• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite D&D Class?

Libertad

Hero
Any Edition. What class is your favorite, whether the general idea or to play?

Personally, it's a tie between the Warblade (3rd Edition Tome of Battle) and the Magus (Pathfinder). I'm fond of martial builds, especially ones which incorporate magic into their arsenal or a diverse array of moves. In that vein I'm pretty fond of the Psychic Warrior, too.

What are your favorites?

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
The ranger in 1e, 3.5, and PF (it was pretty bad in 2e and its first iteration in 3.0 hadn't shaped up enough to be what it should have been).

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
From B/X to 1e, 2e, and 3/3.5/PF.... I've played more clerics than anything else, and I can't think of any that would have been described as healbots.

They've got the spells and the combat and whatever funky religious angle you want to give them as an extra hook when needed. The specific mythos in 2e and then the 3/3.5/PF domains made it even nicer, and I've been blessed with DMs who allow for a bit of customization beyond the RAW. As a DM, I always enjoyed coming up with the custom clerics for the different deities for the several campaign settings I made for our group's 2e games.

Rangers, Rogues, and Bards in some order after that. I can only remember two mages, and both of those were in underdark games. No sorcerers yet.

TwoSix

"Diegetics", by L. Ron Gygax
In 3e, the Archivist. A high Intelligence seeker of lost rituals of the gods? Able to give bard like bonuses because he knows so damn much about monsters? Yes, please!
In PF, the Summoner. A sick melee character on top of a near full caster? Awesome.
In 4e, the Warlord. A high-Int battle commander, who can use the barbarian as his at-will attack? Damn right.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads