couldn't find anything on openrpg to undo what I did. I basically recreated the 8th level node to the best I could remember it. I quoted my outstanding XP in the chat....so if you have the log it is there..somewhere around 38100 XP. I learned something anyway. I copied the log from last night when I logged off. But I was in one of the whisper tabs when I copied it to a HTML file.. So instead of copying the general chat I only got the whisper tab....now I know you can do that.

Arkhandus

First Post
I do have your 8th-level node, Cyst, though the XP total wasn't up-to-date since it was from when you first hit 8th-level. I'll send it to you next session. However, you really should save your character-sheet node to its own file after updating it for a new level or the like, then you can load it back onto the gametree later if you ever delete it or suffer a gametree-file corruption due to computer errors.

I generally save my whisper-tab logs separately. But yeah, you can save each chat-tab's log, one by one.

You already learned last time that Irinajia doesn't know the Grease spell (nor Black Tentacles, both of which Cyst asked about on the group's first visit to her tower). She also doesn't know Gust of Wind or Whispering Wind, but you might ask Nidan Higuchi. Irinajia can make scrolls of Wind Wall, Knock, and Comprehend Languages for Cyst.

tomm

First Post
can you send me the main chat log from last session per email?

I think I have the 8 level cyst rebuilt fairly accurately.....because cyst was in the wildernis when level 8 was reached....there was no change in money, scrolls, physical items perse. I backup my character using Microsoft excel. If you have a minute to send me per email the HTML files for last session's log and the cyst 8th level node i'll proof it and have the 9th level node ready to go.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
We've closed down the 13 Kingdoms sub-forums. You're still using this thread, so I've moved it to the PbP forum "Talking the Talk."

Remove ads