• General Martok (DS9)

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • B'Elanna Torres (VOY)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Kahless the Unforgettable (TOS, TNG)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Duras (TNG)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lursa and B'Etor (TNG, DS9, Star Trek Generations)

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • General Chang (Stat Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country)

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Captain Kruge (Star Trek III: The Search for Spock)

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • General Korrd (Star Trek V: The Final Frontier)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Chun-tzu

First Post
mojo1701 said:
That, and wasn't he only 1/4 Klingon?

Other way around. Worf is full-blooded Klingon, and K'ehleyr was half-human. So Alexander was 3/4 Klingon, and more Klingon (genetically) than his mother or B'elanna. Sure, he wasn't terribly Klingon-like, and in that one possible future he's almost the anti-Klingon (growing up to become a diplomat). Even his name would stick out in this poll. But that's not why no one would vote for him. He'd get fewer votes for most popular character than Wesley Crusher because Alexander was a whiny little brat ;)

mojo1701

First Post
Chun-tzu said:
Other way around. Worf is full-blooded Klingon, and K'ehleyr was half-human. So Alexander was 3/4 Klingon, and more Klingon (genetically) than his mother or B'elanna. Sure, he wasn't terribly Klingon-like, and in that one possible future he's almost the anti-Klingon (growing up to become a diplomat). Even his name would stick out in this poll. But that's not why no one would vote for him. He'd get fewer votes for most popular character than Wesley Crusher because Alexander was a whiny little brat ;)

My bad. I got confused. I was thinking of the Paris/Torres kid.

Orius

Legend
Villano said:
I was just joking about him. He was a chef? All I remember is that he would sing in Quarks.

He's kind of fallen through the cracks with the other forgotten supporting Trek characters. Anyone remember Chief Engineer Argyle of Next Gen? :lol:

No, he was some kind of Klingon chef or something that ran a restaurant that served Klingon food. He'd casually throw platefuls of stale gagh over his shoulder and serenade his customers with Klingon opera or something. A fun character, but hardly important.

Ah yes chief engineer Argyle. He was in what 2 episodes? And he was what the second or third chief engineer they used in the first season before Geordi got promoted?

Ranger REG

Explorer
Chun-tzu said:
He'd get fewer votes for most popular character than Wesley Crusher because Alexander was a whiny little brat ;)
Meh. At least he's acting like an angry Klingon child for his age, not some genius wonderboy who keep saving the big E. ;)

Argyle was the E-D's first Chief Engineer (at least when the show started), then we had a blonde female Chief Engineer, before LaForge got promoted.

Laurel

First Post
Orius said:
No, he was some kind of Klingon chef or something that ran a restaurant that served Klingon food. He'd casually throw platefuls of stale gagh over his shoulder and serenade his customers with Klingon opera or something. A fun character, but hardly important.
If Morn, the drunk at quark's who never said a word, can be considered imporant then the Klingon chef could be as well :)

Last edited:

mojo1701

First Post
Laurel said:
If Morn, the drunk at quark's who never said a word, can be considered imporant then the Klingon chef could be as well :)

But Morn had an episode to himself. I mean, 1000 bars of gold-pressed latinum!

DungeonmasterCal

First Post
Boy...that's tough... Martok, Gowron, and Worf all tie for 1st place for me. My personal favorite line from any Klingon is Worf's "I am NOT a merry man!".

I will also put in my vote for Kang from TOS. Michael Ansara really brought that character to life, and when they brought him back on DS9, my blood sang to join him in battle!

Qapla!

Last edited:

Ranger REG

Explorer
DungeonmasterCal said:
Boy...that's tough... Martok, Gowron, and Worf all tie for 1st place for me. My personal favorite line from any Klingon is Worf's "I am NOT a merry man!".

I will also put in my vote for Kang from TOS. Michael Ansara really brought that character to life, and when they brought him back on DS9, my blood sang to join him in battle!
Unfortunately, in that "Blood Oath" episode, he died along with Koloth. At least he reappeared in a VOYAGER episode that also featured Sulu & Excelsior Co.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
You forgot Kurn, Worf's brother.

Speaking of Worf, he's my fav. Not that I dislike any of the others except for Belanna Torres. But then I didn't like Voyager that much at all.

Remove ads