Famous characters in your gaming group.

Ferret

Explorer
Alot like the thread about phrases, what character you created has stuck with your gaming group?

I made an enemy for my players to go against, called Jazzlecrack; He is so memorable because he was an insane lizard man who only spoke the word "JAZZLECRACK!" My group was in tears in seconds.

What about you?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Moe the dwarven theif. He ran a brothel with such things as the Slippery Room and the Jiggly Room. He also wore a pair of Boxer Shorts of Holding... because he said he needed to.

Belen

Adventurer
A halfling named.......

Evenstar D. Stroyer, Dragonslayer

He kept adding titles and surnames after each of our accomplishments. Evenstar and my character did not get along. He once shattered my character after he died (winter wyrm; frozen by breath weapon.) The other members of the party had to pick up enough thawing pieces for a ressurection.

Also, he had this habit of climbing the berzerker and riding him.

So sad....

But funny!

Dave

Belen

Adventurer
Oh! There was another one that was hilarious!

He played a barb. Now, this guy walks into a Inn one day and asks the innkeep for a "Fowl fowl". The GM looks at him for a moment, then say, "ayup, I'll give you the foulest fowl I have. Been running him around the yard for a loooong time. He's liable to break a tooth."

Of course, this guy raged at the worst moments. He felt that anyone who insulted him deserved to die. Unfortunately, the next day, a constable insulted him, and he raged, and the party had to take him down.

Thresher

First Post
Uncle Bunky

Psychotic clown with a meat cleaver which a pathological hatred of anyone shorter than he was.
Ever 30mins I'd roll a D8 and pick a new alignment.
It would take too long to give you a list of Bunk's adventures, but lets just say it involved a lot of homicide on an epic scale. He was a human fighter I made as a joke back in 1993 in 2E for a set of particully silly games no PC was meant to survive, least of all a stock 2E fighter.

But he lived.
I dunno how, but he lived and we put it down to the clownsuit which must have had magical properties similar to 'Jason' out of the splat flicks.
We'd be surrounded by good on all sides, fireballs raining down like rain, all the uber PC's dropping like blades of grass under a mower... and out from under the pile of corpses this 'thing' would crawl out and butcher everything within a a clever swing.

So, many years have past.
We'll kick in a door and the DM says, 'its a room full of bunks'
Theres a quiet pause for a bit. People eye character sheets with a worried look.
"Not those types of bunks"
*An audiable sigh of releif*

Knightcrawler

First Post
One character that I played for a very long time and through many gaming groups was rather memorable. He was a human cleric of Tempus (God of War), nearly 7 feet tall and strong as an ox. One party I played in consisted of my human cleric, a dwarven fighter, a gnome illusionist and a gnome thief.

Now my character had boots of striding and springing along with a belt of giant strength. We always had the problem of all the other characters keeping up with my cleric, especially with the boots. So we had special armor made with hand grips and I would carry the rest of the party. It was a hilarious sight to see my huge cleric in his bloodstained, spiked armor running along with these three little guys on his back, but it worked.

Last edited:

BlackMoria

First Post
In my long standing campaign (some 25 years), it is a dwarf called Steeleye Skullcleaver, once a character and now a NPC. Everyone loves Steeleye and I enjoy speaking in character for him.

He is memorable for his personality and players enjoy his antics and colloquoisms.

He is my campaign's iconic character. Everytime we do a new campaign, Steeleye makes an appearance. Just like a Hitchcock movie (in which Hitchcock would appear as a silent extra), Steeleye could be just a interesting character in the background that the characters observed, or he could be a character in with which the characters could interact with or adventure with.

Some of my long standing players still tell stories of past dealings with Steeleye to this day.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
"Jumpy" Lacemaker

Pretty much a generic thief, except that the player invented a "Mentor" that Jumpy was always quoting (Almar Kesher) that none of us had ever heard of.

Also, he ws the first PC that we as a group always referred to by the character's name OOC rather than the player's.

Henry

Autoexreginated
The most memorable would have to be a 2nd edition half-elf mage named Darboz one of my players created. A devout worshipper of Odin, this was the PC who gave the phrase "Ah, Screw It," the same gravity as the phrase, "DefCon 1."

That was his phrase he used at the start of any round he was throwing a fireball in enclosed quarters. :) Given his level, and the amount of hit points your average mid-level D&D character had, it was the cue to get out of the area by any means possible - even stepping on fellow party members to do it.

I really miss darboz, sometimes. :)

Moe Ronalds

First Post
Not really a single character so much as a species, my fellow players have been entertained by what DID start out as a single creature: The Winged Octobunny.

Winged Octobunnies are basically everything the name implies- rabbit-like beings with long necks and sometimes arms ending in three fingered hands, ovoid bodies, bat-like wings and tentacles (any from 1 on to infinity (unless they lose them all in some unlikely accident, of course)) growing from their faces.

They've since gone on to form variations such as The Psychic Bunny (like winged octobunnies but with psychic powers and brains bulging out of their skulls), The Hive Hares (vicious cannibalistic creatures with a rapid breeding rate and a hive-mind), and the like.

Remove ads