D&D 5E Fantasy Grounds Previews of Tasha's Cauldron

Ahead of the November 17th release date, the product page for Tasha's Cauldron of Everything has several previews on the Fantasy Grounds website. The previews include the origins customization section, group patrons, sidekicks, and a look at the alternate class features for the ranger Beast Master.

ScreenOne.jpg
ScreenTwo.jpg
ScreenThree.jpg
ScreenFour.jpg
ScreenFive.jpg
ScreenSix.jpg

Weiley31

Legend
Errata is different than optional rules. This looks to be errata on an existing set of spells. WOTC does in fact enforce errata on AL. And I tire of the "but you don't have to use it" response. You don't have to use the existing cantrips as they are either. Does that satisfy you without these changes? No? Then come on man, we can discuss changes we do or do not like without the "well you don't have to use it" retort.
But you don't have to use it.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
So apparently, for Bladesinger, no Elven racial restriction and Bladesong feature can now be used a number of times equal to your proficiency bonus and refreshes on a long rest. Extra attack now includes the ability to cast a cantrip as one of your attacks.
If true then that's a good change. I've always felt the bladesinger should have war magic so this is a good change to have.

Pauln6

Hero
So at this point, the only parts of SCAG unrevised or reprinted are

• Ghostwise halflings
  • Path of the Battlerager
  • Arcana domain
  • Oath of the Crown
  • Way of Long Death
  • Purple Dragon Knight
  • Undying Pact
  • The backgrounds (many of which were just FR themed variants of the PHB ones)

That is a vanishingly small list of things, and most of them are considered inferior options as is. I'm pretty sure they are almost done writing the SCAG out of existence.
Shame. I was hoping Purple Dragon Knight would get an alternate class feature giving them superiority dice to add to Persuasion instead of double proficiency to open up avenues to be better warlords.

JPL

Adventurer
Just reminding everyone that giant goats are Challenge Rating 1/2, and therefore can be played as sidekicks. They are stubborn, sure-footed, and non-picky eaters. You can ride them like horses. They are extremely loud. If you're running a Ravenloft campaign, your goat sidekick can be named Black Phillip, and be scary. Thor has a couple of talking goats, so you could do a Viking thing. Giant goats are also a source of milk, but mostly only the lady ones.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Not too excited by those changes, but they won't hurt my characters. Just seems...unnecessary to change the Bladesong, to me.

It doesn't really make the sticky EK a thing of the past. You can just use the old version, for one thing. For another, the EK can still take an entire attack action adn then BB with a bonus action, so the warcaster part isn't that important. Just take a Sentinel instead.

I really strongly dislike them changing the class in a way that hurts melee focused Bladesingers. That's the point of the subclass. Luckily my group where I play a Bladesinger doesn't have long adventuring days, so I'm unlikely to run out of uses if we switch to the new version.

I'm not too happy about the bladesinger changes either, I've had sessions where we had 3-4 encounters before a short rest, now I've got to wait the entire day?! Though I guess if they include something like being able to expend a spell slot for another use it will be okay and that does seem the way that they're going with a lot of abilities.

ph0rk

Friendship is Magic, and Magic is Heresy.
Maybe, not by much though. Mainly I always felt that the bladesinger needed more options to incentivise getting into melee and war magic, or this change, are good ways of doing it.

I think lacking the price of a bonus action is pretty big.

they can still move a flame sphere, launch meteors, launch stars from crown of stars, or manipulate bigby’s hand, all while eventually getting as much as (1d8+10)x2 + 3d8 from BB/GFB. That’s eldritch blast damage.

Wrathamon

Adventurer
Fighter: Blindfighting, throwing, and unarmed fighting styles are in. Unarmed fighting die now goes up to d8 if you just aren’t using a weapon or shield instead of if you “use two hands to make an unarmed strike.” Other fighting styles are unconfirmed
Why they hate Captain America so much?

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases