• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Favorite TV Theme Songs?

John Crichton

First Post
Okay, the Rescue Me/Firefly threads made me think of my favorite TV theme songs over the years. How about yours? The show itself may have stunk or just been a guilty habit but what were/are you favorites?

The best for me are from -

Rescue Me: Just rocks.
Angel: Strings + guitars are great.
DS9: I just really liked the composition. Liked it so much that I bought the sheet music and had my piano teacher teach it to me.
A-team: No explaination needed.
Firefly: Didn't like it so much at first but it really grew on me. Possibly one of the best TV theme songs of this generation.

Twilight Zone - How classic is that? Plus the Grateful Dead played it on the more modern version of the show.
Blackadder, in it's various incarnations.
Red Dwarf - "I want to lie, shipwrecked and comatose..." :)

Alfred Hitchcock and Monty Python's Flying Circus are classics, though that might be cheating as the music predates the show.

As a kid I always loved the Top Cat theme too.

Last edited:

Ferret

Explorer
Angel: Yup the stings get me, I like violin stuff (if it is violins)
Yoko Jakamoto Toto: It's a childrens program but I love the theme anyway.
The newest (in terms of shows) enterprise: I want to know who thats by, I like it lots!

John Crichton

First Post
Ferret said:
The newest (in terms of shows) enterprise: I want to know who thats by, I like it lots!
Diane Warren wrote it and Russel Watson performs it. It was redone from its original version. I like the old version much better.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
The theme to Angel was done by the Darling Violettas. A local band out of LA. I have their CD (though it doesnt have the angel theme on it). The CD is lost somewhere in my parents apartment. You can prolly find it on amazon.

I collect TV Themes on my pc. I have hundreds.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads