• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fall of the Broken

Zurai

First Post
"We still need the key to get back out of the vault, though. Does Lord Brannick always carry the key on him, or does he leave them in his office? I'm afraid pickpocketing is not in my extensive list of talents."

[sblock=OOC]Heretics! Prestidigitation is one of the best spells in the game! You can do anything that doesn't have an immediate mechanical effect with it, and it lasts for an hour![/sblock]

Need_A_Life

First Post
"As far as I know he never lets it out of his sight," Rurin says, "I'd say you were insane to even consider it, but I should've done that waay back in this conversation"

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Frundor makes a final nod to Olot before he proceeds inside the hose again. He speaks clear "My comrades. My associate and I have something to inform you. Since we are working together, we can't hold secrets that might compromise the mission. We have discuss the repercussions of this revelation, and decided that you should know.
Today, before our meeting in the inn, we had a little incident with the law of this city. I was disturbed by the depreciative look the people gave us. It makes me mad. So I replied, in a serious tone. The commoners around us got scared and called up a guard. The elf was a prejuicius as them, and he started calling us scum, and that we should leave the city, for our own sake. Furious inside, but calmly, we make our way out, not before we responds to those insults. The man, obviously to proud, decided to attack us when we was leaving. And there is a reason you see us now. I think you have understand our situation."

//Bluf +7//

Zurai

First Post
Need_A_Life said:
"As far as I know he never lets it out of his sight," Rurin says.

Finn shakes his head. "Then I cannot acquire the key. There must be some other way to get out of one of the vaults ... or ... do the doors automatically close when someone enters, or do the guards close it? In other words, if we knock out the guards - nonlethally, of course, I'm not an assassin - can we get what we need and get out without worrying about the second key?" He looks at Rurin questioningly.

Voda Vosa said:
He speaks clear "My comrades. My associate and I have something to inform you. Since we are working together, we can't hold secrets that might compromise the mission. We have discuss the repercussions of this revelation, and decided that you should know.
Today, before our meeting in the inn, we had a little incident with the law of this city. I was disturbed by the depreciative look the people gave us. It makes me mad. So I replied, in a serious tone. The commoners around us got scared and called up a guard. The elf was a prejuicius as them, and he started calling us scum, and that we should leave the city, for our own sake. Furious inside, but calmly, we make our way out, not before we responds to those insults. The man, obviously to proud, decided to attack us when we was leaving. And there is a reason you see us now. I think you have understand our situation."

Finn frowns fiercely at the pair. "So, what are you telling us? You killed a guard of the watch? At least you're telling us now, rather than after you're arrested upon stepping foot in the House Kundarak lobby..." He sighs, "I suppose we'll have to re-think that part of the plan, now. By the time we're ready to do this, your descriptions will be all over the city - justified or not."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
I do not claim innocent in this matter. I admit that I did say my share of words, although I made no move but to leave the guard. I have the wound on my side to show for trying to walk past the elf. I claim fault in letting the situation go as far as it did, although I honestly think such a fate was destined to happen, Olot states matter-of-factly. I must believe that I have shown you so far that I do not go around drawing unwanted attention on purpose, as if I had, surely there would of been an incident earlier when this man followed you into the building. He said, pointing at the man who still hasnt' introduced himself to Olot. And the little one would of been dead on the street, merely for how I was approached. He paused and added, No, I am not innocent nor guilty. I am as any of my race are, pre-judged. A victim of a world which hates half our blood, and cares little for the other half. I know each of you felt strangely upon my appearance the first time, and would expect little else. This lot seems like the kind who is more accepting of others, so imagine what one with a hardened heart would do. Olot pats Frundor on the back, This man, I have been beside for many, many years. He is responsible for me retaining possession of my life. I could not imagine my side without him. I know and accept the world for how little they understand of us both. Judge us how you will, but do so fairly. A fair shot is what a man; human, elf, gnome, or half-orc ......a man can ask for, nothing more. Judge as you may. Olot stands a half step ahead of Frundor, readying himself to step in from of him, should something bad occur.

I shall still go to the front of the house if you desire. A wanted half-orc could bring quite a few guards out.

ooc: sorry that was so long, I wanted him to make his case lol. Um......if that should be a bluff check or whatever I will leave up to you to decide. I didn't roll it because he isnt' actually lying lol. He admitted his guilt and asked to have them see the world through the punished eyes of a half-orc.

Need_A_Life

First Post
Rurin answers the question quickly, "Neither, actually. The door closes when an the deposit boxes are opened, preventing people from simply stealing keys and sneaking in. And the guards are usually hard to sneak by, being trained to recognize changelings and the likes."

Frundor then enters, spilling their secrets followed by Olot's speech of racism in the cities of Khovaire. Rurin shifts a little in his chair, so his face is hidden from the two's view and mouthes to Finn: is he always this way

OOC:
Bluff and sense motive in an in-group dispute are really up to you people. Victor and Rurin are essentially irrelevant in this situation.
((Victor - while an inquisitor - has to look through fingers with such things as long as you're working with his brother and Rurin is already breaking the law by assisting criminals, so I see no need for you to roll any checks in this dialogue.))

Also, once you feel your plan is finished, please note so in an OOC, so that I know when there's consensus to move the game along.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"If there is someone to blame, it should be my quick tongue. The guard death was his own fault, he draw his blade and hurt Olot, what I can not forgive. Now that I think of it... I don't know if the elf is death... we saw him fall, but we don't know if he was death of unconscious. Ethier way, we could mount the distraction you need, a half orc and a fiend blooded man murderers could be quite distracting. " Frundor says.

mcnathan80

First Post
Hashkavak frowns at this turn events, wondering if the guard was the same one the kalashtar guard told him about.
"Well, this certainly complicates things, however, maybe two wanted felons will be just what we need to cause the appropriate distraction coupled with Meredith's pet while we sneak inside could possibly work, any other ideas?"

Need_A_Life

First Post
OOC: Seeing as how no one has posted yet, I'll take that as a hint that there's nothing more to be said in this scene. If you have simply been unable to post for a while, say so in your next post and we'll fix it then.
Assuming no objections, this concludes Part I of this adventure and I'd like to reward you all with a level-up... you'll likely need it, anyway (just to avoid the misconception of me being nice). The level-up is to be posted in the Rogue's Gallery thread

"Very well. Tomorrow at this time, there'll be an unmarked package delivered to this address. It'll contain the uniforms you need. I suggest you spend your time until then preparing," Rurin starts to walk towards the door, stopping to open it and turning his head towards all of you, "Good luck," he says as he disappears out onto the street.

Soon after Victors disguise drops and his appearance returns to his old, "That's what I hate about this town; a thousand little evils like him wandering the streets because he's too valuable in our work to put away." He stands up. "But, I shan't be bothering you any longer. It's time to tell my brother you're more than worthy of his trust - however little that means. I hope we'll see each other again some day," his gaze turns to look at Frundor and Olot, "Just clean up your act before we meet again, will you? Despite your unique charms, I do serve the law of the land and I'd hate for this relationship to sour..."

Remove ads