Fall of the 14th Kingdom (OOC)

Dragonwriter

First Post
Amin and Zoe have connected also... It would seem that you're getting stuck right now... You might need to restart your computer (works for Ark), or try re-opening the regular OpenRPG program. Just don't un-install and re-install it (it will do nothing and take too long).

Arkhandus

First Post
We've moved to Mayhem Gaming server now, since folks are having trouble staying connected to Roleplay Refugees. Dragonwriter, Amin, Zoe, and myself have been able to get on OpenRPG just fine. However, I haven't seen or heard from Adoroar or Phyi tonight, so I dunno if they're having problems or not themselves.

Your computer might be having trouble connecting to the new OpenRPG Metaserver or the OpenRPG website, somehow, but I dunno Tomm. OpenRPG did move to a Google-based metaserver this week, but I dunno why or how that could be causing a problem.

I think I'll just cancel the session for tonight, dangit. Too many problems tonight, for some reason. We'll try again next week, by which point OpenRPG Dev II should be back on the server list or something. If not, we can connect to it by putting
openrpg.wrathof.com
in the Address bar of the Browse Server screen in OpenRPG. Dev II is still online, just not connected to the new Metaserver, so it doesn't appear in the server list currently.

Arkhandus

First Post
10-11-09 XP and Loot

Alright, sorry for not posting this earlier in the week, but I got heavily sidetracked in the middle of the week.

This stuff will be listed again on OpenRPG before I start today's session, but here's the XP and loot from the most recent sahuagin fight and such.

XP:
Adoroar: 1,950
Amin: 1,650
Cyst: 2,100
Phyi: 1,500
Slassz: 1,700
Tetsu: 2,200
Zoe: 1,850

Group Loot:
11 Tridents
11 Sahuagin Heavy Crossbows
1 Masterwork Trident
1 Masterwork Sahuagin Heavy Crossbow
108 Crossbow Bolts
1 Suit of Magical +1 Bone Armor (2,170 gp value, weight 20 lbs., light armor, +4 AC, max Dex to AC is +4, armor check -2, arcane spell failure 15%)
1 Oil of Magic Weapon (1st-level caster, 50 gp value)
1 Kelp Scroll of Barkskin and Lesser Restoration (3rd-level divine caster, 300 gp value)
1 Kelp Scroll of Magic Stone (1st-level divine caster, 25 gp value)
1 silver necklace with moonstones (600 gp value)
1 blue diamond pendant on gold chain (2,900 gp value)
1 Tanglefoot Bag (glass orb filled with goo)
4 Thunderstones
1 Antitoxin
195 gold coins
600 silver coins

Also, each PC gets 24 platinum coins and 1 gold coin from Keiren Zhao for the sahuagin heads and one day's patrol.

Dragonwriter

First Post
I might be a bit late tonight... Should be no more than half an hour late, but just wanted to let you know, just in case.

EDIT: Okay, I'm home in plenty of time. I'll be on Dev II at the proper time.

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Ark, I got kicked off Dev II for some reason...

I will keep trying to reconnect, but the last 15 attempts in the past few minutes have done nothing...

If it matters, Tetsu will try to use Tactical Strike and Crusader's Strike as much as possible, with Douse the Flames being his fall-back if neither of those are available. Slassz will keep beating on the trolls, switching to Vigor if people take too many hits.

EDIT: I see Dev II is back on the server list now... But it won't connect for me. As of 8 PM PST...

2nd EDIT: Finally back on. And others are showing back up too. We should be able to continue. And I managed to save a log before we got kicked in case you need one.

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Ark, I will be out-of-comission for this game as well, up until January 10th. Do you need me to pass Slassz and Tetsu's nodes to you?

Currently, Slassz is ECL 6 and Tetsu is level 5. I think I managed to get you the latest nodes already, but I can get on Dev II this evening. I just can't manage to stick around to game.

If you continue with the Ankheg fight we began last session, Slassz will do his usual routine of Power aura and slicing at the thing. If people aren't hitting regularly, he'll switch to Energy Shield, since that thing is likely to have very high accuracy. And if people go unconscious or look pretty banged up, he'll go to Vigor.

Tetsu will focus on using Crusader's Strike to heal whoever is in the worst shape and nearest to him (due to the 10 ft. range limit). He'll use Tactical Strike as his next choice, followed by Vanguard/Leading the Attack to boost allies. He will be up for regularly shifting position with 5-ft. steps to set up flanks with anyone whenever possible. He will try to use his ranseur as much as possible, keeping the monster at a slight range so it is easier to make a retreat, if it comes to that.

Arkhandus

First Post
Yeah, I'll be running the session tonight and NPCing Slassz/Tetsu. Not likely to be a game next week or the week after that, anyway, but I will be trying to get the gaint ankheg fight done tonight.

I'll be using whatever copies of the nodes I have right now.

tomm

First Post
December 27

hey ark - it seems like I should be able to get high speed access for Sunday night....if you can round up the rest of the gang. cyst.

Arkhandus

First Post
Well, I had expected us not to have enough people for the 27th and the 3rd/4th or whatever, so I hadn't checked here early enough.....

Anyway, game resumes this Sunday! Hopefully we'll see everyone there, but I'm not sure yet. Adoroar might still be MIA, probably another computer problem for all I know.

Dragonwriter

First Post
As you undoubtedly saw in the other OOC threads, Ark, my computer seems to be dying. Please NPC Slassz and Tetsu until I return. However, if you wish to not be stuck with that, I will understand. Just please give me a way back in, if you do write them out.

As with the other threads, I will try to get on and update this one when possible. I hope to be back online by March. Good luck while I'm gone!

Remove ads