Favorite Episodes of Season 1 'Lost'

Pants

First Post
So, I've been watching through the 1st Season on DVD and I've been picking out my favorite episodes (for whatever reasons, I always like to 'ranks' things). Here are my top 5 'Lost' Episodes from the 1st season.

1. 'Pilot' Parts 1 and 2 - Great way to kick off a good show. Start fast and end with a banger with the revelation of the french transmission and Charlie's comment of 'Guys... where are we?'

2. 'In Translation' - Really helped to explain Jin's attitude and created a truly humanizing picture of his character. The beginning of Micheal and Jin's strange friendship also begins here, IMO one of the stronger ones in the series.

3. 'Special' - I never really cared for Walt and Micheal before this episode, but after I saw this one, they both really started to click.

4. 'Tabula Rasa' - I like this episode if only for the defeated look on Sawyer's face after he fails in killing the US Marshal.

5. 'Confidence Man' - Sayid and Jack torturing Sawyer and Sawyer's self loathing = good characterization.

Honorable Mention: 'Numbers' - Because Hurley is cool. ;)

dravot

First Post
Is that the Hurley backstory episode? That's my favorite, hands down.

I also enjoyed the one where Locke found his father - quite powerful.

John Crichton

First Post
The kick-you-in-the-junk moment at the end of Walkabout is burned into my brain and will mostly likely never leave. While there were some awesome other eps (Numbers and the Pilot come to mind), Walkabout gets the highest praise from me.

Klaus

First Post
Which one is Walkabout?

And to answer the question in 'Friends' style:

- The one that started it all;

- The one after that;

- The first one to show Locke's 'condition';

- The one where Sawyer goes after a boar;

... aww, heck! I like all of 'em!

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
My mother spoiled that for me before I saw that episode. That said, to my mind this is the first real and conclusive evidence that something is seriously "the bubble is off plumb" about the entire islands and situation.

Remove ads