FASERIP Versus Joe Kushner

JoeGKushner

First Post
On a few blogs and other spots, I've seen some nonsense that I, Joe Kushner, am using another id, FASERIP, as a sock puppet.

Anyone know how that started or how to put an end to it?

Mods, if this is in the wrong forum, please move it. Thanks.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
EN World has no such user.

It would probably help if you could indicate upon what boards or blogs said user supposedly exists.

This isn't really a gaming discussion - moving to Off Topic....

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
EN World has no such user.

It would probably help if you could indicate upon what boards or blogs said user supposedly exists.

This isn't really a gaming discussion - moving to Off Topic....
In interest of the community's well being, I will not post the name of the accuser nor his blog in public*. HOWEVER, I sent [MENTION=1129]JoeGKushner[/MENTION] a copy of the blogger's final accusation (the one before he temporarily killed his blog).

I should mention that Google hasn't found many others who made the accusation.. so maybe he was the only one, but the trolling from FASERIP may have happened on multiple sites and blogs (I'm having trouble finding the exact instances since, well FASERIP is the name of an rpg).

* The blogger is an illustrator that had some work appear in an rpg product or two.. shining the big enworld light on him or his personal issues in the greater rpg community may not be the best thing to do.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
* The blogger is an illustrator.. shining the big enworld light on him in the greater rpg community may not be the best thing to do.

I was more thinking of where FASERIP was a user, not the blogger. I'm not interested in dragging the blogger's name through mud or into light, or anything - we do have a "don't drag drama around" policy. I'm more thinking of ways we can give Joe some ammo to disabuse folks of the notion, should he need it.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Problem is that FASERIP seems to randomly troll rpg blogs at blogspot AND wordpress. So finding a point of origin is difficult (though not as difficult as finding those he grieved)...

:^/

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
We wouldn't need a "point of origin", so much as a "point where there's an administrator we could talk to". But, as you say, big blog sites aren't good for that.

Janx

Hero
We wouldn't need a "point of origin", so much as a "point where there's an administrator we could talk to". But, as you say, big blog sites aren't good for that.

That's along the lines I was wondering.

Shouldn't the case be as simple as go to the owner of the board and see if they logged any identity information could prove or disprove the sock puppetry?

Not that somebody couldn't have gotten all sophisticated, but I'm betting the average puppeteer isn't taking precautions.

Janx

Hero
In interest of the community's well being, I will not post the name of the accuser nor his blog in public*. HOWEVER, I sent [MENTION=1129]JoeGKushner[/MENTION] a copy of the blogger's final accusation (the one before he temporarily killed his blog).

I should mention that Google hasn't found many others who made the accusation.. so maybe he was the only one, but the trolling from FASERIP may have happened on multiple sites and blogs (I'm having trouble finding the exact instances since, well FASERIP is the name of an rpg).

* The blogger is an illustrator that had some work appear in an rpg product or two.. shining the big enworld light on him or his personal issues in the greater rpg community may not be the best thing to do.

assuming the accuser and the puppeteer are not the same person (nor working together):
would it be fair to say that FASERIP said something bad about the accuser.
If the accuser thinks the OP is the owner of FASERIP, then he is not doubt mad at the OP
If the OP can prove he isn't FASERIP, then the accuser should not be mad at the OP (and probably offer an apology).

Though I also reckon maybe the accuser shouldn't be spoutin crap if he hasn't got bloody proof.

JoeGKushner

First Post
The funny thing is I've never seen a post by FASERIP directly claiming to be me. The image thing was weird but I've got to scan some ID and send it to Wordpress and they'll take care of that.

In terms of getting ahold of FASERIP, the profile has no contact information.

He's somebody's sock puppet.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
oh_the_drama-1.jpg

Remove ads