D&D 5E Favourite DnD Setting

Rogerd1

Adventurer
As per the title, what is your favourite setting?

Firstly I want to restrict to 5e settings.
Then open it up to include other versions too, that you have included in your 5e games.

Which settings do you like the most?

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
My top settings are.

1. Forgotten Realms
2. Planescape
3. A tie between Spelljammer and Dark Sun
QFT, but I have SJ firmly at 3 and DS firmly at 4. In terms of settings I'd want to use now? Planescape/Spelljammer (in a portmanteau) and then DS. I have no real use for a kitchen sink fantasy setting for D&D at this point, as much as I love and have played many, many hours in the Realms.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
What about some of the newer settings?
My problem with newer settings is that since they don't hit my nostalgia button they need to have some hook that gets me into them that would make me think of them as something to use rather than using one of the many homebrew setting ideas I have in a Google doc that I'd like to use or the backlog of existing settings that do hit my nostalgia button. There's just too much competition in my headspace for settings for a new settings to make its way in unless it's got a cool hook or its something I could use with one of the other settings I want to use.

I am looking forward to the Radiant Citadel though - it looks like it might have both of those things from what they've shown us so far.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases