• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite Dump Stat for Purely Roleplaying Reasons

ShadowRaven

First Post
Depending on the character concept it's ussually charisma for fighter types. Gruff, grizzled veterans and all that. For spellcasters I generally drop strength. After all, all the wizards I play are ussually the bookish sort, though I try to keep them atleast around a 10. Booksih they may be, but the amount of walking and stuff an adventurer does has got to build some muscle, with sorcerors I ussually dump either strength or wisdom, or ocassionally intelligence. Mostly it depends on the character concept I have

LostSoul

Adventurer
WIS-DOM. Flawed characters are cool.

Charisma is second. It's fun to play an ugly outcast. "I sneer at the barmaid. I'm actually trying to smile, but my charisma is so low it comes out as a sneer."

sckeener

First Post
I like playing Undead so does CON count as the dump stat? ;)

If I had to pick a dump stat, it would either be STR or DEX depending on what I am playing. I rarely create hand to hand arcane characters so STR is the usual....but when I play something else like a cleric, I tend to make DEX the dump stat.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
I ususally use Wisdom as the dump stat, as I am pretty unobservant and it makes it a lot easier for the characters I play to be that way.

Also, "Kind of Clueless" is pretty fun to play.

drothgery

First Post
CON, oddly. Despite playing lots of casters and even a TWF ranger, almost of all of which suffered near-death experience (and even actual death or two), I keep building characters that can dish it out but can't take it (the one that reached the highest level eventually broke down and bought an amulet of health +4)

Remove ads